• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creative Movesets

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Got permission from wolf.

Smogon said:
    1: Use a readable format to display your movesets or EV spreads.

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it before subjecting everyone else to it.

4: This is for competitive, serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

5: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

6: Do not post outclassed sets, for example Quiver Dance Beautifly which is completely outclassed by other Quiver Dancers such as Mothim.

This is for any tier, just state which tier your set is meant for.

Also no dumb gimmicks (see: Thunder Gyarados) or standard sets. thanks.

Have fun.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    K ill get us started shall i?

Creative Movesets
    Diggersby@Focus Sash
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Def
    Adamant Nature
    Trait: Huge Power
    - Spikes
    - Fire Punch / Endeavor
    - Return / Quick Attack
    - Earthquake

Basically this is designed for Spikes stacking HO teams as a lead. People ***** about not being able to Spikes stack with msable in the OU metagame and ill just call their ******** on that, this 2hko's msable with EQ along with 2hkoing or OHKOing every single relevant Defogger or spinner in the tier. Endeavor can act as a psuedo fear strat with QA if you want.

Also pair it with Bisharp and/or Gengar and you have a nice breaker core which overwhelms similar counters that stops spin and defog with no defensive synergy what so ever. :D

EDIT: U-Turn seems cool too over something, ill need to test that too lol.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Do "bad Pokemon" count?

Druddigon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 132 SpA / 124 Spe
    Lonely / Adamant Nature (if you don't use Flamethrower move the EVs into HP)

- Gunk Shot
    - Superpower / Outrage
    - Sucker Punch
    - Flamethrower / Earthquake

One such Druddigon with enough EVs to outspeed Clefable destroyed the **** out of me a while ago (like didn't 6-0 me but paved the way for a Mega Lop sweep), so I decided to try it on a sand team and it wasn't actually that bad. The main thing is that Druddigon can lure in and **** on Clefable and Azumarill with ease while taking out Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Heatran and Mega Scizor (or if you want, having a strong STAB move and having something against Heatran, Tyranitar and Jirachi) plus revenge killing Latios and Latias.

Not convinced?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-297695962
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-297699195

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Creative Movesets

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    Level: 50
    Happiness: 50
    EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 156 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Electroweb
    - Hydro Pump
    - Protect
    - Will-O-Wisp

A support Rotom that's great for doubles. Electroweb provides reliable Speed control. The defense EVs allow Rotom-W to survive physical attacks to get in a Will-O-Wisp.

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 244 HP / 108 Def Rotom-W: 127-153 (81.4 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 244 HP / 108 Def Rotom-W: 124-147 (79.4 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hydro Pump is for STAB. The EVs in Special Attack give Rotom a chance to defeat Heatran, which Rotom-W otherwise has a hard time dealing with.

156+ SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 158-188 (84 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

156+ SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 198-234 (120 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Creative Movesets

Tyranitar (F) @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - Protect
    - Thunderbolt

A Special-attacking Tyranitar set.
    It's fully invested in HP and Special Attack to give it both the necessary bulk to get Weakness Policy activated and enough power to pick up KOs on many Pokemon that might be threats to the rest of the team.

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Dark Pulse vs. 236 HP / 68 SpD Cresselia: 242-283 (107.5 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 567-671 (343.6 - 406.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 157-187 (86.7 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 283-335 (183.7 - 217.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Thunderbolt vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 113-134 (60.1 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Creative Movesets

Salamence-Mega (F) @ Salamencite
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hyper Voice
    - Protect

Another Special-attacking Pokemon: Salamence.
    Salamence has a great moveset and decent Special Attack which allows it to become a huge threat to the opposing team due to its ability to fire off an Intimidate and be immune to opposing Intimidates, plus the surprise factor of a fully Special Salamence.

