• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create an Ability

Years
  • Unimpressed: The Pokemon takes no damage from not very effective attacks.

Forcefield: Sets Light Screen when the Pokemon enters the battle.

Bulwark: Sets Reflect when the Pokemon enters the battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Cold-Blooded- Doubles speed in Sun, halves speed in Hail. (Reptile pokemon like Heliolisk, Krookodile, Seviper)

Inversion- Inverse battle rules apply as soon as this pokemon enters the field. Lasts 5 turns. (Malamar, Wobbuffet, Girafarig)

Nakala Pri

If you get a critical hit on a Pokemon, it'll get KO'd, despite the levels and typings. (probably for a pokemon in it's first evolution with really bad stats)

Black Widow
    If the opposing Pokemon is a male, you'll do extra damage.

Sleepyhead
    Makes the Pokemon fall asleep randomly, but regains a little health.

Mockery
    Raises the opponents Attack, but lowers it's Accuracy.

---

AWSM, right?! =D

Years
  • Terrify (Mega Sharpedo): Like intimidate but lowers speed also. On top of this when surfing it acts like a constant repel. This would be great for surfing "too much water" at fast, uninterrupted speeds (only works if sharpedo is holding sharpedoite, I didn't really think this bit through haha).

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Alpha

Effect: Every move, regardless of type, becomes "Not Very Effective" against user, while user's moves are always super effective; all moves can hit regardless of type

Secondary Effect: Base Stats are doubled

Pokémon with this Ability: Primal Arceus (Requires Judgement to be able to Regress)

Terrified yet?

Last edited:

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • Preparation

If the first move a pokemon uses (on the first turn it is in) is a move that requires them to wait a turn (i.e. wish, future sight) or a move that requires them to recharge (i.e. frenzy plant, hyper beam), the pokemon will not be required to wait a turn to use the move or to recharge.

Years
  • Alpha

Effect: Every move, regardless of type, becomes "Not Very Effective" against user, while user's moves are always super effective; all moves can hit regardless of type

Secondary Effect: Base Stats are doubled

Pokémon with this Ability: Primal Arceus (Requires Judgement to be able to Regress)

Terrified yet?

No kidding. I mean, Mega Rayquaza was one thing, but if either of those abilities existed its holder would be banned in a second.

Anyway...

Magic Shield
    Doubles Special Defense, but halves Defense.

Magical Force
    Doubles Special Attack. (i.e. special Pure Power)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Narcissistic - The effects of beneficial status moves are doubled

Geomancy raises Speed, Special Attack and Special Defense four stages
    Swords Dances raises attack four stages
    Cotton Guard raises defense six stages
    Etc

Volcorona with Quiver Dance and this...eeek

Hm...I wonder if there's a "Create-a-Pokemon" thread lying around...I'd have some lovely (terrifying) ideas

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I think the Bulbasaur-line (or any other Grass-types, for that matter) might like this one:

Energy Convert
    Negates damage from a Fire-type move, then boosts Speed and Special Attack by two stages each

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I think the Bulbasaur-line (or any other Grass-types, for that matter) might like this one:

Energy Convert
    Negates damage from a Fire-type move, then boosts Speed and Special Attack by two stages each

Perhaps a boost to Thick Fat

"When attacked by a Super Effective move, has a 25% chance to raise all stats one stage"

...would probably lead to Mega Venusaur and Hariyama getting banned in Tournaments though

Dohohoho....

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Antivemon (Gogoat and rapidash): When this pokemon is hit by a move with a chance to poison, its entire team is cured of status effects.

Bone Armor (Cubone line, vullaby line and duskull): This pokemon takes half damage from move of its type, regardless of whether it resists them already.

Claw Grind (Krabby line, corphish line, scyther line, things with prominent claws): Attack goes up one stage when this pokemon hits another with a not very effective move.

Dragon Soul (Most dragon types, gyarados and scraggy line): Stats all go up a stage when at 1/3 max HP.

EMP (Skarmory, magnemite line, nosepass line, many steel and some electric types): When this pokemon uses a non-contact attack, the target's electric type attacks are switched to normal until it leaves the battle.

Fearless (Keldeo, braviary, slowpoke line, mismagius): Immune to dark type moves, and when they're used on this pokemon the enemy's attack goes down one stage.

Gravitate (Hippowdon, snorlax, other assorted fatties): Lowers the accuracy of any non-contact moves.

Hero (Lucario, tyrogue line, swords of justice, doublade, chestnaught): This pokemon gats a boost to its highest stat when it is switched in to fight a dark or dragon type.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Shock-Absorber (Suspension)

Ground-Type moves do x1 damage regardless of Weaknesses.

