• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could you help my team?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    Um, I'm still kind of a newb to pokemon, so my friend hooked me up with a team...
    So here is goes:
    Scizor
    Nature:Adamant
    Item: None
    Stats:
    HP 288
    ATK 394
    Def 236
    Sp. Atk 131
    Sp. Def 196
    Speed 223
    Move Set:
    U-Turn
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit
    Iron Head

Blaziken
    Item:None.
    Stats:
    Hp 302
    Atk 372
    def 176
    sp atk 230
    Sp. Def 176
    Speed 259
    Move Set:
    Sky Uppercut
    Stone Edge
    Flare blitz
    Thunderpunch

Gengar
    Nature:Hasty
    Item: Life Orb
    Stats:
    Hp 286
    Sp.Atk 321
    Speed 309
    Move Set:
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Explosion

Blissey
    Nature:Bold
    Item: None.
    Stats:
    Hp : 714
    Sp.Def 306
    Move Set:
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    Sing

Zapdos
    Nature:Modest.
    Stats:
    Sp. Atk 314
    Hp 320
    Move Set:
    Roost
    Hidden Power
    Metal Sound
    Thunderbolt

Skarmory
    Nature: Impish
    Item:None
    Stats:
    Hp 332
    Def 390
    Move Set:
    Stealth Rock
    Roost
    Whirlwind
    Drillpeck

Well, this is my team, all help is welcome.
    Thanks.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Well, I'm going to try not to "mini-mod". (I think the definition of that word has been distorted over the past few years).

Use aragorn's format. The actual stat value really doesn't help people who try to rate your team.
    Pokemon @ Item
    Trait (If required)
    Nature
    EVs
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

Növa

öööööööööööö? ?öööööööööööö ööööö
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Though the members are right, they should learn not to mini-mod. >_>

-MOVED-
    We're only allowed to help to a certain extent?
    Um, I'm still kind of a newb to pokemon, so my friend hooked me up with a team...
    So here is goes:
    Scizor
    Item: Leftovers/Focus Sash/Life Orb
    Stats:
    HP 288
    ATK 394
    Def 236
    Sp. Atk 131
    Sp. Def 196
    Speed 223
    Move Set:
    U-Turn
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit
    Iron Head

Blaziken
    Item: Choice Band MAYBE.
    Stats:
    Hp 302
    Atk 372
    def 176
    sp atk 230
    Sp. Def 176
    Speed 259
    Move Set:
    Sky Uppercut
    Stone Edge
    Flare blitz
    Thunderpunch

Gengar
    Stats:
    Hp 286
    Sp.Atk 321
    Speed 309
    Move Set:
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Explosion

Blissey
    Item: Leftovers
    Stats:
    Sp.Def 306
    Move Set:
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    Sing

Zapdos
    Item: Choice Specs MAYBE
    Stats:
    Sp. Atk 314
    Hp 320
    Move Set:
    Roost
    Hidden Power
    Metal Sound
    Thunderbolt

Skarmory
    Nature: Leftovers
    Stats:
    Hp 332
    Def 390
    Move Set:
    Stealth Rock
    Roost
    Whirlwind
    Drillpeck

Well, this is my team, all help is welcome.
    Thanks.
    You have a lot of walls, you may want to consider a special attacker/special wall. Hypno maybe.

Edit: I certainly hope I'm not mini-modding. =[
    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml
    Should give you an idea on EV training. To sum it up, you're Ko'ing certain Pokemon that give you certain stats. For example, Ko'ing a Pokemon known for a good sum of special defense (Chancey) would result in an unusual raise of Special Defense that level if you KO a significant ammount of Chancey.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Blissey is good enough a special wall. Although I can't tell what those EVs are, I can tell you that your team is incredibly Mixape weak. The only "checks" are Gengar and Zapdos, who, with SR support and a Pursuiter, are destroyed.

The movesets seem fairly decent, surprisingly. Replace Aerial Ace on Scizor for something else, like Brick Break or SD (if you're using CB set, use SD/X-Scissor/Iron Head/Brick Break or Roost.

Last edited:

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    You can't leave a Pokemon itemless. ;-;

You have a lot of walls, you may want to consider a special attacker/special wall. Hypno maybe.
    What are you talking about? The only walls on that team are Blissey and Skarmory. (Blissey's a Special Wall, btw... .-. and Zapdos and Gengar are Special Sweepers...)

Lol, Hypno would be quite a joke in OU with Blissey on the team.

Növa

öööööööööööö? ?öööööööööööö ööööö
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    You can't leave a Pokemon itemless. ;-;

What are you talking about? The only walls on that team are Blissey and Skarmory. (Blissey's a Special Wall, btw... .-. and Zapdos and Gengar are Special Sweepers...)

Lol, Hypno would be quite a joke in OU with Blissey on the team.
    Blissey and Skarmory's main purposes are walls.

