• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creatures you barely remember exist

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Basculin tnis, Basculin that... NOW HOW ABOUT FURFROU.

Well, Furfrou has the trait of allowing the trainer to change its appearance at will into different looks by grooming, something pretty unique albeit irrelevant in battles. And it also had a unique Ability (still has, if we don't count Alolan Persian)

Basculin seems like a discount Sharpedo, probably created just because the first Unova Dex only featured new species and they needed to include a fish since fishing is one of the game mechanics. It does have the blue-striped/red-striped trait but that's very meh since we've seen other Pokémon having two or more possible forms and handling the concept in more interesting ways before it.

Years
    I always forget about Mothim. Burmy and Wormadam looks like they belong together, but Mothim is just out of place for them.

I also forgot Indeedee exists, before checking up the Pokédex just now. It feels like Audino knock-off.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    The two "should have been evolution" pokemon amolamola and bouffalant are pretty forgettable. Also, heatmor.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I always forget about the Ultra Beasts as a concept because I'm not super familiar with Gen 7. When I saw Guzzlord in Showdown, I thought it was a fakemon because it looked so out of place. I forgot Phione exists as a Pokemon as all I can picture is Manaphy. Anything Gen 6 onwards I can struggle with as I am less familiar with the games. I can't even think of Pokemon I've forgotten from these generations as most of the Pokemon are drawing blanks in my head. My mind totally blanks when it comes to SWSH pokemon because I have yet to play the games and for the life of me cannot remember any new Pokemon unless they add to the form of an existing Pokemon like Galarian Weezing. :D

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The Spearow line, Gulpin line, Glameow line, Purrloin line, Tympole line, Grubbin line and a bunch of gen 8 mons.

This is more of a case of me never using them which is why they all went under my radar until I looked them up.

Back