Pokemon: Heatmor (cause he is a Automobile) Magnezone (live the dream) Heatran (best keep getting better)

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • Ok. I share with you my idea about Ability. This ability come for my fanmade pokemon REJISHAN.

REVERSER

Effect: Every decreasing stat moves used by foe increase current stat. (For example. Zigzagoon used on Rejishan Growl... Normaly Growl decrease attack. But In case of Rejishan it upgrade Attack stats)

Secondary Effect: Without

Pokémon with this Ability: Rejishan, Primal Rejishan

Also with my "Generation 1" come some ideas for abilities.

CRYSTALISE

Effect: Changing normal type moves into Crystal Type Moves.

Secondary Effect: Without

Pokémon with this Ability: Some my new Crystal type Pokemons, Regice.

TIME DISTORT

Effect: Make anomaly in time line which cause on decrease sharply accuracy of enemy Pokemon and increase Primal Dialgas Evasion.

Secondary Effect: Roar of Time become stronger move and Spatial Rend become uneffective for Primal Dialga.

Pokémon with this Ability: Primal Dialga

And the last Ability related strictly to one of my Fakemon. This time Sencyu.

MYSTERY

Effect: By this Pokemon type set as ???. It was unable to capture it without obtain Enigma Plate.

Secondary Effect: Any moves give normal damages. And any normal type Move known by this pokemon become ??? type moves.

Pokémon with this Ability: Sencyu

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Ability Name: Carefree

Description: This Pokemon ignores entry hazards.

Pokemon with the Ability: Jigglypuff line, Clefairy line, Ditto, Smeargle, Buneary line

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • Name: 10,000 Flames

Effect: When (hit by a Super-effective move or HP drops to 1/3[can't deside which one]), All fire moves of your party are raised by 2.
    Secondary Effect: If the Move against the User of this ability is a physical move, the User gets burned

Pokemon: Exclusive only to Mega Ho-Oh

What do you think?

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • Time to present my ability which is related with one my fanmade move.

TIMER

Effect: When is day? Move called the The Ray become Light type move, when it was night. It become Dark type move.

Secondary Effect: Change forme of fakemon ORENTIA between Day and Night formes.

Pokémon with this Ability: Orentia

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Name: 10,000 Flames

Effect: When (hit by a Super-effective move or HP drops to 1/3[can't deside which one]), All fire moves of your party are raised by 2.
    Secondary Effect: If the Move against the User of this ability is a physical move, the User gets burned

Pokemon: Exclusive only to Mega Ho-Oh

What do you think?

A better option would be an ability that negates Rock-Type moves while doubling the power of Fire-Type moves

A Mixture of Desolate Land and Delta Stream

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Martial Cadence
    This pokemon's normal type attack moves are now Fighting Type and deal 1.3x Damage
    - Ideal for a (mega) pokemon who want their basic Normal Type moves to smash through Dark, Rock, Steel, and Ice types.

Drawback: These pokemon cannot learn other Fighting type moves such as Hi Jump Kick, Super Power, Dynamic Punch, Focus Punch. Its to balance out that other Normal Type moves that are just as powerful now become fighting type now.

Intent:
    This pokemon's has twice the critical hit ratio with Physical Attacks but its critical strikes deal 10% less damage.
    - Add in some scope lens and Swords dance and this pokemon can truly shine with its claws/blades/limbs. Intended for a more offensive oriented Steel Type pokemon. (Yasuo much?)

Footwork
    This pokemon's kicking moves have their damage increased by 1.2x and its speed is increased by 1 level after kicking a pokemon.
    - Intended for a Mega Evolution (Mega Hitmonlee?) or a Pseudo Legendary fighting type
    - Will work with the elemental kicks, mega kick, Hi Jump Kick, double kick, triple kick
    - Double Kick and Triple Kick effect (speed increase will only work after the last kick)

Against Odds
    - The pokemon's Attack and Special Attack are sharply increased when facing a pokemon that is effective against its type.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Tranquil Fury - All stats are raised three stages if the user takes a Super Effective hit that brings health to critical (Can only be activated once per battle, switching doesn't remove stat boosts)

Best paired with Sitrus Berry

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Hmm... I think this one might work on a Grass/Poison Pokémon, such as Venusaur (again):

Toxic Virus
    Poison moves deal 1.5x damage, regardless of the opposing Pokémon's type (though stat changes are still applied)

(Should it have a higher drawback?)

Back