Scizor will act as one against an amount of types.

Hypno was an example. I mention "Hypno maybe" just so nobody would say there's no such thing. :P

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Blissey and Skarmory's main purposes are walls.

Scizor will act as one against an amount of types.

Hypno was an example. I mention "Hypno maybe" just so nobody would say there's no such thing. :P

Thanks for re-stating exactly what MobileTsk said =/

Anyway, I tried to make the team look a little easier to read:

Scizor @ ???
    Adamant
    ????
    U-Turn
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit
    Iron Head

Blaziken @ ???
    Adamant
    ????
    Flare Blitz
    Sky Uppercut
    Stone Edge
    Thunderpunch

Gengar @ ???
    Hasty
    ????
    Focus Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Explosion

Blissey @ ???
    Calm
    ????
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    Sing

Zapdos @ ???
    Modest
    ????
    Metal Sound
    Thunderbolt
    HP (???)
    Roost

Skarmory @ ???
    Impish
    ????
    Drill Peck
    Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind
    Roost

Hope it makes it easier =] Use Calm Bliss > Bold Bliss please.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Növa, you're really not helping. >_> First off, back up rates & changes with reason. And Scizor a wall? Needs to consider another special sweeper / wall? Know what you're talking about and don't rate without proper knowledge.

This RMT will remain open to help Redozu out. Please don't give him bad advice, c'mon now. And Redozu, check out the S&M stickies and important threads, those should help, especially the rules. :D Even if he doesn't know how to use them yet... it'd be best to give him the proper EV spreads anyway.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • First of all, we'll need to post the team in a proper format. We don't want to see stats or anything, because that doesn't give us a very good idea of how strong your Pokemon is, or what range it falls into. Showing us stats makes the post uncluttered and unorganized, also uninteresting to read. We would much rather have Effort Values, or EVs, posted. If you don't know what EVs are, I suggest you take a gander at my dandy guide right here, also posted in the Compiled Guides of Strategies & Movesets. Take a look~

Spoiler:

Also, the proper format to post your team would happen to be the following `

Pokemon @ Item
    Ability
    Nature
    EVs
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

Description of moveset

This makes the post more easily understood, because it is the standard way to post a Pokemon's moveset. You can also add images to make the RMT more appealing to read. For example, if I did a Pokemon rate on Kabutops, I could put this:

Could you help my team?

Kabutops @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Attack / 176 Speed
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Jet / Brick Break
    - Swords Dance

This set works great with Rain Dance active, but still can function without it. This set can be much like a rampaging Lucario or Scizor if you put Aqua Jet, which abuses priority along with the Swords Dance boost. The point of this set is to get a Swords Dance in and deal as much damage as possible. Aqua Jet is mostly used without Rain Dance active. This set can deal damage to a LOT of fragile but frail sweepers. With Swords Dance, Kabutop's impressive attack stat, and powerful STAB, this set can really pack a punch!
    ---
    That's a pretty good example of a pokemon in the proper format.

I'm not going to focus on the format in this rate, but it's a very helpful suggestion at the least. Here comes the analysis.

Scizor
    Stats:
    HP 288
    ATK 394
    Def 236
    Sp. Atk 131
    Sp. Def 196
    Speed 223
    Move Set:
    U-Turn
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit
    Iron Head
    A nice choice for the Platinum metagame. Scizor is among the highest OU Pokemon, and gained a whole lot with the addition of Platinum.

Technician is a key to most of Scizor's movesets. As you may know, Scizor has a ton of priority moves like Quick Attack and Bullet Punch. What Technician will do is that it will multiply it's moves with 60 or less power by 1.5. That means, all priority moves now have 60 base power instead of 40. Remember, that Bullet Punch is indeed a STAB move, extending it's base power even further to a whopping 90 base. That's pretty impressive, and it still manages to strike first every time. Now to stretch that power even further, you have Swords Dance in your movepool. That doubles Scizor's already impressive 130 base attack stat. Scizor's a mighty weapon indeed.

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - X-scissor / U-turn
    - Quick Attack / Pursuit / Superpower

Blaziken
    Item:None.
    Stats:
    Hp 302
    Atk 372
    def 176
    sp atk 230
    Sp. Def 176
    Speed 259
    Move Set:
    Sky Uppercut
    Stone Edge
    Flare blitz
    Thunderpunch
    Let's face it. Blaziken is not gonna get a sturdy sweep on another team. It can pack a punch in a switch in, though, and that's what the Choice Band variant is all about. Blaziken got a stronger fighting move in Diamond and Pearl, Superpower. It has 40 more base power than the Sky Uppercut, so it should prove to be quite useful. The moveset looks fine, and always be sure that your Pokemon is holding an item. An item is better than nothing, unless it's something ridiculous like Toxic Orb.

