• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crash Bandicoot

Korussive Acidsan

Back with a bang.
Years
  • I couldn't find an up-to-date thread about this series, so I'll post here.

What is your favorite game? Who do you want to see come back? Are you a fan of the old, or new?

Personally, I always found the classical 3 games by ND to be better than the first few 2D Mario games. And even though it was short, I enjoyed Twinsanity more than Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, or New Super Mario Bros. Admittably the series has had rough times, but that's only been for Wrath of Cortex really. That's just me though.

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
  • The first three Crash games on the Playstation were awesome. *___* I have extremely fond memories of those games and playing them with friends when I was young. xD Quite awesome.

I haven't actually played any of the newer ones, but I wouldn't mind giving 'em a try. Curiously, to anybody who's played the new ones, how do they stack up compared to the older?

If you are expecting the newer ones to be great... you'll be dissapointed.

The old ones were good, but the new ones are, well, kinda crap in comparison.

That's just my opinion.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I also loved the first 3 crash bandicoot games and i also liked the driving/adventure one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Eh, I enjoyed the first few games, but the fact that they are a carbon copy of Mario just stops me from liking it all that much.

I unno, the games aren't just as fun. They may be a bit more interesting, but that's about it :/

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Crash Team Racing was awesome. <3 I loved most of the games. Most of the newer ones weren't as good, but the one that opens with the tutorial with Cortex in Coco drag was quite good.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • i thought Crash Team Racing was great. fully completed that. out of the 3 Crash Bandicoots, my favourite is the second one because most of the levels on there were amazing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I remember these games <3

My faves were Crash 1-3, and Crash Team racing. The whole series was great, but became terrible when new developers took over. I mean, the latest game *can't think of the name of it right now* is a complete wreck, they changed every character when they were fine as they were, and took away the classic qualities. Just like what happened to Spyro.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • The new games suck, no arguments about it. They completely ruined him in Crash of the Titans, now you not only have to unlock the Spin Attack but you have to rotate the Analouge stick while pressing Square to perform it and you can't do it for too long or Crash gets Dizzy..

The series has gone downhill since Naughty Dog were brought out (atleast I think that's what happened to them?)

And Tiny is just.. Wrong, instead of being a viscious man eating Tiger like he used to be, he's some Camp Tiger in a Army Uniform..

As a matter of fact almost every enemy seems somewhat.. Queer.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • i agree, they have ruined the Crash series. what they need to do is think classic. they need to think "how was those games so popular?" and work from it. i never knew that Naughty Dog was brought out of it neither.

Korussive Acidsan

Back with a bang.
    Years
  • Well, I will admit that all spin offs since Crash Nitro Kart have been bad, but I certainly like Twinsanity and the DS version of Titans. Twinsanity used the monolith and idol textures from Crash 1, but bump-mapped them when they made the 3-D model, and it was extremely faithful in bringing back old characters.

The Titans games are that bad, atleast to me. They have old references left and right:
    Console Titans
    - The big tree from the old games is used
    - You fight Tiny in Koala Kong's volcano
    - Many old sound effects were ripped and used from older titles.
    - The Evolvo-Ray is brought back

DS Titans
    - Every major sound effect is brought back.
    - All major old crates return
    - Gems and Crystals make a welcome comeback
    - Dingodile retains his classical appearence, voice, and personality (such as reading Shakespeare)
    - The title screen is the same as the one from Crash 1.
    - Crash's famous dance is back.
    - The end of each level contains a warp pad, ala Crash 2.

Back