• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    AHAHAHA

Kyogre? That's too awesome. [/worships Kyogre like a religion]

Nintendo must've got my emails. <3 Really though, was not expecting that. XD

Silver art looks rad, and the Arceus event sure seems... interesting. >:)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, it's sounding to me like there will be some fighting in each game, such as Lugia having to take care of Groudon and vice-versa. That would be the only way I could explain why they'd put Lugia and Groudon in the same game, as they have nothing in common. :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, it's sounding to me like there will be some fighting in each game, such as Lugia having to take care of Groudon and vice-versa. That would be the only way I could explain why they'd put Lugia and Groudon in the same game, as they have nothing in common. :/
    Hmm... probably too early to assume this, so far - there is many a way they can justify their appearance in HG/SS after all (if they bother to do so, that is XD). And by that stage, if it follows GSC, wouldn't Lugia have already been obtainable? That's assuming it does follow GSC, of course, but there's not much on why that shouldn't be the case...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This is definitely one of the most interesting piece of news yet. I definitely think having Groudon in SoulSilver fits as well as having Kyogre in HeartGold fits too. The reason why is because Pokémon seems to like doing things the opposite way at times. I don't know how the whole roaming idea will work, but if it based like how it was in Emerald [caves and locatiosn around the region], then I'd say it'll be alright. It'll also add some nice weather effect to the game if done so. As for Kyogre, I can picture that being a roaming Pokémon if you have both in one game as it flies and is very fast.

Having them in the region, awaken makes perfect sense though. I mean the events with them occured nearly three years ago for the game's timeline. This being, these three legendaries were awakened, but when they were put to rest [or caught] it never explained exactly where they went. So, I guess this fits nicely, plus to capture Groudone once more [because I'm getting SoulSilver] will be bringing back a lot of old memories since my very first game was Pokémon Ruby.

Now, on to the amazing new personas for some characters. Porfessor Elm, defintiely kept his look, but he has definitely improved since the originals. I see nothing to complain about him. In his lab however, there is a plus side seeing as they kept the healing machine on the lower floor again. With this being said, then it may very well be that the mother continues to save and spend our money for us like in the orignals as she never was able to give us rest because of this.

Silver, he looks perfect. They barely made a dent with him and has still kept that vengeful look in him. His hair actually does look similar to the Silver in the Pokémon Chronicles introduction. This is a nice improvement for him indeed. He's kept his rough look, his posture is pretty well done, his eyes are not as dull or strange as the new female and Gold may have, and not to mention he doesn't look extremely weak or skinny. I like how they've made improvements with him and has definitely made him more modern with the older feel of things.

As for the Team Rocket female, well it looks pretty well done. I'm simply hoping it is the scan that makes the 'R' look orange and not red. Anyway, this is only the female version of Team Rocket, as I'd like to see the new admins and the male grunts as well. Also, you know if they show any scan with a possible Giovanni, something will be up with him possibly [now this is strict speculation here on my part].

The battle scene, defintiely resembles that of Platinum and I expected it to be this way. Nothing really much different there and it's cool that it showed the battle with Silver over anyone else. Gold's back sprite as well looks decent [just wish the scan was a bit better quality, oh well].

Now, the biggest news pretty much is Cynthia and Arceus. It is definitely a different view from that of Platinum. Also, could this mean that an event for Arceus will be held for HGSS as well possible and add in a storyline twist with Cynthia to cameo?...Anyway, seeing this and having the new 12th movie coming out in Japan Soon and of course eventually to be released in the rest of the world, it makes me think. I strongly believe that there will be a certain event for Arceus in America now and with the 12th movie to be out next year as well, I wonder if the game will have a release date close to the release of the movie as well. It has a possibility of it, and may just happen. I'm glad that we get to see Cynthia again though, and it makes me wonder what other possibilities these remakes will have.

I'd expect a few more scans to be out sometime later this week. I have to admit though, these were very beneficial scans and it has kept me wanting the game more and more.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I didn't think it was possible for them to make Silver look even more badass, but they did it.

Also, Kyogre in HeartGold? Awesome.

Ooka

Years
    I don't know how the whole roaming idea will work, but if it based like how it was in Emerald [caves and locatiosn around the region], then I'd say it'll be alright. It'll also add some nice weather effect to the game if done so. As for Kyogre, I can picture that being a roaming Pokémon if you have both in one game as it flies and is very fast.

I hope they don't pull that number again. I'd prefer they just leave them in a cave somewhere and you go get them. It makes it so much harder to IV/Nature catch Pokemon when they can run from you. That is of course if they can run from you.

In his lab however, there is a plus side seeing as they kept the healing machine on the lower floor again.

In game his lab has always had one floor. o.o

Also, you know if they show any scan with a possible Giovanni, something will be up with him possibly [now this is strict speculation here on my part].

I'm hoping they'll put some stuff in this game about Giovanni. I actually see him as an interesting character, while some people just see him as another Team Rocket member.

I'm glad that we get to see Cynthia again though, and it makes me wonder what other possibilities these remakes will have.

Tbh, it's starting to look more like a new game and less like a remake. I mean, Hoenn legends are cool and all, but they don't really go along with the original storyline (Unless of course Nintendo pulls something out of their.... well, you get the idea). Now we've got Cynthia in the mix, if I start seeing anything about taking a boat to Sinnoh I'm going to murder someone. >:o

I'd expect a few more scans to be out sometime later this week. I have to admit though, these were very beneficial scans and it has kept me wanting the game more and more.

