• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crashes when I try to test any game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2016
    Hello guys! I got an issue you might be able to help with, here goes:

When I try to launch a test of my game, I can get into the menu screen, and when I pick "New Game" the game crashes, with following error message:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonField:1728

PokemonField:1723:in `call'

PBEvent:54:in `trigger'

PBEvent:49:in `each'

PBEvent:49:in `trigger'

PokemonMap:618:in `setMapChanging'

PokemonMap:595:in `setup'

PokemonLoad:358:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

PokemonLoad:328:in `open'

PokemonLoad:328:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Malthe Husum\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Is there any solution to this? I tried with Essentials 15.1, 15, 14 and 13, but all with the same result (Though the numbers in PokemonField sometimes changed). I tried reinstalling RPG-Maker, but I figure there's something wrong with the scripts, though this is something that only happens to me?

I'd be grateful if a more experienced user than me could tell me what I'm doing wrong, thank you :)

Years
    According to what your report says: "Message: undefined method` name 'for nil: NilClass", the problem is in the PokemonField script section, at line 1728. The game is unable to find the variable called "name". Have you made some edits?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2016
    I tested games with fresh downloads, with no changes to the scripts. Just download, extract, open and test. I checked the scripts and the lines the message reported, but can't seem to find out what's causing it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2016
    I looked a bit around the scripts, and I think I figured it out, by clearing the game save (There was somehow always a game saved), because the game tried to load assets that didn't exist (Or something along the lines). I can now work with my game it seems... Sorry for the inconvenience!

Back