• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Could more DLC be possible?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2020
    I'd rather get a 3rd version, so they get the chance to fix whatever sucked in the originals.
    Unless they successfully make a good game, then I wouldn't mind DLC back

Years
  • Well as announced in the September 29th update, there are "definitive" editions coming out November 6th, physical copies with dlc INCLUDED in the card! I think now that we're nearing the 25th anniversary, I think there will be a remake or something else idk really. That's just my two cents.

Years
  • Hopefully this is the last of sword and shield, highly unimpressed with the dlc way to easy to complete and I felt tundra quite boring was expecting more of a bigger story to go with it, the whole gen has been poor in general, the sooner they move on to gen9 or gen4 remakes the better

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • While I would love atleast one more to finish up
    The dex I don't think we get more dlc. I think we get remakes or gen 9 next year.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i don't think there will be any more paid dlc with a story of its own, but i could see a potential dlc for final additions to what's missing in the national dex. or if not dlc, then giving them special appearances in raid battles. but tbh i wouldn't be surprised if swsh are done at this point.

Years
  • I was wondering if people here thought a theoretical part 3 & part 4 DLC could still be possible next year.
    I do think that it's most certainly possible, and that a part 3 & 4 would add 200 more Pokemon.

But, if not, and we don't get DLC, and either we get Let's Go Johto/Sinnoh remakes will have some of the missing Pokemon that won't be in SW/SH. But, I do feel like it is possible we'll get maybe more new DLC next year if the DLC sells well. I don't think this'll be a one time thing.

I'm pretty sure it's already confirmed that there won't be a Let's Go Jhoto. I think at this point, especially with how much hate the Pokemon Company has been getting, they would be crazy not to do Sinnoh next and it has to be next year. People are growing impatient and if they fill next year with DLC we are what, two years away from the next release? I don't think they can ride Sword and Shield for that long and with how well they sold they will probably want to get the next game out as soon as they can.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure it's already confirmed that there won't be a Let's Go Jhoto. I think at this point, especially with how much hate the Pokemon Company has been getting, they would be crazy not to do Sinnoh next and it has to be next year. People are growing impatient and if they fill next year with DLC we are what, two years away from the next release? I don't think they can ride Sword and Shield for that long and with how well they sold they will probably want to get the next game out as soon as they can.

Well, yeah, except.... nothing with Game Freak is certain. People constantly crying about Sinnoh remakes doesn't mean they'll happen, lmfao.

But, at this point leakers have said something about a "new Pokemon game next year" or whatever, so anything is possible.

Years
  • Well, yeah, except.... nothing with Game Freak is certain. People constantly crying about Sinnoh remakes doesn't mean they'll happen, lmfao.

But, at this point leakers have said something about a "new Pokemon game next year" or whatever, so anything is possible.

Of course it doesn't mean that it will happen even if it does make the most sense for them financially (in my opinion). If fans asking for a game they want is "crying" then I guess were all big babies although, personally, I haven't seen a single tear shed. I never liked Gen 4, never even got through a game and it's the only generation I can say that for but GameFreak knows what the people want, guess we'll just see what they end up doing.

Years
  • I don't think they can ride Sword and Shield for that long and with how well they sold they will probably want to get the next game out as soon as they can.

agree :( I know a lot of people say gamefreak should take their time to make good games rather than rushing new releases, but then when we go too long without a main game a lot of people get impatient and complain etc. even though these scheduled game releases are probably being pushed onto them by tpci, I think they also probably know their fans are used to more frequent releases and would get impatient if they went two years straight without new main games. I definitely don't think they can keep swsh exciting/relevant for any more than they have, personally.

Back