252 SpA Aerilate Mega Salamence Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 168-200 (76 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Salamence Hydro Pump vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 114-136 (60.6 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mega Salamence Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 144-170 (87.2 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

That's all I have for now. Hopefully these are okay. :D

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
    Latios @ Latiosite
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Rash Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

The basic premise of this set is to lure in Heatran and KO with EQ if its Balloon has already been broken.
    Dragon Dance lets you outspeed most things that would revengekill Latios.
    I put its megastone on there since his attack gets a major boost.
    For the other moves, I just put Ice beam and Psychic, because I'm bad at teambuilding.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Latios @ Latiosite
    Rash Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

The basic premise of this set is to lure in Heatran and KO with EQ if its Balloon has already been broken.
    For the other moves, I just put Ice beam and Psychic, because I'm bad at teambuilding.

Id use Zen Headbutt over Psychic to benefit from dragon dance and use max attack. Id also use either its dragon STAB over Ice Beam or HP Fire so you arent total Ferro/Skarm/Scizor etc bait.

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
    Years
    Id use Zen Headbutt over Psychic to benefit from dragon dance and use max attack. Id also use either its dragon STAB over Ice Beam or HP Fire so you arent total Ferro/Skarm/Scizor etc bait.
    The reason I'm not using Zen headbutt is because of the shaky accuracy and the fact that I wanted this to be a mixed set, but I can see where you're coming from.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The reason I'm not using Zen headbutt is because of the shaky accuracy and the fact that I wanted this to be a mixed set, but I can see where you're coming from.

I mean i guess i know what you're going for but

1. Zen Heabutts accuracy isnt THAT bad, its not exactly Stone Miss, Focus Miss or Hypnomiss.
    2. Zen Headbutt is more powerful than psychic after a DD which lets you break stuff easier and DDing just to boost non stab EQ (aka you will hit like a wet noodle) seems well, silly.

I mean HP Fire would still make it a mixed set (or even draco or w/e) so you can still nail problematic pokemon such as physical walls or steels. Ice Beam also offers redundant coverage if you have access to STAB Dragon moves. :P

srinator

i would like to present mega houndoom, it isnt exactly used or at all lol
    Houndoom @ Houndoominite
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Solar Beam/Sunny Day

while the set may seem boring, its actually quite fierce.
    for example

The opposing Sableye used Snarl!
    It's not very effective... Houndoom lost 11.3% of its health!
    Houndoom's Special Attack fell!
    [Houndoom's Solar Power!]
    Turn 41
    Houndoom used Fire Blast!
    The opposing Sableye lost 81.2% of its health!
    The opposing Sableye fainted!

both were mega's, this is absolutely ridic lmao, not to mention it ohko's tornadus
    252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T in Sun: 310-366 (95.9 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

for it to work effectively tho, it needs a team that has a good defensive backbone and healing wish support is really good to pop up back due to how fast it wears down in sun. but o boy its worth it.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Eelektross @ Assault Vest
    EVs: 252 HP, mixed attacking stats and -speed
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off/Dragon Tail
    - Volt Switch/U-turn/Super Fang
    - Flamethrower/Wild Charge/Volt Switch

This thing may not be the fastest, but It can super effectively hit any OU pokemon (except Sableye and pure electrics, and not counting hidden power) and the same goes for most UU's and RU's. Knock off, dragon tail, u-turn, volt-switch, and other moves give it a ton of utility even without pure status moves, and Assault Vest coupled with a high investment in HP and no weaknesses means this Eel is tough to take down.

Tentacruel
    Ability: Clear Body
    - Acid Spray/Screech
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin

Tentacruel with acid spray over sludge bomb to force switches and spread poison. Screech can work if you have a pursuit user. Goes well with dark types like Honchcrow/ other UU's.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Eelektross @ Assault Vest
    EVs: 252 HP, mixed attacking stats and -speed
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off/Dragon Tail
    - Volt Switch/U-turn/Super Fang
    - Flamethrower/Wild Charge/Volt Switch

This thing may not be the fastest, but It can super effectively hit any OU pokemon (except Sableye and pure electrics, and not counting hidden power) and the same goes for most UU's and RU's. Knock off, dragon tail, u-turn, volt-switch, and other moves give it a ton of utility even without pure status moves, and Assault Vest coupled with a high investment in HP and no weaknesses means this Eel is tough to take down.

