• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Create A Pokémon Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Create A Pokémon Card

DETAILS

Welcome to the GT 2022! In this event your goal is to create a realistic and interesting custom Pokémon card! Below are the listed rules. After [date pending], this thread will be closed, and a new thread known as the "voting phase" will be opened with everyone's entries to be judged! Remember, think outside of the box and have fun!

Have any questions? Ask Fairy!

RULES

◊ All global Pokecommunity rules apply.
    ◊ Users may only submit ONE card design.
    ◊ Use of card creator templates is allowed, for example: this* and this.
    *Please note that the Fairy & Dragon type are no longer represented but still permitted in this contest.
    ◊ Points awarded for being creative, realistic, accurate, viable in hypothetical play, and innovative.
    ◊ Fakemon are permitted, but please add a little description about it and how it fits into the Pokémon universe.
    ◊ No Supporters, Energies, Trainers, etc. Monster cards only.
    ◊ Full Art, Rainbow, Tag-Team, etc designs allowed.
    ◊ All art must be credited appropriately.
    ◊ No previously made custom cards.
    ◊ There are no set or expansion requirements, just your personal preference.

VOTING

◊ Anyone can vote, but participants are required to.
    ◊ No voting for yourself.
    ◊ A maximum of 3 cards can be voted for per person.

◊ 1st Place: 100 Points
    ◊ 2nd Place: 75 Points
    ◊ 3rd Place: 50 Points
    ◊ Participation: 20 Points

DEADLINE: OCT 9th - OCT 18th
    VOTING: OCT19th - OCT 23rd

ENJOY

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Sounds cool, I'll give it a try!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    This was my first time working with "oils" and my first time doing a difficult Pokémon like Necrozma but here it is. Not very happy with the end result but it could have been a lot worse either.

Create A Pokémon Card

Not shown was the recommended generator not liking the aspect ratio I was using :x

Years
    Well, here's my entry. I haven't been involved with the TCG scene in a long time so I hope it's not too out there/the wording isn't too terrible lmao

Spoiler:

Panda280

Panda280
    Years
    For the Power Spore attack, do you mean does 20 damage for each energy card attached to both pokemon? I saw you want to count grass type energy into that attack. If so, you can put the attack 20+.

Years
    I'm not sure I've ever actually played the TCG, though I do have a collection of it =3

I made one with the Sun/Moon template, drew the images for Grumpig and the prevo Spoink myself =D
    The Set image is the silhouette of a Glaceon head.
    Spoiler:

Been wanting to draw Grumpig and Spoink for a while now and this was the perfect excuse =3

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
    Hi I made a tag team card :3

Create A Pokémon Card

I love Pokémon TCG and have a good collection of cards but I'm not super creative when it comes to attacks. I hope this is okay x'D

also let me know if you can actually see it because some people apparently can't

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ah darn, I got beaten to the punch for Tag Team. Anyway, here's what I made. No clue how to do large scale art though. I guess it would be one of those goofy styles of cards, but is a bit unfitting for a Tag Team GX.

Don't really play TCG, but what I was going for with this one was supposed to be a kind of supporting card that can still come in for a very strong GX move that benefits your team in the long run.

Also I made it 2/239 for Unified Minds since they're both unified in the mind of dancing?!? Increased expansion card count from 236 to 239 so account for the fact that if this card existed, it'd have a full art and rainbow version.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    1 entry coming up!

So I decided to actually showcase a TCG based around a Fakemon... that Fakemon being mine and Chura's Spiroak we've entered into the Fakemon competition actually!

So for a little background on Spiroak: this is an evolution of Trevenant based around the idea of sacred trees (Yggdrasill, Oaks in Celtic Folklore) whilst still tying into the ideas of possession and spirits. The result is a tree Pokémon which, like Yggdrasill, has dragons attacking it (think Nidhogg) and essentially becomes exorcised, having the evil spirit in it disappear and replaced with a sacred protector per se, hence the tie-ins to resurrection, life and holiness.

For the card, I've tried to capture this by building a GX card based around the idea of moving 'Life' around, bouncing damage counters around your team to keep vital cards healthy before then nuking something with all the damage counters you've been accumulating. I've also added in an attack that specifically does better against Dragons to once again hone in on that Nidhogg i.e. mythological reference. Had to include it in the Dragon Majesty set as a sort of counterbalance to all the Dragon stuff in it, as I know TCG sets tend to try and include 'counters' to their general theme as it were.

And here's the end result!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back