• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critical Hit! ~ The Fire Emblem *Universe* Club

Years
    As much I would love the Second Seal thing, that be too overpowered imo. Creating a character that is like the best at everything isnt great really.

Well if I have to have a unit out on every mission as in the case of Lords I would rather have them overpowered than a weak liability (as was the case with Micaiah) so each mission doesn't become a case of babysit the really weak unit who you have no choice but to bring into the mission.

At least if they are overpowered and I still want a challenge I can stick them in a corner somewhere and not use them.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Micaiah counts as a lord, she's the main character of Fe10 after all.
    I remember when reclass was added in fe11.... everyone hated it for not making any sense (Myrmidon Wrys just looks ridiculous to name one). Many (including me) still think it's weird and extremely out of place, and it kind of takes away a unit's identity, there's also the fact that it's way too unbalanced, then again people also really hated the avatar in fe12 and that is also seeming to become a normal thing for fire emblem.
    Still don't understand why awakening had the 2 most hated features of fe11 and fe12...
    I think it's because in Shadow Dragon, you were able to reclass your units without a second seal like in Awakening. Plus if I remember correctly, there were no skills available to obtain when reclassing your unit in Shadow Dragon.

Years
    I think it's because in Shadow Dragon, you were able to reclass your units without a second seal like in Awakening. Plus if I remember correctly, there were no skills available to obtain when reclassing your unit in Shadow Dragon.

Yeah, although the fact that in Awakening it resets your level makes it also kinda broken, the fact that skills can be carried over from class to class is also really broken, Awakening also gets criticized for it, although Shadow Dragon more, even though Awakening not only has the same issues it also breaks the game balance.
    I guess most criticize SD for it more because it introduced it into the franchise.
    Although to give Awakening some credit, it did make the class pool more limited to make it make slightly more sense, even though there's still a couple that don't make much sense.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Yeah, if you over-grind and use the reclassing system to get other skills you're gonna be broken as fuck for the main storyline, but in Awakening at least, you kinda need to make full use of that if you wanna beat some of the harder maps (or are gonna play on Lunatic/Lunatic+), like Rogues&Redeemers 3 or Apotheosis or something, since--let's be real--pure strategy alone is not gonna win you those maps; you need your units to be really strong too.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Oh, which reminds me, what do you guys use mostly? Casual or Classic Mode? I prefer Classic myself coz that's how FE is supposed to play, and even if I did Casual, I'd still soft reset when someone dies lmao

Years
    Classic, really without permadeath there is no challenge.
    The resetting for a character death because of permadeath is no different from going to the last checkpoint when you die in super mario bros.
    If there's no challenge at all then what point is there in playing it at all, you might as well watch a Let's Play if you only want the story.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Hey guys, I'd like to sign up because I like Fire Emblem (duh), I've played all the GBA ones, Shadow Dragon and Awakening and can't wait for FE14 =3

Username: striderviper
    Preferred Class: Swordmaster, I like using Guy and Joshua and Lon'qu and other swordmasters I might've forgotten, 'cept Say'ri, she's mediocre.
    Favourite Character: Well, I like Hector from FE7. As in, a lot. As in, he was on my profile picture before I got this one and it was awesome.

As for whether I like casual or classic, I played FE7 first so classic for me. There's nothing wrong with using casual imho, but I like the added challenge since there's actual consequences to screwing up.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I pick classic, because everyone's belittling easy difficulty and want Dark Souls/Battletoads level difficulty, so I must go with the flow too, unless I'm playing Lunatic mode.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Usually I do Classic, but I'm one of those people who restarts the chapter if someone dies. Because fuck losing a valuable unit to bullshit hax or some other shit.

Years
    I stick with Classic, but if a character dies then the only way I'll reset is if I need them for a particular pairing. If I ever play Lunatic, though, I'll probably go with Casual because I can barely make it through Hard, so I can only imagine how painful Lunatic would be.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
    I really hate when someone dies, and I was just about to finish the chapter too :/ I just ragequit, then come back haha

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    What's this? A club for one of my favourite game series?

Username:
    Abba
    What's your preferred class?: Dark Flyer (Galeforce ftw)
    Who is your favourite character? Lucina, Severa, Noire, and Ephraim. You can't make me choose one.

tbh permadeath is the only fun way for me to play. Having it turned off just makes it way too easy, you don't have to put as much thought and effort into your moves. Yeah, I always reset if I lose a unit, because lol fuck that I'm not losing my guys, but it still keeps the difficulty in that I now have to restart the chapter, and this time think of a way to not have someone die.

That is, until the mid- to end-game, of course. By that point literally everyone on my team is unkillable because of how many times I've reclassed and maxed levels.

I'm currently at Chapter24 in FE:A, on Expert/Classic. Gonna try a Lunatic/Classic after I beat it.

Only ever played Sacred Stones and Awakening tho. Still fave :^)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    We finally know the name of the dancer from Fire Emblem If; her name is Aqua, not to be confused with Kingdom Hearts' Aqua mind you.

Salzorrah

Years
    I do, with Olivia. But I usually use her with Donnel coz support :] And you can actually make her fight, so that's a plus.

Back