• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crash Bandicoot - Saves the Day. Once AGAIN..

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Crash Bandicoot - Spyro The Dragon - Save the day, once AGAIN!

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon Thread

So hows things everyone? This thread is all about the famous wumpa eating mammal. That's right, Crash Bandicoot. This game becam a great success selling quickly. The games have progressed and devleoped quite alot throught the years, the difficulty levels, style of gameplay, bosses/characters, new included moves and actions, items and vechiles ect. But not just the games, but also the merchandise from the stuffed toys and to the Mcdonalds crash bandicoot games and figurines. It has been growing like a visious weed! But now it has slowed down.

So what I really want to ask is what do you love about it?
    What did you hate about it?
    Any improvments?

Perosnally I loved the games in every way possible. They were colourful, exciting, and pretty challenging for me in particular. There was a variety of different levels, bosses, item to use, battle and get through. But what most ingaged me into this fanatstic game was the concept of collecting Crystals and Gems and in later games relics.

Crash bandicoot has come along way for a dim witted creature, although proving myself wrong on many accasions. Dr.Neo Cortex better watch out because Crash bandicoot may be coming back in the future - better than other Crash games anyways.
    This thread can also be used to discuss Spyro the Dragon and you can answer the questions refering Spyro as well.

Last edited:

Ricochet Orange

The one who needed a new forum
    Years
  • I used to like him. Then the PS2 came and Naughty Dog sold him and started Jak and Daxter. The Crash Bandicoot games went downhill.

Even then I still liked Spyro more. But then Spyro was sold too.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I used to like him. Then the PS2 came and Naughty Dog sold him and started Jak and Daxter. The Crash Bandicoot games went downhill.

I really do agree with you there, I noticed that they did go down hill since naughty dig sold it. I also love spyro too. I think the first 3 games of each Sypro and Crash Bandicoot were simply awesome don't you?

Years
  • The first 3 and CTR i belive were better than most nintendo game (still cant beat the original pokemon though) but it went too far when they did crash of the titans, back then anyone could play them, now there just little kids games.

Ricochet Orange

Years
  • I really do agree with you there, I noticed that they did go down hill since naughty dig sold it. I also love spyro too. I think the first 3 games of each Sypro and Crash Bandicoot were simply awesome don't you?
    The first three of both were awesome because the same companies (Naughty Dog and Insomniac) that made the originals made the second and third. Then sold them when the PS2 came out. (Insomniac made the first three Spyro games.)

Though I'm not complaining. Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank are fun. Though Naughty Dog stopped Jak and Daxter in favor for Uncharted but whatever.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I have all three Spyro games (in which all are awesome). And the only two Crash Bandicoot games I have are "Crash Bandicoot: Warped" (technically, Crash Bandicoot 3) and "Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex" for GCN.
    Crash Bandicoot: Warped is really great. Great plot, gameplay, replay value, everything about it.
    Crash Banicoot: The Wrath of Cortex was...okay I suppose. The gameplay is still neat, but the story is slightly disappointing. And I also don't like the fact that every boss battle you confront (except the final boss. That being Cortex) is the same enemy every time, except with a different form and ability.
    And I completely agree with you. Naughty Dog and Insomniac games should not have sold their rights to the games to other companies such as Nintendo and Microsoft. In my words, licensing games to other systems and developers like that is a rather bogus move in the business. True you might make more money, but the games surely won't be loved the same way as before.

Ricochet Orange

Years
  • I have all three Spyro games (in which all are awesome). And the only two Crash Bandicoot games I have are "Crash Bandicoot: Warped" (technically, Crash Bandicoot 3) and "Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex" for GCN.
    Crash Bandicoot: Warped is really great. Great plot, gameplay, replay value, everything about it.
    Crash Banicoot: The Wrath of Cortex was...okay I suppose. The gameplay is still neat, but the story is slightly disappointing. And I also don't like the fact that every boss battle you confront (except the final boss. That being Cortex) is the same enemy every time, except with a different form and ability.
    And I completely agree with you. Naughty Dog and Insomniac games should not have sold their rights to the games to other companies such as Nintendo and Microsoft. In my words, licensing games to other systems and developers like that is a rather bogus move in the business. True you might make more money, but the games surely won't be loved the same way as before.

Insomniac Ratchet and Clank are better than Spyro, IMO. And the same with Naughty Dog, Jak and Daxter > Crash, IMO.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I've heard of both series, but I never actually tried them.
    I suppose it's okay for Naughty Dog to make a new series, likewise Insomniac Games.
    It still bugs me, however, that even though Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games are still making good games, their older series, such as Crash Bandicoot, are slowly going down the drain.

Ricochet Orange

Years
  • I've heard of both series, but I never actually tried them.
    I suppose it's okay for Naughty Dog to make a new series, likewise Insomniac Games.
    It still bugs me, however, that even though Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games are still making good games, their older series, such as Crash Bandicoot, are slowly going down the drain.
    Your missing out. Really. Ratchet and Clank is one of my favourite series ever.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Your missing out. Really. Ratchet and Clank is one of my favourite series ever.
    I also have to admit that Racthet and Clank was great but Crash bandicoot is much much better in my opinion anyways.
    I have to deeply agree with most of you here that the first 3 games were fantastic, and I do believe that they just took it way too far with crash of the titans..

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years

This is pretty much the answer to the thread.

The first PS2 Crash Bandicoot game was terrible. Not to mention it took literally 15 minutes to load a 5 minute section of a level.

Blaze The Hedgehog

The Flaming Wolf!
    Years
  • I remember the second one the most, definitely my favorite. I played that game until the early hours of the morning, and very nearly completed it. There's a bagful of nostalgia for you.

The worst one for me was probably Twinsanity, probably because I found it way too linear compared to it's ND counterparts.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I can only say what has been said before. Crash was awesome, before Naughty Dog sold the IP. Warped was the best.

Back