• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coolest new feature?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Besides Pokethlon one little feature(or is it more of a tweak?)is your Pokemon losing the poison status at 1 HP.
    Acctually that was in Platnum also.

My favorite is that all pokemon can follow you (and thats the only feature that I seen or know of :P)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    my fave is the pokewalker
    You know the PokéWalker isn't really considered a new feature within the game. It is more an external play to gain items, Pokémon with exclusive moves, etc. Things like the Pokéthelon, the Following Feature, and so on are more considered a new feature within the game. However, the PokéWalker is definitely a nice addtion to the game no doubt. It definitely allows players to gain more from the game than the originals.

Another feature brought to the games that was never introduced before was the added in effect to the new Safari Zone. Definitely cool how they put in a customization feature to it allowing players to use less steps in their count and have a new way to enjoy the area.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    You know the PokéWalker isn't really considered a new feature within the game. It is more an external play to gain items, Pokémon with exclusive moves, etc. Things like the Pokéthelon, the Following Feature, and so on are more considered a new feature within the game. However, the PokéWalker is definitely a nice addtion to the game no doubt. It definitely allows players to gain more from the game than the originals.

Another feature brought to the games that was never introduced before was the added in effect to the new Safari Zone. Definitely cool how they put in a customization feature to it allowing players to use less steps in their count and have a new way to enjoy the area.
    The Safafi Zone is a good idea. Especially for the reason that it adds custom feature to the Zone that the previous games lacked.

Years
    Anything but Pokemon following! =P. Seriously I must be one of the few that finds it extremely annoying.
    *Facepalm*

I can't wait to have Lugia follow me!
    The return of the Johto region. <33
    This.

1. Johto is back!
    2.Sabrina looks awesome
    3.Blaine has a hat
    4.Good Kanto gyms
    5.You can get all the starters without any gba games!!!

Storm
    And this.
    I'd have to say the use of the touch screen. I absolutely, positively love it. The fact that you're not really having to touch the XYAB buttons is a definitely plus in my book. Definite good use of the touch screen, Nintendo. :D
    And definitely this. Arguably the best thing they've added EVUR. I hope it sticks around in future generations. I LOVE the way the pokedex works, and the box system integrated with the touch screen is wonderful. And "SAVE" on the touch screen= awesome.

Anyways, I'm glad that the Apricorns are alot easier to get(Though on the flip side, Berries alot really annoying to get ahold of). And the GB Player is a big plus for those of use who've played the originals.
    Yes it its. It will be interesting to see if I learn to like the new music better or if I constantly have the GB Player running. I'm sure I'll constantly be comparing! :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    1. Johto is back!
    2.Sabrina looks awesome
    3.Blaine has a hat
    4.Good Kanto gyms
    5.You can get all the starters without any gba games!!!

Storm
    Actually, you can't get all of the starters. Just one from each region. I'm afraid you still have to have the other games to obatain all twelve starters.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    i like the pokethon and that any pokemon can follow you like pikachu in pokemon yellow

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Definitely the Pokemon following you. So glad they brought back that feature from Yellow. I like Pokethlons, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Cuties following you around. It's freaking adorable. Yes, I'm saying it's adorable. And to be specific, Quilava. :3

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The return of Aprricorn Balls and Pokemon following are most comforting to me.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    (1) Definitely that option that allowing Pokemon to follow you, and you could check their moods.

(2) Pokéthlon. Personally I LOVE it more than contest by miles.

(3) The Safari Zone. I know it's not new to Pokémon games but I just love the fact that you could catch Larvitar in there now early in the game. Well it was Mt. Silver exclusive which is fine for me (raising it back in GSC seems like a kind of achievement XD) though.

(4) Getting Kanto and Hoenn starters, the Lati@s and Mewtwo - these are pretty unexpected.

(5) GB Player. *thumbs up*

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I liked the Pokemon following you.
    and I like the Menu Touch screen feature.

Toeto

I HEART WOBBUFFET. <3
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    I think every new feature is really really great, I was so excited when I heard about all the awesome new things you could do ! n wn
    But my favorite thing would DEFINATELY have to be the ability to walk with any Pokemon you want, and not limiting it to " cute " Pokemon.
    There are a lot more cute Pokemon and it's been like, my dream to walk with my Wobbuffet.
    Now I can finally fufill that dream. ; w; <333

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    The apricot balls and the Pokemon follow you

Back