• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen crappy swarms?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    im loving Soul silver atm, and next week im gonna be gettin heart gold so i can complete the pokedex to its fullest without cheating, ive traded all but a few of my legendaries over from platinum/pearl as i only have the one DS atm. (borrowed a neighbours :D )

But the swarm pokemon are really irritating me atm, this last week my swarms have been:
    monday: Ralts
    tuesday: ditto (which i can get with out swarms anyway)
    Wednesday: Ralts....again
    thursday: maril, something different but again id already got it from the safari zone.
    friday: Ditto AGAIN!!!!!
    saturday: just went on to check as its past midnight and guess what.....RALTS :sleeping:

is any1 else getting crap like this? at this rate its gonna take forever. my johto pokedex is stuck at 220 because the rest of the pokemon i need are swarmers/not on SS, and 2 that need to be traded (scizor/porygon2)

/sigh guess ill have to wait till sunday.........

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2013
    Umm... the swarms are excellent! I mean, DUNSPARCE! Seriously? xD

Kidding. I kinda like Ralts when it's fully evolved, though. The game probably wants you to fully evolve the pokemon before you judge their swarms. So far I have Ralts, Dunsparce, Yanma and Qwilfish from swarms, and they can all be evolved to (semi) powerful evolutions except Dunsparce and Qwilfish. I really like Yanmega and Gardevoir, anyway, so I'm happy. See how you feel after you evolve them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    i didnt mind ralts the first time, i cought 4 of em (its sad i know but i like to have one of each evolution in my box, ie: one bulbasaur/one ivysaur/one venusaur and i have em all in national dex order.) and i now have gardevoir and gallade so i really have no need for ralts, Gardevoir has become a part of my team now too, im not saying the pokemon are them selves are crap, but the fact that the same pokemon has come up 3 times in a week when ive got all its evolutions is a little annoying.

Last edited:

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
    Sucks how its just a set of pokemon in the swarm. My pokedex count is at 402, and ive caught all pokemon on swarm :/

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    OMG !!..took me a month to get a luvdisc swarm to steal those heartscales and then another half a month to get a chansey swarm for lucky eggs...seriously ..i'm cursed when it comes to my desired swarm pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    I've had Dunsparce (ugh), Ditto (hmmm), LUVDISK (heart scales!!!), and clamperl so far. Not super lame. But nothing to get excited about yet either...

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    What are swarms and how do you find them
    if you put your radio onto professor oaks show after a couple of lines of text mary will say "this is breaking news! a bunch of "x" have decided to make an appearance on route "x"" those are swarm pokemon.

i was pleased that todays was "quilfish" a dull pokemon but one i needed to fill the dex so im happy again. unless Ralts decides to show up again tomorrow, if it does i think im gonna spend a few hours KO'ing them in the hope that they never come back (\(^_^)

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I always get crap luck with swarms. Litereally for about 2 months straight on my platinum the only swarms I saw were larvitar and beldum. those are great and all, but once you've caught like 10 of each you start wanting something else.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    I want swarms with pokemon who you could get only in that swarm not also in a different route

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    i didnt mind ralts the first time, i cought 4 of em (its sad i know but i like to have one of each evolution in my box, ie: one bulbasaur/one ivysaur/one venusaur and i have em all in national dex order.) and i now have gardevoir and gallade so i really have no need for ralts, Gardevoir has become a part of my team now too, im not saying the pokemon are them selves are crap, but the fact that the same pokemon has come up 3 times in a week when ive got all its evolutions is a little annoying.

Lolz it's not sad that you like to have one of each evolution in your boxes. That's how I did it, I love to collect. I have 1 of every pokemon in my boxes, all 493!!!

But I agree, the swarms should be more mixed. When I was still working on my national dex I gave up waiting for the yanma swarm and just transfered one over from Diamond.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Ikr i keep on getting crappy swarms..... of larpers *shudder*
    crappy swarms?

OMG ITS A GRUMPIG

drivr3joe

Master Of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2020
    i hate it when there is swarms for the common pokemon like magikarp or rattata

Back