• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Cover fossil or Plume fossil

Cover fossil or Plume fossil

• Cover fossil (Tirtuoga)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Plume fossil (Archen)

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    I choose archen because my starter in PW was oshawott.

Besides i found useful archeops for fly between towns and by his speed and strength.

One more reason is: I have more difficult to obtain archen via GTS than tirtouga XD.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I went with the cover fossil on my first time around. Tirtouga seemed like a cooler pokemon to me.

I had an Oshawott but I wasn't intending on using the fossil pokemon on my team anyway.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
    Years
    Even though it probably has the 2nd worst ability in the game behind truant, I always pick the plume fossil because Archen/Archeops can really wreak havoc for those few turns its HP isn't below half. While I do like Carracosta's shell smash strategy, I still prefer the risk that comes with using Archeops.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
    Years
    I chose the Plume Fossil, but I did not train it...

If you chose the Cover Fossil, you would end up with a Tirtouga and later evolving into a Carracosta. Carracosta can spam Shell Smash but it has a big difficulty setting up due to its low speed stat. Also, most special Grass-type attacks, especially Grass Knot, can OHKO it before it can even respond.

If you chose the Plume Fossil, you would end up with an Archen and later evolving into an Archeops. Archeops has a gigantic base Attack and a good Speed Stat, thus it can spam Stone Edge and Acrobatics if it doesn't have a held item. However, you need to take note of its Ability - Defeatist, which hinders it if its below half HP.

Up to you :)

Back