• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Critical Capture

Have you had a critical capture yet?

• Yes

Votes: 76 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 67 46.9%

• Total voters

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
Years
  • It happened to me once when I chucked an Ultra Ball at an Emolga. It's a cool feature, at least now I have something to pray for when blowing Ultra/Dusk Balls on a Legendary :)

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Come to think of it, this is probably going to be my method of catching Zekrom. No battling for me, I'm just gonna stock up on Revives and balls and keep chucking them while making sure there's someone out to distract him.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
    Years
  • Caught my Zekrom yesterday using a Quick Ball but it was a critical capture :P I've had lost of these, in fact in my last play for about 2 hours I got 2-3, maybe i'm just lucky? :D

-PP

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm not completely sure whether i've gotten one. Yesterday I caught a Deerling and i'm pretty sure it only shook once, so maybe.

It seems like a nice feature though.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Ah yes I sort of forgot about this feature. I think it is a really cool tiny addition to pokemon. They have critical hit moves so I think it is great they have critical captures. When I get my games I will keep an eye out if I catch a pokemon like this.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've never even heard of this, which sucks because I've played through the whole game once in Japanese and I'm over halfway through in English. :( So I suppose I've either never gotten one or I didn't notice at all if I did.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I've never had this happen. I've caught... six Pokemon so far, and used about ten balls in total. Kinda a tight spot to expect it to happen in; maybe in the future.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • Had one earlier today, with a normal pokeball.
    It kinda made this weird whooshing noise when it was thrown, kinda like a plane flying overhead, that kind of noise.

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
  • I only had one. I was catching a Litwick (Spooks<3) with a normal pokeball. I think they're a nice addition. Although I looking forward for another critical capture sometime again. ^_^

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    the first time it happened to me i was confused and didnt know what happened but then it happened again and saw this thread and made me understand things better.

Nameless.

I've always wondered about this and how it works.
    It looks like quite the interesting mechanism. I wonder what the chances are of it occurring?
    I've never had a critical capture happen, despite almost beating White in Japanese and getting far in it in English. Hopefully it happens on a legendary sometime or something. 8D
    I like that it makes a different sound too. "Pay attention yo! Something speshul is gonna happen!".

But yeah, critical capture.. just like a Masterball. Mind-boggling. O_o

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I had one! It was a waste of a critical capture, though. I threw an ultra ball at some low level Pokémon while I was looking to fill up the pages of my Pokédex with the Pokémon up to that point in the game. It sucks because I could've used that critical capture for something more important!

Years
  • I don't think this has happened to me, as of yet.
    I haven't noticed anything different and I have caught a few Pokemon. So we shall just have to see.​

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • ...I WONDERED why sometimes the pokeballs I threw only shook once then "bing!" it was caught! o3o; Critical capture, huh?

It actually happened to me twice: once when I caught a Sandile, and when I faced Zekrom, when it had really low health and it was asleep. I used an Ultra Ball for that one though~

Years
  • I've had it twice, can't remember on which pokes though. I'm hoping to be lucky enough to get a critical capture when I go to catch Zekrom...

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I've had exactly one crit capture so far. It was while catching my Chansey Audino.

Back