• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen CoroCoro Scans (May 13th) / Famitsu scans (May 14th) - discussion

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    This sure is a wonderful thing to come home from school to see. I'm really going to miss Crystal, especially since I'm not in love with the new girl's wardrobe. New scans also show that starter follows you outside of town, but I'd still like more info on that. And finally, new art, which I am extremely excited about. HURRY UP HGSS!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I'll be. Looks like so far, the starter follows you even after Mr. Pokemon's house. On one hand, I'm glad about that. On the other, I wonder if other Pokemon will be able to follow you, because there are Pokemon that I would prefer to have following me in the game than a giant six-foot alligator. XD

The new girl's hat rivals Aretha Franklin's. XD I'm not too horrible upset about her design, since I never played Crystal (battery died), so I'm not attached to her. Gold's design is going to take some getting used to for me, since I'm used to the old design.

Still, the new official art is awesome. (Wooper! ;o; ) And definitely looking forward to more information.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    It's certainly an odd choice to have a new female character instead of revamping Crystal, but I suppose if you go by the logic of these being G/S remakes instead of Generation 2 remakes, it fits because G/S didn't have their own female character, and Crystal the character fit a bit more with Crystal the game's theme, most likely because of her hair (and actually, most of her sprite was blue, too). That said, I don't think her design is too bad, although the first few times I looked at her, I kept getting a Leaf vibe from her. The new Gold looks awesome, as well, and it'll be great to play as him again. XD

The new Sugimori arts are cool, as well. Wooper's got a really nice "oh?" expression on its face, and Mareep and Chinchou are great, Chinchou looking like it's going for some action. Blissey's is great, too, and Miltank isn't too bad, although those bad Whitney memories are still intact, lol.

It was also nice seeing some of the Sprout Tower and Azalea Town. I always liked those first-person views in FRLG of the place you just entered, even if they were a bit repetitive, but here, it looks like some real work went into making them. For a FPV, that Sprout Tower looks awesome. As for Azalea's Slowpoke Well, seems they opted to make it a bit harder to get to by literally making it a well, which I don't mind. As a well, it should be at a lower ground level than the rest of the map. Also liked how Ilex Forest now looks, and that shrine looks great.

As for the starters following the player, I don't really mind it too much, but I hope that they give us the option to use that ability.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Gold looks awesome. Looks like pokemon will definitely be following you, at least until they evolve.
    Looks like both pikachu colored pichu and notch eared have to do with celebi.

New version of poketch or updated pokegear. Hopefully the latter.

Anyway, for people who are lazy, the new screenshots:
    CoroCoro Scans (May 13th) / Famitsu scans (May 14th) - discussion

(Possible pokegear on bottom screen? What is that?)

Most likely the slowpoke well.

I don't know..

Some kind of trading screen?

Shrine in ilex with pichus.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This gives me a lot more info! I cannot wait to get this game!!! Where did you find these?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Sorry if this was already answered. But what is first place affect or whatever. I don't get what you guys are talking about when you say that about the Sprout Tower. Help?

Honestly I don't think the girl is that bad. Miltank farm is in Johto, right? Therefore she could fit in there.Yes, I'm glad that kept the Pokégear, and hopefully they still call it that as well. The Sugimori art is excellent, I love Mareep's && Miltank's.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Sorry if tis was already answered. But what is first place affect or whatever. I don't get what you guys are talking about when you say that about the Sprout Tower. Help?Honestly I don't think the girl is that bad. Miltank farm is in Johto, right? Therefore she could fit in there.Yes, I'm glad that kept the Pokégear, and hopefully they still call it that as well. The Sugimori art is excellent, I love Mareep's && Miltank's.
    Remember those shots of the caves/power plant/buildings that came on when you entered a cave/powe plant/places like Silph Co. in FRLG? That's the first-person view, since, as the name would suggest, it's what the character sees as they go in.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Ah, sweet! :D
    I love the new scans. The new girl looks sweet! ^__^
    And the Pichu event, can't wait to get there! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Remember those shots of the caves/power plant/buildings that came on when you entered a cave/power plant/places like Silph Co. in FRLG? That's the first-person view, since, as the name would suggest, it's what the character sees as they go in.

Oh I remember now, thanks for answering. ^^;

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I choose B as my final answer, Todoroki! XD

Amazing finds. May I ask where you got these from?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The three pokeball picture scans, if it is where we pick our starter they surely have modernized it from simply sitting ona flat desk. The new Mareep and Miltank look is simply adorable, and I actualyl must say they've made Hoppip look as cheerful as ever.

Back