• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    It's the Saturday the 12th here, but the post only comes on Mondays. This has made me hate Australia Post. Now I have to wait until monday. But at least I'm getting the game lol

Aww that's sad, but at least you'll be getting the games around next week!

I'm a bit more unfortunate though since I usually have to wait months to get new Pokemon games, and it looks like I'll be getting my copies around Christmas at this rate but I might be lucky given I got a good amount of money for my 21st birthday.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    An hour and a half left till its the 12th here on the East Coast (US), but just under twelve hours before I have my new 3DS XL and X and Y in my hands!!

Years
    I'm still deciding what to do with my birthday money since I never even got a real gift for my birthday this year (I couldn't even think of anything!) but maybe I might consider getting X and Y sometime so I'll have a game I can use my 3DS XL for.

And I'm glad to see how well everyone who's already got their games are doing so far.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Just 1hour and 18 minutes to go for anybody in Canada/USA looking to download from e-shop. I'm so hyped its unbelievable!

Years
    Around 12 hours for me here...I don't think I should be having this much candy beforehand, though...

But anyways, I'm not entirely sure which starter I'm gonna pick. Fennekin and Chespin looked great, and Froakie's not to bad, but then…

Their evo's came out, and Arceus daayuum do they look weird. I can't really bring myself for full hate/love, so I'm really on the fence with this one.

But then again, maybe it's because I expected a quadruped one. I have a tendency to gravitate towards the quadrupeds (ex: Meganium and Skitty) or the semi-monster/Semi human ones (ex: Lugia- non example: Throh). I guess Fennekin's final evolution could count as one, but still...it looks so odd to me that I think I might just go with Froakie.

EDIT:: Just looked over the official artwork, and Froakie's won out my competition. All I can say to Chespin is REALLY?! and Fennekin's evolutions just...startle me. Take a good, hard look at them and tell me they do not unsettle you in the slightest.

Last edited:

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Wait, they're using timezones instead of actually releasing it all at once? That's dumb... I guess I'll be up two more hours before I get my Froakie.

Time to break out the coffee and advance wars!

Years
    Wait, they're using timezones instead of actually releasing it all at once? That's dumb... I guess I'll be up two more hours before I get my Froakie.

Time to break out the coffee and advance wars!

Yeah they're releasing the games once the timezones hit the 12th.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    Lol they have no way of releasing it all at once. Can't just command the game stores to hold it until a certain time. "Alright guys we don't do this often but were making you work nights tonight to conform with Game Freak's wishes lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    I'm afraid you are. It's odd that this is the first generation were people are really talking about it, but it's certainly happened before. I had both Cristal and Heart Gold before they were due.

To assume that is hasn't happened anywhere in the world, for anybody the games up until this point is a little silly

I got Crystal early too! As a kid it was the best day of my life lol. I still go to that store each generation to see if they've released the games early but I guess that was the only time :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back