Tentacruel
    Ability: Clear Body
    - Acid Spray/Screech
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin

Tentacruel with acid spray over sludge bomb to force switches and spread poison. Screech can work if you have a pursuit user. Goes well with dark types like Honchcrow/ other UU's.
    Liquid Ooze is the preferred ability on Tentacruel, as draining moves are more commonly seen than random stat drops. Tentacruel also isn't that concerned by Intimidate, either.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Creative Movesets

Whimsicott (F) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Grass Knot
    - Tickle
    - Worry Seed
    - Encore

A Whimsicott I built for VGC '16 that I've had good success with so far.

The Bold Nature and Defense and HP EVs are there to maximize Whimsicott's bulk, while the remaining EVs are thrown into Special Attack to deal a bit more damage with Grass Knot.

Grass Knot is there to deal some decent damage to Kyogre and Groudon and so she's not completely useless when Taunted. Could also be switched out for Moonblast.

Tickle is used to whittle down the opponent's Attack and Defense stats, making it safer for Pokemon to switch into threats like M-Ray, Groudon, Landorus, etc. as well as making it easier to pick up KOs on these Pokemon. It compliments Whimsicott's lackluster defensive stats nicely.

Worry Seed is very useful for taking away Groudon's/Kyogre's Primal Weathers as well as Mega Ray's Delta Stream. It's also used to remove Cloud Nine from Golduck and Altaria.

Encore is typically seen on all Whimsicott sets, and for good reason. It can trap Xerneas into using Geomancy, Cresselia into Calm Mind, etc. while a physical attacker takes care of them, as well as locking the opponent into Protect.

Whimsicott partners well with Primal Groudon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Latios @ Latiosite
    Rash Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

To go with what Dark_Azelf said, the ideal Dragon STAB to go for on DD Mega Latios is Draco Meteor, as it helps Latios bluff the standard special set:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Draco Meteor
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Earthquake
    Nature: Hasty
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Latiosite

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Creative Movesets
    @ Leftovers
    Ability: Hydration
    248 HP / 252 Sp.Def or Def / 8 Speed
    Calm / Bold Nature
    - Toxic / Heal Bell / Knock Off
    - Scald
    - Rest
    - Rain Dance

Support Manaphy. Used this and its absolutely ridiculous tbh lol. Spreading status and then Hydra Resting is really aids js. Most of Manaphys checks absolutely hate getting Toxic'd or burned. Heal Ball is an option as Manaphy makes a fantastic cleric and Knock Off is a good choice, again most of its checks and counters abhor this move.

Can take hits on both sides equally well depending on what you need it to check.

+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Manaphy: 246-291 (61 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 194-230 (48.1 - 57%) -- 42.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see its tanky af.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Since this CLEARLY doesn't constitute a gimmick, I give you:

Ferroflower (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SDef
    IVs: 0 Spd
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Power Whip
    - Bulldoze
    - Explosion

BandThorn has won me more games than you might think, including an incredibly close match in a UCL like format which came down to M-Gyra's Crunch causing both sides to faint due to Iron Barbs, and Self-KO gave me the win.

Stupid stories aside, Bandthorn hits like a truck on things not named Heatran, Skarmory, M-Charizard, and Talonflame. It has very good coverage, with Grass/Steel only failing to hit Steel and Fire neutrally. I use it as my lead, surprising opponents when they decide to try and taunt my "defensive" pokemon. Bulldoze hits unsuspecting Heatran and Explosion makes things that would end badly go boom. Set is for PO ORAS OU, but works just as well elsewhere

Statwise, Ferro is auctually a great CB abuser. While it lacks the Speed that Entei has, it's defenses are still quite good, hitting 311/319/289 with my spread. It's 40 speed stat means anything faster than 240 is hit by Gyro for 150BP. Anything slower should either be whipped (Blissey, Grass weak pokemon) or switched out of (basically everything else). It's base 94 Attack hits 315 at max, which equates to 472 after Band, or higher than a max attack M-Gallade. This may not seem like much, but you must remember that Gallade doesn't spam 150 BP STAB moves like Ferro does. CALCS!

