• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Craziest True Thing You've Ever Heard

Zennerick

The Researcher
Years
  • ????
    That a fish can drown-They said so at the sealife centre!(How can a fish drown??)

Fish get their oxygen directly from the water. They have organs called gills that take oxygen out of the water, just as your lungs take oxygen out of the air.
    But water can run out of oxygen, just as air can. So fish can suffocate in water — In other words, they can drown.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Apparently, in Tennessee, it's illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there's a male either running or walking in front of her while waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians.

I found that on that site in Zenn's post. Hopefully, this is not a true law, as it's too ridiculous to be one.

As for the spider thing, I find that to be alright disturbing. Just think about it, it'll make children cry.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Craziest true thing I've ever heard?
    Easy.

The average human swallows at least one spider in their sleep in their lifetime.

Somewhat crazy. But more disgusting, I suppose.

I heard it was three!

Anyway, that Barack Obama actually won the election! Yippee! Or that the pistol shrimp can cause attack to reach the temperature of the sun for a split second.

TeirusuFX

-ω-
    Years
  • The most craziest true thing that I ever heard?

Everything in my life is true and crazy, so it I can't narrow it down to the craziest, I will say one however

In a snowy area where it's freezing below zero, the warmest area to be is under the snow o_O

Kuronoa

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
  • In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb".

A man shouldn't beat his wife PERIOD! I don't care what time period you live in, beating your wife would SOOOOOOOOO go against a persons vows.

Anyways, the weirdest thing I've ever heard is that people in other countries speak can English. I was 8 at the time though....

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Fish will die if they stop swimming ):

I know it doesn't sound crazy for some, but I thought it was crazy.
    They must have to swim and sleep at the same time D:
    I know nurse sharks sleep upside down on top of each other at the seabed... but how then water passes over their gills like that I wouldn't know.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Alaska law says that you can't look at a moose from an airplane.

In New Jersey, cabbage can't be sold on Sunday.

In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.
    I am a bad boy...
    I looked at the Moose while I was leaving Alaska on an Airplane, and I sold cabbage on Sunday in Jersey, and Bologna on Sunday to.

Hm.. I was watching TV and this girl released a balloon with her address and it said mail me. The person who found the balloon had the same first and last name.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • 80% of the threads posted in OC are the craziest things I've ever heard. Raccoons attacking gonads, people thinking their psychic. This forum attracts the crazy. XD
    HEY! I am not crazy. I am just lucky to be able to see my future at a lucky time.
    Anyway wanna hear something crazy but true?! not everything on the internet is true.
    OMG WHAT?! yep but shh its a SECRET.

Years
  • I found out something crazy and true last night.

Spoiler:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Probably that thing in Florida that happened earlier this week where that woman called the police three times cuase McDonalds was out of Chicken McNuggets!!!lol

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Probably that thing in Florida that happened earlier this week where that woman called the police three times cuase McDonalds was out of Chicken McNuggets!!!lol

Hey yeah; I heard about that on the radio.
    Which reminds me; this lady called 911 once because she wanted a cop's phone number...

Everything about AIDs and STDs. How could something so fun have such horrible consequences?

Oh man, that's a good one!! :laugh:

The craziest true thing I've ever heard, I would say, but I'm not so sure I can say it here without getting in trouble...

Absola

~ Let me fly away
    Years
  • Well, I've heard of a lot of crazy things. This is two of them:

- Did ya know that a 76-year-old Catholic nun has competed in 37 marathons, 300 triathlons and 31 Ironman Triathlons, all after the age of 50! Her journey to that point is quite a story.

- In my country, you're liable to pay compensation to a burglar who e.g. manage to broke a leg or so when inside your house!

~ Absola

Years

Lolwhut? I saw something relating to the police and chicken nuggets, this is probably it.

That lady is FAIL.

We know a gynecologist who's an ex-nun. O_O

I know a monk who used to play heavy metal.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    M1 Garand is reloadable mid-clip.

It seems only now, with CoDWaW, that game developers are acknowledging this fact. The actions to it are quite cool too in animation, they should've done it sooner.

Back