• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

could an electric Pokemon...

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • I've talked about before powering a house, now I have a similar question,

could an electric Pokemon use it's electricity to boost a cell-phone tower if Pokemon existed,

the story around where I live is Sprint is having issues with their tower we usually pick up and signal has been terrible, some power issue happened during the huge storm a couple of weeks ago...

and that is why I'm bringing up this question, because if an electric Pokemon's electricity could boost a cell-phone's tower, I'd be making posts on Facebook, that I wish I had <insert electric Pokemon name here> to turbo-charge the Sprint tower so I can get some decent signal...

would a Pokemon's electricity succeed in doing so? you could also post what electric Pokemon to do this job for you if this would be successful

I'd use a Zekrom no not this time, Zekrom's electricity would be too powerful, maybe a Zapdos...

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
  • I don't know the technicalities but I don't think electricity is a factor for reception, i think its more to do with satellites?
    Maybe the help of Alakazam, with it's high IQ, would be better. Figuring out a way to build better Satellites with more power.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Yeah.I think an Electric Pokemon could easily boost a cell-phone if it could control the electricity it would provide.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • you can use a Electrode, Luxio (just because I feel that Luxray would be too much), Manetric...etc. I dont think a first stage Electric type Pokemon would be a good idea considering most of the time their power will be too weak. But it doesn't have to be only Electric type Pokemon, it can be others that are capable of learning Electric type moves

:t354:TG

mrcroconaw

That Croconaw
    Years
  • I don't know the technicalities but I don't think electricity is a factor for reception, i think its more to do with satellites?
    Maybe the help of Alakazam, with it's high IQ, would be better. Figuring out a way to build better Satellites with more power.

I concur with this statement, I don't think it's the electricity of the towers; it's more of a matter with how everything is connected. If there were more satellites around; the signals could be transferred between shorter distances, which I think would mean better reception? IMO; of course. If anyone wants to disagree, please counter me.

Dracorus

мαѕтєя σƒ ∂яαgσηѕ
    Years
  • i wouldnt really say its the tower thats your problem.. it could be your phone, i have my cell phone in my living room and moms cell next to it, she gets a better signal than me.. so, if you wanted to boost your CELL PHONE power, use a pichu.. if you want, persay, to boost your reception, step outside use an abra, you shouldnt need a big pokemon to do a small job.. but to stick with the question, to boost a tower, then use a zapdos, it will be a heckofa jolt, but it should get the job done.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • I said the tower itself, why are you bringing up cell-phones itself? I talked to Sprint endlessly about the tower, all of you are saying electric Pokemon wont boost cell-phone reception, I ain't talking about cell-phone reception, I am talking about the tower, did you not hear me! I said the tower is having power issues! that's why I brought up electric Pokemon, my cell-phone is fine everywhere else, my family is having the same signal issues because of the tower power issues! my question was,
    could an electric Pokemon use it's electricity to boost a cell-phone tower if Pokemon existed, why answer if you aren't going to read the whole question?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Well, in Pokémon Ranger, many electric types can be used as a battery charger for your... whatever the heck tool you use. Capture Stylus or whatever.

But I think in practise, electric types would probably be more detrimental. :/ Since plugs and outlets are engineered to provide a very specific amount of volts/amps (I forget exactly how electricity works and which words apply where, haha), you'd probably need to train an electric type very, VERY well for them to output that same amount at a constant rate. Anything else and you'd probably have issues with your battery or short-circuit some wiring. I think it would be too risky for the general populous to bother with when it comes to charging general electronics.

But having an electric type that can jump start a generator during a power outage would probably make sense.

Back