• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could You Survive Without Social Networking Sites?

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    So if you had to go some time without social netowrking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and yes, even PokeCommunity, could you survive?

For ones like Facebook, yes since I don't really use them now.

All I see it as is a bunch of status updates and stupid notifications.

But forums like Pokecommunity would be harder to be without.

I would get lonely (Yes, lonely from not being on a Pokemon forum) and bored.

Also, when I say survive without it, I don't mean your in a dangerous situation, I mean you're ust without internet or all the social networking sites just closed or crashed.

Last edited:

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Of course I could, I've lived most of my life without them. Facebook is the only one I use and I only check it about once or twice a day, sometimes not at all.

I could live without the whole Internet, as painful as it would be.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I can live with out Facebook and Twitter, but I can't live with out PC..
    PC is just so addictive.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Yes because I have real world friends and I know how to use a telephone.

I don't even visit on PC that often. oddly enough it seems I have a tiny bit of a cult following lol

;3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I deleted my Facebook account a couple months back, and that was preceded by four years of not even looking at it. I'm far too asocial to make decent use of social networking sites. XD

Forums like PC are a different story. I can survive without them easily, and I have gone for a couple weeks at a time without logging on, but they do help cut into my boredom. XD

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Facebook is the only social networking site I really ever check, around a couple of times a day, sometimes not even once a day when I'm feeling indolent. I open up a few notifications, and I'm out.

Well, I could survive without PC, assuming I have all the other basic needs needed for survival. However, it would make the process traumatic to an extent, I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i'm currently living without the bigger social sites youve mentioned. forums are a bit different- the people are more tightly knit in a way that makes for a home-like feel, and you're learning about people rather than just keeping up with your friends. i only "hang out" at a couple of forums, but even when i go through those inevitable periods of wanting to stray away it becomes extremely difficult. facebook and the likes, i have no problem staying away from those.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I'd survive without FB. Most of my friends play runescape so thats were we talk. We talk about girls n cars whilst we're slaying lesser demons.

Anyway i only get on facebook to play the games on there and this topic just reminded me that i need to go and see how im doing in world war.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This is a much better topic for Life, The Universe, and Everything. So, don't mind me while I shift this on over to that section of the forums.

Sites like Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter I can go without. Only a few months ago I deleted my account on Myspace, and just got one on Facebook - one that I visit probably a couple times a month, if that much. I don't even have a Twitter, so I can't miss something I don't have.

PokéCommunity is a bit different in that I spend more time here than other networking sites. Can I survive without it? Yes. I would miss coming to it everyday though, to at least talk to the friends I've made here. I'd eventually find something else to occupy my time though. Perhaps hanging out with my friends offline more, getting a job, taking part in community events and that sort of stuff. Not to mention, there's also school.

In short, I'd survive. :]

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well I skipped the entire Myspace craze 'cause I thought it was silly and overrated, but I did get a Facebook pretty soon after that craze started. I must say, I do use it quite a lot... However, despite spending so much time on it, I don't actually find it that productive and often think I'd be better off without it (not gonna make me delete it though :P)

PokeCommunity? I would've said yeah sure I can live without it a few days ago, but just recently I really came back to posting more in other forums rather than chaining myself to Graphics and Photography and I'm learning to appreciate it more. I'm also making new friends and speaking to more people which makes it a lot more enjoyable!

Yes I could survive without both, sometimes I think I'd be better off without them. However, they do bring me lots of things which I appreciate so It'd be hard dropping PokeCommunity for the first little bit, but it would obviously get easier.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I can (and do) live without Myspace, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

I would be fairly upset if I didn't have PC. I don't have pokenerd friends in real life. I need to freak out somewhere once a day. :(

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Without MySpace? Yup. Already do.
    Without Twitter? Yeah, I guess. I'd miss out on contests.
    Without Facebook? ...Uhhhh... >_>
    Without PokeCommunity? NO. Don't. Do. That. To me.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Does PC count as a social networking site?

I always thought that was just myspace/twitter etc.

I've never even been to those sites before, so I definitely have no problem living without them.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I could, because they only entered my life like 5 years ago, but honestly, I do love them. I love Facebook. I love that I can communicate with my family and share little things with them, and friends too.

I don't know what I would do without video games and the internet though.
    XD

InappropriateGoat

The Goldfish Lord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    I could, but it'd take getting used to, and I wouldn't keep in touch with as many friends, as there are many people I only get the chance to talk to on Facebook, MSN etc.
    However, I've survived times fine without them (although, I was like 'Urgh, I'm bored' a lot :'D) so why not?

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Just as others have said, I most certainly could live without them.
    However, doing so and wanting to are very different and while I can find myself too busy to be around social networking sites and forums sometimes, I always seem to make my way back to them. Quite hard staying away.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I could live without them. Would I enjoy it? Probably not, but I'd get used to it.

MySpace is virtually dead thanks to Facebook.. I get on that about once a week - maybe.
    Facebook I do get on and usually leave it open on one of the tabs on my browser. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it, but it's how I stay connected with friends and distant family. I'm a little tied down and can't get out much so I turn to Facebook for socialization.
    PC.. well, tonight is the first time I've been on since July... lots of other IRL things I needed to focus on and haven't been so attached to Pokemon in these last few months... :(

Twitter... well Twitter makes absolutely no sense to me and I don't understand why anyone would use it.

Back