• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cresselia is "as interesting as the sock under my bed"

Goldeneyes

Geodude>Skymin
Years
  • Introduction
    As I have recently being playing around with the new choice scarf Infernape (which, by the way is awesome!) I created a new team with a Scarfape as a revnge killer. It worked great from a great hunk of mutated metal who knows how to start ballgames to a floating duck that is so far unimpressive it's a fun team to use. I've been having troubles with Gyarados without completely changing the team but that's where you guys come in, right?

The Crew

@ Leftovers

208 HP / 76 Attack / 224 Defence
    Adamant

Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

As usual Metagross is my lead. With enough defences to survive nearly all non STAB moves and enough attack evs to seriously dent the opponent. This sets up my Stealth Rock in style and also doubles as a Tyranitar counter against the Tyranitars that don't have EQ. This thing is usually saved as it is very good to sponge hits when the opponent's Tyranitar is gone.

@ Leftovers

212 HP / 160 Attack / 136 Defence
    Adamant

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Where would I be without Gyarados? This leviathon takes hits from so many pokemon and 2HKOs back. Many popular pokemon such as Heatran, Infernape (without Thunderpunch), Heracross, Scizor and Lucario all fail to 2HKO Gyara and can 2HKO with a non boosted Waterfall. It also helps against the leads that Meta is at a disadvantage to. It also carries the element of surprise with most Gyara counters failing to win one-on-one because of my extra defences. I have a problem with Vaporeon, though.

@ Choice Scarf

64 Attack / 252 Sp.Atk / 192 Speed
    Naïve

Overheat
    Close Combat
    Hidden Power [Ice]
    Grass Knot

Choice Scarf Infernape looks good and I'm interested to try it out. It's a very fast revenge killer that has great coverage and some powerful moves. This set was actually just a Mixape's set with a Choice Scarf. Overheat and Close Combat are the double STAB moves that will hit with a bang and cause a lot of damage. Hidden Power Ice for the dragons who I dislike rearing their ugly heads and Grass Knot is for the bulky waters who will think twice next time before switching in. This looks good and I'd just like to test it out before any decision is made.

@ Leftovers

252 HP / 220 Sp.Def / 36 Speed
    Calm

Thunderbolt
    Heat Wave
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Roost

Okay, so this is here to support Infernape against the bulky waters who like to show their ugly heads when he is killing something. I desperately need help with this and I would prefer EVs so that this isn't 2HKOed by their Ice Beams and OHKOs back. Hidden Power [Grass] over [Ice] because I already have enough dragon idiot coverage. This is probably the most debatable member of the team.

@ Choice Band

176 HP / 252 Attack / 80 Speed
    Adamant

U-Turn
    Bullet Punch
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Scizor. Platinum. They were made for each other. CB Scizor is already an absolute boogey-man without setup. U-Turn is the ultimate scouting move on this abominable snowman. Bullet Punch with STAB and Technician is awesome on this Tyranitar. All I'm saying is this thing is a MONSTER!

@ Leftovers

252 HP / 220 Defence / 4 Sp.Atk
    Bold

Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Reflect
    Thunderwave

Okay, before you give Cresselia a hard time, I need it to counter Mence, which is a big nuisance to my team. Cress does nothing except die with its lack of recovery, but it is good against preicted Earthquakes and other moves it can withstand coming off the dragons which are a pain in the neck against all teams. Cress is meh, but it does the job.

Okay so this team FAILS. Have fun ripping it to shreds and whatnot. Also, as stated in the intro I need a Gyara counter without completely changing the team and a spread for Zappy which does the previously mentioned things. Lol Cress.Tata.

Last edited:

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
  • I think that a CBttar can come in on your cresselia and pursuit to kill, so watch out for that. Other than that I can't spot any major mistakes.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Just a small nitpick, but use Overheat on Infernape. It helps in a sense that it OHKOs Gengar, whom can really be a jerk to this team (especially since SR hinders Zapdos).

I'll stop by for a bigger rate.

Goldeneyes

Geodude>Skymin
    Years
  • @Leonix: Ttar is not particularly a problem to Cresselia because Cress has ROFLect and if necessary can completely cripple Ttar. With ROFLect up, cress takes 20% when not switching out, if i remember correctly.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Of course CBTTar will come in and ruin cress's fun.

TTar does that, that doesn't mean jack towards his team. He's not particularly weak to a pursuiter.

Just because one of his pokemon is weak to one other ppokemon doesn't change it's weakness etc.

Back