• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Could someone please help?

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    I'm guessing that it is possible to trade between Pokemon Gold and Crystal, right? Problem is, whenever I go to the Cable Club, one game always says I have to save before I can trade and the other says that my friend isn't hooked up. So, I hooked it up to my Red and Yellow and it did the same thing! Then I hooked it up to my Ruby and Sapphire and it worked just fine! Is my link faulty? Also, I heard something about trading G/S/C pokemon with R/B/Y pokemon, only you have to use a Time Capsule. Do I have to use the Time Capsule between my Gold and Crystal too? It really doesn't make any sense. Please help!

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
    well, between crystal and gold, there's some new moves aren't there? also, pokemon with HMs cant be traded.

Idk

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    All I'm trying to do is trade a Totodile from Crystal to Gold. I don't have any HMs or TMs on it. But the moves can't be that different, could they? After all they're from the same Generation

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    This problem happened to me and I never have been able to solve it!!! That is kind of stupid that u cannot trade pokemon with Hm's...

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Make sure the 2 game boys activate at the same time. By pressing or tapping the A button in the trade center on the same times on both gba's to connect through. if that fails then you must have the wrong cable link...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Skaterzpenguin is right...but if it is the wrong cable wouldn't it be able not to fit...

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    I think Skaterzpenguin may be right about having the wrong cable, but in that case, what's the name of the one I need? Whatever it is I might be able to find it on an online store

Back