• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    I'm also going for Fennekin :P but I honestly love the design of Delphox.. the design of it makes it look very majestic IMO

Yep, Delphox looks fantastic I just hope some took an Amie picture with it D:

Reading the first post kinda made me smile, I realize that everyone worldwide is starting their journey all over again together since we won't be able to transfer our old Pokemon until December. It's like literally playing R/B again. I feel like Ash now xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Agreed on the no spoilers welcome here notion. This should be a palace where everyone can talk freely without being afraid of running into any spoilers they didn't want to know. If you want to discuss them, then use the thread, X and Y New Photos Leaked. And if you absolutely must, then please use the spoiler tags.

With just one more week left to go, I'm now going dark. I indulged on the mass amount of spoilers leaked this week, but with a week before release day, I'm going to avoid as much as I can. Since I can't actually avoid this forum entirely, I'll only talk about the games only where it's safe. Luckily, most of my time will go into playing SoulSilver anyway as I try to complete it again before next Saturday.

Just one week though!!
    Same here, I'm stopping myself from opening the spoiler tags, and just talking about the estimated number of Pokémon and speculating on the abilities of the ones I already spoiled for myself.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I hope so! Because this is the thing that will determine what Kalos starter i will take ahah

Yeah, I completely forgot that they were giving out a Torchic from the get-go, so now my choices are all jumbled up and I don't know who to pick anymore. :( I'm pretty much a fan of all the Fire types and they're more or less the only ones I really want, but I also don't want to be rolling with just Fire types... aaah, so hard to pick what I want. :(

Has it been confirmed that any Pokemon of the species can mega-evolve if they have a stone? Or does it have to be a special Pokemon of that kind? Because if so... can always just trade some over for myself.

Years
    Lately I've been doubting whom I should pick as my Kanto starter. I have an attachment to Bulbasaur and Squirtle...but I like MegaCharizard Y's ability...

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    As my Kanto starter i'm going to pick Charmender, so i though i was going to pick Froakie as a Kalos starter. But if there is a way to obtain Totodile sooner or later then i'll choose Chespin.. I don't know what to do!

When will it be Available in South Africa

The worldwide release date is on October the 12th, so i guess South Africa will have the game on that same day :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Lately I've been doubting whom I should pick as my Kanto starter. I have an attachment to Bulbasaur and Squirtle...but I like MegaCharizard Y's ability...

It's really a shame that it seems like Charizard's the only one getting two megas. That's a big source of decision for people, they should have done more with the other two if you ask me. I still don't quite understand why they gave two only to Charizard.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I was already torn between Bulbasaur and Squirtle and after watching The Origins I remembered why I loved Charizard. God dammit! Gen 1 had the best set of starters...

Thinking of Charizard at the moment though, only because I'm thinking of rebuying and playing Leaf Green soon and using a Bulbasaur and water types are the least of my worries considering I'm picking Froakie. I'm playing HG at the moment anyway so I'll pick Squirtle there. Then I'll have all of them lol

Years
    As my Kanto starter i'm going to pick Charmender, so i though i was going to pick Froakie as a Kalos starter. But if there is a way to obtain Totodile sooner or later then i'll choose Chespin.. I don't know what to do!

The worldwide release date is on October the 12th, so i guess South Africa will have the game on that same day :)
    I actually wonder about that...I heard Korea won't be getting them on the 12...so this Worldwide release isn't really world wide (not counting the early copies in Italy and Canada)...

@ JP I know...with it having two Megas I can trade over an X megastone and get more out of my Charizard than with Venusaur.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    So far I'm still set on picking Fennekin so I'll be picking Squirtle to even it out and I won't have to worry about picking a Surfer. Since I don't know any of the other Water types in the Kalos Pokedex besides Skrelp and Clauncher so Squirtle's the best choice atm. Plus I love how Mega Blastoise looks so win-win for me. That's in Y though, eventually when I get X (probably not for a while) , I'll probably go with Froakie and use it's final as my surfer and Bulbasaur. though Chespin also looks like it's be great too and really cute. I just really like all three of them and want to try them all eventually.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm choosing Fennekin for sure, but I've still only decided on four Pokémon for my team. I guess I'll just have to discover the new ones in-game and choose there and then!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm choosing Fennekin for sure, but I've still only decided on four Pokémon for my team. I guess I'll just have to discover the new ones in-game and choose there and then!

I'm hoping to do this. I want to stay surprised to the rest of the Pokemon. I've seen a decent amount of the ones that have leaked in the last few days, but I'm certain I haven't seen them all. So if I can manage to hold out until Saturday, it'll be the first time since the first generation games that I haven't seen all the designs before getting the game. Really excited about that!

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
    I think I may have four team members decided as well. The prospect of discovering and choosing the remaining two members is probably what's exciting me most. That, plus training an all-new team made exclusively of unfamiliar Kalos pokémon. ^-^

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
    Years
    Am I the only one who's going to run Froakie and Bulbasaur? I'm really undecided about my Kanto starter though, as there's so many mega-evolutions I want to run! Charizard X, Lucario, Mawile, etc. It's really hard to choose!

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
    I wonder if they will make a Pokemon movie about Ho-oh.
    they should. I don't care if there is other legendarys, just make it about Ho-oh.

Edit: come on people. there has to be more stuff your looking forward too.
    Come on and get posting. :)
    (hope this doesn't sound rude to you. I'm just trying to encourage you to share what your looking forward to for X & Y ;) )

Last edited:
    Years
    I pre-ordered pokemon y, starting off with Fennekin as my starter and will get squirtle as my kanto starter. I'll be getting Pokemon X eventually as my multiple playthrough game so I do not have to worry about losing any promotion pokemon which I'll have on Y.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'm getting X, I have no clue who I'll start with. I would like to catch a honedge though, its a very coo looking Pokemon! Personally, the thing I'm most looking forward to is the discovery of new Pokemon, places and the new 3D graphics!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back