252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 120-142 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock (or the -1 from Superpower)
    252+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 0 HP / 84 Def Ferrothorn: 238-280 (82.3 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (AKA It can't switch in)

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 229-270 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 390-459 (91.9 - 108.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    4 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 88 HP / 84 Def Ferrothorn: 103-123 (33.1 - 39.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 242-288 (61.4 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (AND HE'S A TANK!)

I think you get the point by now, it 2hkoes everything that doesn't resist, and some stuff that does.

You are obliged to say NOW WATCH ME WHIP! in chat if you kill something with Power Whip.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS:
    Steel or Fire types: Yea, about that...
    Burns: This means that every special Water type also checks Ferro, because SCALD HAS A ****ING 100% BURN CHANCE
    Knock-Off: Removes my band, making this set almost useless. My general reaction to this is to Explode the next turn.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    For VGC '16:

Creative Movesets

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 204 HP / 196 SpA / 108 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Trick Room
    - Hyper Voice
    - Protect
    - Skill Swap

Gardevoir has great synergy overall with Groudon, I've found.

Trick Room allows a -Speed Groudon to sweep, as well as set up sunlight over rain, assuming the opposing Kyogre isn't also -Speed.

Hyper Voice is the obvious offensive move of choice, due to its spread, high power, and Fairy typing.

Skill Swap allows Gardevoir to reactivate Groudon's Desolate Land ability if Kyogre or Rayquaza is sent out, then Mega Evolve afterwards and restore its normal ability. This is also useful against Pranksters like Thundurus and Whimsicott, as well as Mega Mawile.

The EVs allow Gardevoir to survive +2 Xerneas's Dazzling Gleam, Kyogre's Origin Pulse under heavy rain, and Groudon's Eruption under harsh sunlight. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Special Attack to provide as much damage output as possible.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
    EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
    Modest Nature

- Sludge Wave
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam

Nidoqueen's a great 'mon which punishes bad teambuilding, being very hard to switch into and hard to OHKO without something stupid like CB Azumarill. Nidoqueen is a hard check to stuff like Clefable, Skarmory, Scizor and Ferrothorn because it doesn't care about crap like Moonblast or even Gyro Ball and can easily OHKO back. Queen can take out Klefki which usually has magnet rise for EP only to die to Fire Blast. With good prediction, it can even take out **** like Lando-T, Chomp and Gliscor which love to switch into Queen only to get bopped. Basically it punishes bad teambuiliding and cookie-cutter teams (it even 2hkoes Rotom-W lol) while holding its own against fairies and steels. Decent 'mon all-around.

BigPaws

Banned
    Years
    Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
    EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
    Modest Nature

- Sludge Wave
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam

Nidoqueen's a great 'mon which punishes bad teambuilding, being very hard to switch into and hard to OHKO without something stupid like CB Azumarill. Nidoqueen is a hard check to stuff like Clefable, Skarmory, Scizor and Ferrothorn because it doesn't care about crap like Moonblast or even Gyro Ball and can easily OHKO back. Queen can take out Klefki which usually has magnet rise for EP only to die to Fire Blast. With good prediction, it can even take out **** like Lando-T, Chomp and Gliscor which love to switch into Queen only to get bopped. Basically it punishes bad teambuiliding and cookie-cutter teams (it even 2hkoes Rotom-W lol) while holding its own against fairies and steels. Decent 'mon all-around.

If all you want to do is hit hard, why not use nidoking?

BigPaws

Banned
    Years
    That amount of bulk increase isn't as important to a super offensive pokemon in my opinion. The increased speed tier of Nidoking allows it to out speed Dragonite, Heatran, Hoopa and helps you avoid the flinch hax of Togekiss by being faster and netting the ko. It's also faster than heracross-mega and is a guaranteed ohko.

Last edited:
    Back