• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

2 hours know. I don't know if I'll go crazy by then. Super hyped right now.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • My local Gamestop just texted me to remind me to pick up my copy of Pokémon Y tomorrow. SO EXCITED!!

Also just wanted to put my FC out there so I can advantage of the game's online features: 1693-1508-3280 PM me if you added me :) I've sent out a couple PMs as well.

Years
  • I received a phone call from my GameStop yesterday as well for a reminder to pick my copy of Y up as well. Ever since the day I pre-ordered my copy, I've kept the receipt handy on my bookshelf in my bedroom.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • 15 min and its 12 october here but i am getting a physical copy. Soon going to bed and when i wake up will head out to the store to get my copy even if they don't send me a text that i can pick it up. But i am going to check if they have released it in e-shop at midnight.
    edit: it's 0:05 now and the software is released in e-shop in my country now. But i am going to buy it in the morning.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    Guys i know that u guys will probably now spend more time on pokemon than on this forum, but can someone come online tell me how good the game is? After All i can't become a pokemon master in this game T-T

Years
  • My gears couldn't be spinning any faster. While my 3DS lies in another state(for proper study assurance), I can rest easy knowing I will catch an entire blind run on youtube by aquablade11 the day it's out...uh, tommorrow. I wouldn't miss this game for nothing--FORGET SPOILERS.
    This had to be the most spoiling gen to exist. I guess I am such a pokemaniac, I don't mind anything Pokemon interloping with my education.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2013
    15 min and its 12 october here but i am getting a physical copy. Soon going to bed and when i wake up will head out to the store to get my copy even if they don't send me a text that i can pick it up. But i am going to check if they have released it in e-shop at midnight.
    edit: it's 0:05 now and the software is released in e-shop in my country now. But i am going to buy it in the morning.

Wait,what? I thought it was released for everybody at 12 EST at the eshop..... wish I was where you were living.

Shortcakes

(ノ✪㉨✪)ノ*:・゚ ✧
    Years
  • I sadly haven't pre-ordered the games. ;m; I was 100% certain I didn't want the games, so I simply ignored their existence. And suddenly I looked at all the new features and new pokemon (most people saw them months ago and it's old new, but to me it's like a brand new leak) and oh gosh, here I am on October 11th, finding myself wanting it very, very badly. I have $50 on me so I'm going to take a trip to Gamestop tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get X, but I'll honestly take anything I can get since the demand is going to be high. I'm really excited about everything, to be honest; there's not just one thing specifically, haha. ;u; I really like the idea of character customization though, and I'm super excited to play through the game and then hunt shinies and nuzlocke.

I graduated from school and don't go to college yet or have a job, so my day will (hopefully) consist of just lazing around on the couch with my 3DS. In the new games I'm really hoping that the "evil team" will have some sort of foundation. Normally in pokemon games, the opposing team simply wants to take over the world in some way. I'm hoping to see a team who has a realistic reason for doing the things they do. What I'm not hoping for? To post my friend code publicly and gain nothing from it. ;__;"

I'm coping with the excitement of waiting by cleaning my room. My room is an absolute disaster right now, so cleaning it keeps me busy, keeps my mind off of the wait, and in the end it'll give me a nice, clean room.

I'm choosing Froakie for sure! My heart was originally set on Chespin, but then its evolutions were leaked and I wasn't too fond of them. The exact same story goes for Fennekin. But I love Froakie and its other two evolutions, and so does my girlfriend, so naturally I'm biased haha! ;u;

I know for sure that my team is going to consist of Greninja, Sylveon, Venusaur, and Ampharos. The other two I'm not certain on yet.

I'm not too keen on this generation, sadly. I do like some of the new pokemon but a lot of them disappointed me, none more than Mega Absol. Mega Absol is what made me decide to abandon all hope for the games and not get them (until today.) I really do love how many new features are in the game though! Basically, to make it short, I enjoy everything I've heard/seen about the new games except for about 85% of the new pokemon.

I'm so, so excited, guys. D: I'm already thinking of a nickname for my Froakie.​

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • It should be out at JB HiFi right now, I'm debating whether or not to get it quickly after work.

Pokemon Y or get a SACE? hardest decision of my life

Amaai

The Sky Pillars
    Years
  • Quite excited! Can't wait for tomorrow. Oh Here is my FC if anyone wants to add me, just PM if you do!
    3797-5797-4916

Years
  • I won't be able to get Pokémon Y at midnight since I reserved it at Target. I'm hoping I'll be able to get it sometime tomorrow, sooner rather than later. I'm so pumped up right now! I'm choosing Fennekin as my starter Pokémon.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • California, koff~

I swear, PST sucks so much. We're almost last in America to get our goods (not sure about Alaska)! They should start dishing this stuff out today. It's still the eleventh and 1613 hours right now. Really slow, koff~

Years
  • I won't be able to get Pokémon Y at midnight since I reserved it at Target. I'm hoping I'll be able to get it sometime tomorrow, sooner rather than later. I'm so pumped up right now! I'm choosing Fennekin as my starter Pokémon.
    To be honest, it never hurts to reserve a physical copy that way you don't have to worry a whole lot about taking space up on your SD card, and so you could take the game with you if you ever decide to change 3DS units :)

Years
  • To be honest, it never hurts to reserve a physical copy that way you don't have to worry a whole lot about taking space up on your SD card, and so you could take the game with you if you ever decide to change 3DS units :)

Yeah this is why I'd rather get a physical copy over digital anyday. The digital copy of X and Y takes up a lot of space so having a physical copy can help alleviate that problem so that you'll have room for other stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Downloading the game as we speak.

I have the need to call out on some ******** though. I remember some of you telling me the reason X/Y has meh visuals and 30fps is because it's a large game right? POSSIBLY the biggest in the whole 3DS library right?

Guess what? The game isn't even bigger than Donkey Kong Country Returns or Kid Icarus Uprising, which had smooth 30fps in BOTH 2D AND 3D. This is inexcusable.

Regardless, I'm excited. Still, this game isn't large in size at all. :/

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I much prefer the Physical copy over the Digital copy, I love having the box to the games too. Not to mention that it's all contained on the one cartridge, rather than storing it to an SD card.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I just went to GameStop in hopes of getting X Version early but I was denied haha. It's 8 PM here so I'm going to try in another hour before I have to leave the city. I'm trying at a smaller chain next time but I'll probably be denied again. Wish me luck :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back