• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating New Abilities

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    I'd like to create a new ability for my game (Well... more like a few) but I have no idea how.
    Did some looking around online for info, I found pretty much nothing.

Could someone please tell me how to do this?

What I'm trying to do at the moment is make three abilities.

One that has 100% chance to burn upon physical contact.

Another that Ups defense every turn and lowers speed every turn. (Kinda like anti speed boost I guess)

And another ability kinda like Mega Launcher that can up the power of certain moves by 50%.

Greatly appreciate your help on the matter. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Your local ScrubLord Noob ~ Nieveso.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    I have very little scripting knowledge too, so I'm still working on the second ability (try modifying Speed Boost) but I got the other two working.

Code:
    if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:ABILITYNAMEHERE) &&
            user.pbCanBurn?(false)
            user.pbBurn(target)
            pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} burned {3}!",target.pbThis,
               PBAbilities.getName(target.ability),user.pbThis(true)))
          end
    Just a simple modification of Flame Body

Code:
    if isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:ABILITYNAMEHERE)
              if @id == 1 or @id == 2 or @id == 3 or @id == 40 or @id == 508 #boosted move IDs
                  basedmg=(basedmg*1.5).floor
              end
           end
    You could also look at Iron Fist and make a flag that way, which ever way you prefer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    Wow, thanks man. But where exactly would I put that code?
    Half of the problem was me not knowing where the actual ability data was stored :P

EDIT: NEVERMIND! :O I found it! Thank god for ctrl shift F. I forgot my buddy ctrl shift F existed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    Whenever I put these in my game it completely skips my pokemons turn! Please help :S

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Did you put them in the right sections? Put the first one under Flame Body and the second one under Iron Fist

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    I tried that and my turn works fine now but the ability doesn't work.
    (Just talking about the first one so far)

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Did you make sure you changed ABILTYNAMEHERE to the internal name of the ability? Make sure that the internal name matches with the ability.txt and pokemon.txt int the PBS folder

Back