• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crash Bandicoot tho!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Tawo3S2.jpg

Who remembers playing this series when we were kids (or maybe even adults)? I'm not sure if these games are on the PS Store for PS4 yet, but I'm sure that they will be soon. A really fun series, not my favorite of the time for Playstation but it was still really fun. Ironically, Crash Bandicoot: Tag Team racing was my favorite! So who else is a fan? Do you guys still play these games, which was your favorite?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yes! I still have pretty much of all of the games. This is one of my favourite game franchises as a child but also still to this day. I remember playing Crash Warped non-stop, but out of them all Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Twinsanity are my absolute favourites. I loved the characters, I loved the level designs and especially the music. It's such a shame that they ruined the series with the whole mutant saga. I could have worked, but changing the art style and retuning the games to focus on solely a younger demographic have ruined it for me. WHY change the art style? It was perfect as it was. The characters looks nothing like they used to. I could say the same of Spyro as well. Two fantastic game franchises turned to a playground for children and whiney twelvies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • 100% in Crash 2, 110% in Crash 3, never managed to beat Crash 1 though, it's balls hard to make progress in that game. I am almost surprised they got a sequel. It's one of my favorite game franchises though, at least the 90s version of Crash. Crash Bash was fun but after that I think things went downhill. I would love to some day see Naughty Dog return to the franchise, but they're too busy being mature and ****.

Years
  • Ah yes, Crash Bandicoot aka the first video game I ever played. I was like only four when I first played the original so I often screwed up like a dumbass.

While most people who loved the series would say the classic platformers on PS1 were the the best games in the series, my faves were actually the racing games (Crash Team Racing, Crash Nitro Kart, Crash Tag Team Racing) likely because I enjoyed the frantic nature of the tracks and how much I loved leaving traps for my opponents to run into.

CTR is regarded as a classic racer, even if many claim it's a Mario Kart ripoff (but then again, I have played games that borrowed from its formula). CNK was like an indirect sequel to CTR with the same controls and stuff, but I have to appraise how cool having anti-gravity sections the tracks were (while we know Mario Kart has now adopted such a mechanic, it was Crash that did it first).

CTTR had the fun of mixing multiple genres into one game, such as platforming, minigames and some frantic racing where you could team up with another character's vehicle and shoot with some crazy guns. While it was the first entry by Activision, who ended up ruining the franchise forever, I do at least have to praise them for trying a game with diversity in the gameplay.

As for what I think is the worst game... those two called Crash Of The Titans and Crash: Mind Over Mutant. I played the latter and since I had the PS2 version, I was stuck with a grey Crash for the second player while other versions got Coco instead. Don't ever play these games, stick to the classics. I feel like CTTR was the last decent game in my views.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • THIS IS THE KINDA THREAD I'M INTO. easily my favorite game series and I pull out 2 and 3 (and sometimes attempt Wrath of Cortex but never get very far (need to pull out Twinsanity again)) at least 5 or 6 times a year just to play through em. the 'crash' in my username is inspired by this franchise. I have so much nostalgia attached to it.

Years
  • It's hard to believe that the first Crash Bandicoot game will be celebrating its 20th anniversary, and it's a shame the franchise is still left in the past.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I have heard much of Crash Bandicoot, even though the reason I liked it was because of Crash Team Racing in my PS One. I remember that I enjoyed playing it that back then I used to thought Mario Kart was copying its mechanic (even though it was the complete opposite). No wonder it become one of the best racing games that I ever played. Crash Nitro Kart was pretty good, too.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I really enjoyed the first 3 games, managed to complete 1 and 2 100% but struggled with 3. I still haven't got back to it yet.

Crash Team Racing though... omg, without a doubt one of my favorites. I just keep getting better and better at it. I enjoyed playing as Crash, then Penta Penguin.

Back