• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Costs of Pokemon Games

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
Years
  • Pokemon games are not very cheap. And they also keep making new versions. I want to ask you if you are going to keep buying new versions of games as they update or stick to the oldies. Im still on platinum, what about u?

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I have kept my old games ever since I bought them.
    I still have my Red Version, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, (lost my ruby), etc.

So, as new games get released, I'll stick with my old copies and still play them :P

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I will more than likely keep buying them as they come out as I've done since the games first came out I will wait for a review before I get Black though as it looks a little iffy to me

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
  • All games are very costly, isn't the new game that comes out is usually 60$? I don't know because in my country we don't use either dollars or euros, so...

As for me, my gameboy color is still with me and my second gen as well as two yellow games are still me with me.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Don't forget the social cost: People make fun of you XDD

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well i have Yellow,Red,Blue,Gold,Silver,Ruby,Saphire,Emerald,Diamond,Platinum & 2 of the Ranger ones i forget the names.

Ive paid for all the Gameboy advance and Nintendo Ds ones $34.99 each.

I see that as cheap as **** where i come from and i am in Usa,Maryland.

Enless your a little kid or a kid then it is easy to get games.

As soon as pokemon Black and white is able to be reserved im going to go reserve my copy.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Although I am a fan of Black&White, I am unsure if I will purchase them. Santa does not visit me anymore. ;;

This applies to all Pokemon games, not just DPPt.

Moved~

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • When I pre-order the game, it saves me a copy and knocks of a dollar or so. At target, they are usually $40+ until after a couple weeks, then they are $39.99 USD

I usually buy the new versions pretty quickly, even pre-order them.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I agree that pokemon games are not cheap. Personally I don't have spare money nor interest to buy every version of one generation, I'm satisfied with one from each. I have Diamond and Soul Silver.

And I plan to buy White or Black in the future.

Chellychu

⊙ ◡ ⊙ ♥
    Years
  • They're not that cheap, but most games aren't. xD
    I've bought at least one game from every generation and that won't be stopping any time soon. c:

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Nah, I'm sticking with the oldies or at least the ones that are playable on the Game Boy Advance. I'm through with buying new systems to play new updated games. Besides, I don't even like the way the new Pokemon look. If Sapphire and Ruby and Emerald weren't released on Game Boy Advance, I wouldn't have bought them.

I was considering buying Heartgold/Soulsilver, but I played my friend's Soulsilver and I didn't even finish beating all the Kanto gym leaders. I just got bored and played my old Crystal. I'm rather pleased with the old games.

Years
  • English versions of games tend to be really cheap. I got SoulSilver for $35, whereas the Japanese had to pay $60-70 for the same game. Plus, when you look at how many hours you sink into these games, the cost-benefit analysis is pretty good. I could easily spend $35 on gas, dinner, and a ticket to a concert, which will give me maybe 4 hours of enjoyment. The same money gets me over 100 hours of enjoyment with this game. It's really a good purchase.

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
  • Don't forget the social cost: People make fun of you XDD

So, so true...

But yeah, I still buy them all. Got red, blue, yellow, silver, crystal, emerald, sapphire, pearl, diamond, platinum and bought heartgold yesterday. I'll buy soulsilver to do one of the challenges on when I get a bit further on HG

And I agree. The amount of hours you spend vs. money spent actualy makes it look like a good deal

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've got one with each region now:

Emerald
    LeafGreen
    Diamond
    Platinum
    HeartGold

However, I also have Ranger, and have owned SoulSilver and Battle Revolution, but ended up trading them in for HeartGold, which I don't regret.much. xD

I'm not sure 'bout Black/White. Might buy the 3rd Version.

I know I'll get the 3rd Gen remakes. And if they re-remake 1st Gen (which I could understand, if they want to keep Kanto in every generation, xD), then I'll probably get that aswell.

I'm aiming to have all regions on my DSi.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • They're not really expensive, considering what you get out of them. And considering that most places (in Maryland, anyway) sell them for about 40-50 dollars, it's easier to buy them then a lot of other games.

loganinak

I just lost the game :)
    Years
  • I don't think pokemon games are all that expensive. They only cost $35 dollars and compared to the old game boy advanced which were $50 when they came out that's pretty cheap

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    £35 for a game is the standard around here, I'd consider that a wee bit costly for something that's only entertainment and not of any actual use.

So, considering I don't spend money of entertainment very often I don't mind paying that for a pokemon game. I just got Soul Silver and I think it was worth the money. I am finding it more enjoyable than Pearl, and Pearl was the last game I ever bought before that and that was years ago.

If you don't buy games much it's not that costly. But if you do buy games often then I'd say it could eat into your pocket pretty fast.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • No video games are cheap but while the Pokémon series isn't bargain bin crap (for obvious reasons), it's also not the highest-end price tier. :/ HGSS was only... what... $35? Or was it $40? Either way, that's really not too bad. And you can usually get the games for $30 after a while. (Still waiting for Explorers of Sky to dip down below $30 though. ;_;)

They're a bit high considering a new installment (not even counting the spinoffs) comes out every year but... they are most definitely not the most offending franchise in the world. :|

Back