I don't expect anything else major this week. :/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    In game his lab has always had one floor. o.o
    However, in a screenshot/videos of New Bark Town, Elm's Lab from the outside has a balcony and stairs leading up to it.
    I'm hoping they'll put some stuff in this game about Giovanni. I actually see him as an interesting character, while some people just see him as another Team Rocket member.
    Note that in FR/LG, they mention that Giovanni has a 'kid' with 'red hair', which is believed to be Silver.

Cynthia being in appears to be part of this event (which seemingly is a movie event) which is fair enough, I suppose.

And we probably can expect a few more Coro Coro scans today/tomorrow, most probably.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Tbh, it's starting to look more like a new game and less like a remake. I mean, Hoenn legends are cool and all, but they don't really go along with the original storyline (Unless of course Nintendo pulls something out of their.... well, you get the idea).
    See FireRed and LeafGreen + Legendary Beasts; the Hoenn legends aren't that fresh of an idea, really.

Ooka

Years
    However, in a screenshot/videos of New Bark Town, Elm's Lab from the outside has a balcony and stairs leading up to it.
    Note that in FR/LG, they mention that Giovanni has a 'kid' with 'red hair', which is believed to be Silver.

He said again so I was just letting him know there was one floor the first time. xD

And we probably can expect a few more Coro Coro scans today/tomorrow, most probably.

Awesome, I figured maybe a few important Coro Coro scan a week on a good week, haha.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    At the time of having the legendary beasts in FRLG was so we could obtain most of the Johto Pokémon to fill our PokéDex. However, now that the games are progressing and people are more playing the newer games, they will need to include some Hoenn type Pokémon to fill the Dex. Preferable those that are harder to catch. Plus, it actually makes sense to add these three Hoenn Legendaries. For one, the three Kanto birds were included in Platinum, so it isn't needed in the remake really. Secondly, there is Kanto, so maybe they may include some of the Kanto legendaries to make catchable, such as Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave. Not to mention, the three Regiis were found in Platinum, so they won't need to be put in the remakes either. Now, the Johto is back, so the legendary beasts and other Johto legendaries will be available for the players. With all this included between Platinum and the remakes, that basically leaves out Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. So, it isn't about changing the game from the definition of a remake, but more or less allowing the game players to catch the unobtainable legendaries that were not available without migration or in Platinum.

I think a lot of people will like this. Some may even think it could be reference to a remake of the Hoenn games, but as good as that sounds to some, it probably won't. Not yet anyway as things are still early for everyone. Not to mention, with the remakes and DPPt alone, players can basically catch and fill nearly the entire Pokédex now.

He said again so I was just letting him know there was one floor the first time. xD

Trust me, I already knew there was one floor before, I guess it was just a misunderstanding with wording. No big deal really.

EDIT: By the way, I was reading on serebii.net about the whole Arceus event. It was stated there that "possible from a Japanese Forum" if you trade over the Movie Arceus into HeartGold and SoulSilver then, you can unlock a level 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina. Now I don't know how true this may be, but here is what it basically said:

LINK: https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    Awesome :D
    Honestly, I don't see Kyogre and Groudon as roaming Pokémon.

Ooka

Years
    I just don't see that happening, I mean, the possibility of getting them might be there, but at Lv. 1? To the best of my knowledge no legend has ever been obtainable at level 1 because they can't breed. :/

Detox

Oh noes, I dont want Groudon in my game >:

Ooka

Years
    Ah, completely forgot about the worst legend in creation. xD

That's probably why they didn't instantly mark it as scam then.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I just don't see that happening, I mean, the possibility of getting them might be there, but at Lv. 1? To the best of my knowledge no legend has ever been obtainable at level 1 because they can't breed. :/
    Regis (or leastways, Regigigas in Platinum) says otherwise. Admittedly, it is a bit odd to see such a thing once again, but considering there's Arceus involved and the dialogue involves the choice of seeing the 'birth' out of three Pokemon (and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are related to Arceus as it created them), it's kinda valid, if it turns out to be true. (Given this discussion came from Japanese sites as well, it's somewhat got a tad more credibility to it for the time being).

Needs more info/confirmation though, really. Only 'real' stuff is what one can see from those scans - what they may mean exactly is still up in the air.

Ooka

Years
    Yeah, Serebii has published plenty of information before that has come back false, so it's best not to get our hopes up.

Detox

I just hope they dont overload these with legends like they did in plat...I mean Mew, Mewtwo, The dogs/Cats/Wtf ever they are, the birds, Lugia and Ho-oh, possibly Celebi,and the two fails(I luv Rayquaza) from Hoenn are enough.

Still not wantig Groudon in my SoulSilver though. That actually tempts me to buy Heartgold instead(since Kyogre is better than Groudon)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    WOW!!!!!! ARE THESE REAL?!?!? I MUST GET THESE GAMES!!!!

Yes, you can totally believe in them. They are the most recent CoroCor scans released and it has definitely given out quite some unexpected news. It is said that some may be released later on this week again, but we'll see.

Oh yeah, there was a legendary level one Pokémon which would have been Giratina in Platinum. Though it is hard for me to believe seeing as though we've already had Dialga and the rest in every 4th Gen Game so far and the level we catch them at isn't bad either. We'll see though, maybe the scans that are expected later this week, may say something about it...or not.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    It appears that Elm will have his own sprite this time. The Ground/Kygore event seems interesting enough. By what I can see the Silver sprite looks great. The artwork for Elm, Silver, and the rocket grunt looks good. Silver's is a bit more modern like the rest of them. I wish I knew what the Arceus event said. Oh and I'm sorry how I acted in the previous post I was just excited.

Back