Blaziken @ Choice Band
    Trait: Blaze
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Superpower
    - Flare Blitz
    - Stone Edge
    - Brave Bird / Focus Punch / Thunderpunch

Gengar
    Stats:
    Hp 286
    Sp.Atk 321
    Speed 309
    Move Set:
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Explosion
    The moveset is okay, but only run Explosion with 136 Attack EVs, which is going to cut down the power of your other moves. However, Gengar does manage to OHKO Blissey with Explosion if it has 136 Attack EVs. I'd much rather prefer the standard Gengar, though. Inducing status can be annoying at times. Otherwise, the moveset looks good. Hasty does nothing beneficial for Gengar though, so go with a Timid nature to outrun potent threats that might outrun you with Modest.

...ack, I forgot about Hypnosis's Accuracy drop in Platinum. You can run your moveset with 136 Attack / 156 Sp.Attack / 216 Speed if you'd like. Hypnosis isn't too reliable anymore.

Gengar @ Life Orb / Wide Lens
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Hypnosis
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt

Blissey
    Item: None.
    Stats:
    Sp.Def 306
    Move Set:
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    Sing
    Bold Blissey is highly outdated. Consider a Calm Blissey instead or special sweepers like Gengar will laugh at it. Seeing as your team does not appreciate status, I'd consider going ClericBliss for this guy... girl. Always, always, always give it Leftovers. I find Sing to be unreliable because of it's low accuracy, and therefore would run Toxic or Thunder Wave instead. If you don't want Aromatherapy, Flamethrower covers almost everything that is immune to Toxic, and is probably a good choice for diversity.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 Defense / 252 Sp.Defense / 4 HP
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Aromatherapy / Flamethrower
    - Toxic / Thunder Wave

Zapdos
    Stats:
    Sp. Atk 314
    Hp 320
    Move Set:
    Roost
    Hidden Power
    Metal Sound
    Thunderbolt
    Zapdos makes a sturdy lead these days. I really would rather not put Metal Sound on Zapdos. Even after a use, Zapdos can only 3HKO it, so meh. You could use it, but I rather you not. Zapdos isn't meant to be a true sweeper, but more of a tanking Pokemon, seeing as how it is pretty bulky. Run Bold over Modest for this reason. Not much else to say for this guy. He can pull off a stall decently, so run a more defensive set for Zappy.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
    - Roost
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Substitute / Toxic

Skarmory
    Stats:
    Hp 332
    Def 390
    Move Set:
    Stealth Rock
    Roost
    Whirlwind
    Drillpeck
    Leftovers, always. This is gonna serve as your physical wall for this team. Spikes > Stealth Rock, always. Spikes tends to be more effective, since any non-levitating, non-flying Pokemon is going to take 25% on the switch in every time on three layers. Stealth rock is relatively ineffective because it only does a 12.5% damage neutral. Brave Bird > Drill Peck, because Skarmory wants to inflict as much damage as possible. It can Leftovers / Roost off the excessive damage afterwards, anyways. The moveset is fine, actually. Consider this:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 Attack / 156 Defense / 4 Speed
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes

Reactions: .

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I'm not sure, but I think htere might be a stat calculator somehwere on the web... try finding one and pkugging in the stats to find the EVs.

Back up Kayashi time!

Scizor: Kayashi pretty much covered everything, except that Life Orb> Leftovers is considerable, or running a CHoice Band set. Then again, you have blaziken.

Blaziken: Go with Focus Punch as your 4th move to deal with switches.

Gengar: Explosion set works, or go with all-out ScarfGar:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP

Shadow Ball
    FOcus Blast
    Thunderbolt
    HP Ice.

A very common revenge killer, this guy is very useful.

Blissey: Everything was covered.

Zappy: Everything covered. However, to help with your Mixape weak, you could consider putting in Drill Peck/ HP Flying in there.

SKarm: Fine.

Iwould read the S&M stickies if I were you. It helps a lot. If it takes a long time to get thisteam up and running on wi-fi (which is where I think you're going with this), you can laways try Shoddy Battle to test it out at. Since I have to go sleep now, I'll edit this post with the link tomorrow.

Years
  • Well, how do I tell how many EV's are in one stat?
    It's actually impossible to tell, as the IVs of your pokemon are very unlikely to be the maximum. But basically, for every 4 EVs a pokemon has in that particular stat, it would have 1 extra stat point. EVs max out at 255 for each stat, although 252 is the most that can be used without wasting the extra 4 that are possible. There is also a total maximum of 510, although the last two don't really count, as 508 is the highest multiple of 4. As far as I am aware, this is all available in the "Compiled Guides" thread.

Now, as this is an in-game team, it would be difficult to change anything but the moves. Many of which can only be done through Pokemon Platinum.

Beachy, for what it's worth, Scizor could be used as a semi-wall in RSE, as it had 70/100/80 defenses, and Forretress' typing. But there is no way it could do anything other than possibly tank this generation.

Back