• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could it be?the final season of pokemon?

tough

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

Plus we don't know what a Pokemon Master exaclty is. As we know a Pokemon Champion is someone who has defeated their regional or a Elite Pokemon League. But a Pokemon Master must be a higher status, since it hasn't be clarified or explained I am sure there will not be an end to Pokemon anytime soon.
    True. I don't see Pokemon coming to a end anytime soon.

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • Age 29
    • they/them
    • Maine
    • Seen Sep 2, 2022
    Frankly, I wouldn't mind at all if this was the last season. I'd miss Team Rocket, but not much else. But, knowing Pokémon, they're probably going to continue on forever. Our great-grandchildren will still be watching before they ever end it. -_-

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    I doubt Best Wishes are going to be final region of pokemon.Unova did started out more fresh compared to previous regions adding another new character with no older pokemon being present but that is more writers way of mirroring changes in Black and White games which dropped contests portraying Unova as far and isolated region wanting to stay faithful to whole concept.

As long Nintendo and Game Freak continues releasing new generations of pokemon and games anime obviously wont finish being one of most important tools through which new pokemon are being promoted in order to attract young customers to buy their products.

Also i may be wrong but wasn't there interview with ex pokemon director Masamitsu Hidaka who said how anime will continue to exist for many more years to come?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Our great-grandchildren will still be watching before they ever end it. -_-

I'm with that, I would love to teach my grand child and even children as a matter of fact about Pokemon. I hope it doesn't come to an end any time soon until I am dead in the ground many years from now

:t354:TG

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'm 100 percent sure that this is not the final season of pokemon. I'd be extremely surprised if they ended the anime this season.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Pokemon = Cash Machine. Nintendo + Cash = Happy Company.

Simple as that. If Pokemon continues to rake in money at this rate, we'll never see an end to the series :3

Guest123_x1

Considering Ducklighter's post, "Best Wishes" likely just refers to a branding strategy of some sort.

Also taking GreenGoblin's post into consideration, the name makes a lot of sense since Ash is going to a very far-away region.

Having said all that, the Indigo journey was supposed to be the only season of the anime, with the first movie being the finale. However, because of its popularity, the show continued, let alone this long.

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
    Years
  • Will pokemon end? Definetely not. Will it start over? Maybe. They have been focusing on Ash's journey for so long, maybe "Best Wishes" refers to this being Ash's final season, seeing how the final battle against Team Plasma will most likely see Ash using Zekrom or Reshiram to defeat N, and catching a legend and defeating another would definitley be a good ending for Ash.

Chu

Chu 4ever
    Years
  • I agree with Ducklighter, Best Wishes contains BW, referring to Black and White. Pokemon games have been so popular, and the anime racks in a lot of money so I don't think I see Pokemon ending anytime soon.

There could be a rumour that Ash and/or Team Rocket are leaving and replaced by new characters...

A new cast would be a change, but they probably won't get rid of ash until the voice actor gets to old to play the part.

_Garret

Digital Angels Inc.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Pokemon has seemed a bit weak this time around black and white is good yes, but the new Pokemon seem a bit too wild its lost its classic feel for me. has anyone counted the number of legendary s there are whats the next legendary gonna be like? i think that if nintendo ends Pokemon it'll be up too us too keep it alive.

black and white has got some Pokemon that look half freakmon half fakemon. its only Pokemon like Victini that look original. With the Pokegod Arceus released how many more legendaries can there be?

Last edited:

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • Well i figure that as long as nintendo keeps releasing pokemon video games, then there will always be a cartoon. They should have done something creative and made a cartoon out of Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, now those would have been short, but definitely worth watching.

Years
  • Well not really pokemon sure a big deal on ds games so not really :3 they can come up on ideas for new pokemon in the future might be robots XD

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • Pokemon = Cash Machine. Nintendo + Cash = Happy Company.

Simple as that. If Pokemon continues to rake in money at this rate, we'll never see an end to the series :3

This.

Its simple business practices, you don't do anything that not profitable, and keep doing things that are. And Pokemon is very profitable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I dont want it to end :( and if they make a new pokemon in 2012 there will be a new season ^^

Back