• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Critical Hits...

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I think they should have critical hits as it gives that extra power bonus one might need

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    I've had more than my fair share of badly timed enemies' critical hits knocking out a pokemon I was trying to raise, or that I'd stat boosted to the point of borderline invincibility. I've also had my fair share of my pokemon taking out the enemy and barely winning me a battle that I shouldn't have won because of a critical hit (thank you razor leaf with Venusaur in gold and silver back in the day). However, even though it works against me more often than with me, I don't think they should just disappear. It's luck. So what?

Lots of things are luck, when you think about it. That's why some moves have lower accuracy. Luck. You can put something to sleep with the 70% accurate hypnosis, but what if hypnosis, sing, grass whistle, sleep powder, dark void, and any I'm forgetting were all 100% accurate, like spore? Then there would be no luck involved, but things would get unbelievably cheap really quickly.

And a critical hit is a secondary effect. Lots of moves have secondary effects that are more insanity-inducing than double damage (triple with sniper). Do you know how much I'd prefer that my opponents' body slams would just do more damage instead of paralyzing one of my sweepers, allowing them to eventually be taken out?

You can't just write off one particular part of the game because it's slightly frustrating.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I then proceeded to get 2 crits in a row on his sleeping Blissey, knocking it out. I did it with my every day, run or the mill Machamp. I love to mess with OCD people using the unknown. Criticals are my friends!

Seriously? He actually kept a sleeping Blissey in on a Machamp?

But more importantly, it took your Machamp two critical hits to kill a Blissey? i'm not sure which is worse.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    I think Critical Hits just give a.. livelier element to the game. If it was too happen ALOT in an important battle, I would just start over with my opponent, no biggie.

Back