• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coping with the "I want to knock your lights out" feeling.

Years
  • I don't loose my temper that often as most of the time I'm able to leave the situation and calm down.

Two recent incidents of my loosing my temper and not calming down quick enough - an arguement between me and my other half, I was screaming at him and hit the wall, if I hadn't hit the wall I would have hit him. The other time was when a neighbour who had been causing problems (noise, rubbish, needles etc) was having a go at me and my other half. She kept saying "shut up" to me, over and over again. I snapped and lunged at her - thankfully my other half grabed me round the waist and shoved me back into the flat.

Complete strangers have never caused me to loose my temper. I worked in a supermarket so had plenty of experience with nasty customers. Best way to deal with them is to be extra, extra nice. Makes them even madder :D

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm a pretty gentle and quiet person, I think. Also, I don't think I've ever had extremely violent thoughts or the resolve to do something violent. Actually, the more someone annoys me, the quieter I become. I hate acting on impulse since it most often results in regret and guilt; not a good feeling. I don't think I'd ever be able to hit someone however far they cross the line, but idk it all comes down to when I'm actually face-to-face with such a situation. It depends, I suppose.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    We're talking about a feeling that hasn't been around my parts for years, so remembering that last time, I'll act like I did back then: do something ridiculous that will embarrass me and temporarily forget my anger. I can really rage all I want on the inside and it can stay like that for a while, but if I understand that I'm closing in on going all out, I try to find a quick way of distracting myself.

Sure, I've gotten into fights, but when I fight I'm not angry; I'm serious, because there's a strong motive behind my fists at the time.

So what did I do the last time I was about to go out of control? I shoved a doughnut on my face.

Back