• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

crippled and lost, or finally free

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    For how long can you go without looking at your phone or computer or another screen, you think? :)

Do you usually do this?

Years
  • ... not long, lmao.

i mean, i can take breaks here and there and i do! but i.. uh.. think i'm probably a bit too attached to my electronics. ;_;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I bet that's the response of most. I myself am basically glued to my phone :V But sometimes I go out for a walk without it, and I feel... Free but at the same time oddly empty and sort of exposed? If anything "happened" I wouldn't be able to tell anyone/call anyone immediately. I don't wear a watch so I won't be able to tell what time it is. Etc. I do remember a world in which mobile phones didn't exist, but I was a kid back then, I had tons of other things to play with and think about so it wasn't really the same thing; when I became a teenager, mobile phones started to become a thing even though they didn't have color screen or anything yet.

However, I can definitely spend a day without being at a computer. That's just how some weekend days or general days off turn out. But then I'll have had my phone instead d: definitely addicted to electronics here, or rather, the sense of being "Online". Pretty spooky, when you think about it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like listening to music too much to give up screen time. Even if I'm at work I still have a headphone in all the time and check every so often to skip a song I'm not vibing with. If I decide to go out to a park late at night to just chill and watch the stars I still like to have lo-fi or something on in the background, so even when I'm trying to "appreciate nature" I still use my phone. As far as computers go... I could probably go a few days without hopping on. There's plenty of other things I could do instead of getting online or booting up the ol' PS4 though I do think of most of them as being 'less fun' despite enjoying them nonetheless.

Years
  • I can go hours without looking at my phone or computer. I usually don't though because most of the things I spend my time doing involve a screen these days.

Years
  • If I didn't use it for poetry, staff things here and other similar stuff... I could easily go without looking at a screen. Really easily tbh.

Years
  • I've debating doing a screen detox for a while now. I use them constantly for work, and I find myself going onto autopilot and opening up reddit or my emails on my phone when I've just closed them.
    In the past I've tried to avoid using my phone, and it was hard finding the balance of not ignoring my friends that I couldn't hang out with physically and not just mindlessly scrolling through the rubbish that my serves up to me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Staring at the screen is my job. And when I'm home I can decide on whether I want to stare at the screen until I get to sleep or stare on the ceiling and ask myself what even is the point of my existance. The latter becomes more and more enticing every day.

I can live without it and have done so in the past. But I'm currently not mentally able to do anything else.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    not long, partially because screens are everywhere.
    So I imagine it would be difficult even if you were trying to avoid it. (maybe even impossible now)
    Personal devices are probably much easier.

But yeah, even if there's nothing important on your phone, we all have this weird ingrained habit to just look at the phone in pubic,
    just because we don't know what else to do when other people are around...

really freaked me out when I realized that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah... Standard for every person waiting for a bus now is to have their noses buried in their phones. Also people on the bus. Sometimes I just choose to look at people instead, because they won't notice.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I can usually work without my phone, but if times are slow and nothing to do, yea im on my phone. Its my form of entertainment instead of just sitting there looking into space. other than that and driving (for the most part) im always at a screen

Back