• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Couple questions from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    I've been playing Pokemon since girls were still icky ;)
    I've played through sapphire so many times I didn't need flash to get through the cave systems :)
    A few years ago I stopped playing Pokemon, and traded/sold my Sapphire, Red, and Emerald games. A week ago or so, I bought a copy of SoulSilver, and got ahold a Nintendo DS... my masculinity has been questioned by friends because it is pink. haha.

I should also mention I have only had two or three "online" battles with other players, on my sister's copy of Diamond, but hundreds of link battles with friends on the GBA.
    I am now playing my first playthrough on SoulSilver, and I love getting back into Pokemon again.

So my questions are:

1. I know that natures are important and effect stats, but what natures effect which stats? can I get a link to a chart or something of that nature?

2. I've read several people mention a certain type of runthrough. Although I can't remember the term, the word confused me, and I was hoping for some insight.

So... Thanks ahead of time for the help. sorry if I am annoying any of you vets ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2013
    1) Natures aren't really important till you get into competitive battling (Wi-fi). You can find a list however on bulbapeadia by typing in natures in it's search bar (I would give a link but I don't have enough post to post links in my post).

2) There are many different kinds of runs such as nuzlock, mono-type, anime run, anything you can imagine there might be a run for it. You can usually find out what a curtain run entails by going on google typing, "what is [insert type of run here] pokemon run?"

And don't worry about asking because every vet had to be new at some point

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ That should answer it. If you have any questions about natures and online battling, feel free to ask in the Competitive Battling Center. That's where everyone goes for help with battling and learning the ropes there. And all those play throughs mentioned above can be checked out in the Challenge forum, my pride and joy haha. Join one if you'd like! They're fun. If you have any other questions about your games, there are Q&A threads in all the gaming forums (except this one, since this is the general forum and all the Q&A threads are in specific areas). Good luck, and welcome back to Pokemon gaming!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back