• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creativity or Intelligence?

CHOOSE

• Creativity

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Intelligence

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    One can be creative without intelligence, but being intelligent without creativity is unheard of.
    So with that said, I prefer someone who is intelligent...

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Neither.

Both are equally appealing and useful. I don't see a need to compare the two. I value both traits and plan to expound them.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Both are very important and they work together well. And they are not mutually exclusive either.

In fact to have both high intellect and a great deal of creativity can be a formula for genius. A great example of how both intellect and creativity can lead to genius is of one of the most famous people of the Renaissance, Leonardo Da Vinci.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I am a person that has a special combination of both. I don't know why, but I just am.

I am in the GT program in Texas, which specializes in educating creative people. However, all my teachers say I am very smart and vast in knowledge.

Ironically, I make bad grades, maybe because of laziness.

Years
    At first, I was leaning towards creativity. However, putting more thought into it, I suppose they're both just as important as the other. What's creativity without the intelligence to apply it with the task at hand? Or intelligence without the creativity to develop your own thoughts and ideas? They both go hand in hand, and one without the other really wasn't 'one' to begin with.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Intelligent people are creative people, creative people are intelligent people.

They are both linked and equal and there's no reason to choose between them because the whole package includes both.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Intelligent people are creative people, creative people are intelligent people.

They are both linked and equal and there's no reason to choose between them because the whole package includes both.

Wrong, I know plenty of people who are in the top classes in my school but who are about as creative as... I don't know, something dead?

I agree with what Rockets said here.
    Rockets said:
    What's creativity without the intelligence to apply it with the task at hand?
    But I do believe you can have one and not the other.
    I know for a fact it can be frustrating having an idea, but then not having the intelligence to apply it.

Last edited:

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, seeing as though I'm studying Computer engineering, and make/hack/program/design little games in my spare time, I value both equally. They are both as important to me, for I don't think I can have one with out the other. =3

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    I say intelligence. You can't really be creative without being smart, but you can have intelligence without creativity. intelligence is the independent variable here, while creativity is dependent.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    I don't separate them

You have to be intelligent to be creative, for example. They're the same thing in different forms (unless you're Jimmy Neutron)

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Eh, I tend to think I'm more intelligent than creative. I'm better at maths, and solving puzzles than making crafty things.

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
    Years
    well i think you need the two..if you don't have an inte i think you can't create and if you don't have a creative mind...i think you don't have the guts to do it..but for me i prefer inte..

i'm a bubble. pop me.

What words would satisfy you?
    Years
    I couldn't choose, so I voted neither... I guess that you have to be somehow intelligent to be creative but how high must that intelligence be to produce some creativity? And can the latter exists on it's own? Or, can one be intelligent and not creative? I can't answer these questions, so I can't really decide. But I think it's more likely that one cannot exist without another. Furthermore, maybe intelligence can be mesured quite precisely, but creativity is more relative in my opinion. Sth might be creative for someone, but not for another.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    well you cant have creativity with out intellect and so you cant have intellect with out creativity but i guess intelligence is my choice even though i would put both if i could

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I think it's in the eyes of a beholder, but without giving too much pause I'd say creativity, as stated before me, is an inherent part of intelligence. It's less about blaming or pegging anything to me and simply what is in the eyes of one, or perhaps something infinitely more complex. But rather, I'd say that a higher bar than getting "better" and "more intelligent" or astute, to me, to reach, is being unique. Being "better" and "more intelligent" ever is an omnipresently changing and relative search that kills itself because it's always changing and statures of what's "better" and "intelligent" will always subside, increase, and change throughout our evolution. Being unique and good is good enough and better for me and it garners flair, as well as hefting up interest. And yes, it takes creativity to do that. It takes a copious lot to do that. But whether creativity and intelligence are different is something you can partake a debatable about all day, and it boils down to opinion. I would say I'd differ creativity and intelligence but that the two are necessary for one to the other, or that they're both good for sheer necessity.

Back