• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Criticism] - Seriously now. >:[

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Ok, well I see your view. But think of this scenario:

A guy works on a hack for, say, a month or so. They're proud opf it, and they post it up with screenshots and a beta version for the members of the community. But a tile error comes up. Are you gonna say his hack is bad for 1 simple tile error?

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Ok, well I see your view. But think of this scenario:

A guy works on a hack for, say, a month or so. They're proud opf it, and they post it up with screenshots and a beta version for the members of the community. But a tile error comes up. Are you gonna say his hack is bad for 1 simple tile error?

No... if it's one simple tile error, somebody will point it out to you and politley tell you to fix it... Where are you getting this idea?

Years
    I'm not one who can convince with words, but I tried my best. I didn't even FULLY explain everything, but I agree with this topic. Maybe the Admins should post a questionnaire asking newcomers, why they want to join and if they say "ROM hacking" well they should be given a quiz about the ROM hacking section rules and/or the Community rules. Good idea, huh?
    I 'forth' this idea. =P

It is slightly similar to what they do on the GTS+ Forums. They ask certain questions and if you don't answer correctly, your account won't be validated until you get it right. Only problem is if someone does it once, gets it wrong. They know that that is wrong, and keep on going until they get the right answer. That would be pretty tedious, though. I doubt anyone would bother. If you did for ROM Hacking only, then it would make sense to do it for the other major forums, that may not be exclusive to PC, but are still very popular (i.e. Pixel Art). Just my two pennies on the idea.

On to the subject of the thread. I think I came during the hacking 'storm' in '07. i hardly scripted two maps. Then in '08, I tried again, and got far, but never posted anything in ROM Hacking (this was when my favourite board was still alive, Pokémon Fan Universe - now dead), then, in '09, I finally got my head straight and began hacking. I've improved (a bit), but I'd still class myself as a 'n00b' at hacking. Not at spriting or as a person, but at hacking... for now.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    No... if it's one simple tile error, somebody will point it out to you and politley tell you to fix it... Where are you getting this idea?

I was basing it on the "expectations" he had put up, by whihc one of them states: "no tile errors on maps" (or somehting along those lines)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Vednix said:
    I was basing it on the "expectations" he had put up, by whihc one of them states: "no tile errors on maps" (or somehting along those lines)

Well of course not...Everyone makes mistakes...It Isn't like someone's gonna go "Ooh, This hack has some tile errors. it must be horrible"...If Raikou-san said they had to be flawless...Then he overacted a bit...

Raikou-san said:
    Fine, I overreacted a bit. Sorry if I offended anyone with anything I've posted in this thread.

He Simply means That we have lowered the quality of hacks lately...And we need to raise our "Expectations"...I Agree with everything he says...Because if we look around in the progressing hacks or scrapbox...None of the hacks really stand out from the rest...(Maybe a Few...like PRD-LoG...)

.Pichu

Pichu Lover
    Years
    I am new, and have only just joined but I would like to say I have read through your whole post and will take all these points into consideration when posting.
    Thankyou

mattattack

Huh, Son?
    Years
    I agree with Seth this stuff needs to stop with the "Go easy on me and stuff". Another thing is people, write proper english, I hate it when people go "Oh Hiz, cud ya elp me wit mi hackzz" I honestly hate that another thing is some people's story lines. I swear when I see them in the scrapbox I think their made in like 15 minutes. If you came up with an idea, plan it out in a web or some sort of chart. See what you can and cannot do. Find a rom that fits you hack. Think about the name, what your going to call, based upon your plot. Example, my story's about Darkrai taking over the world call it something like pokemon shadows, not something like pokemon pwn you or something along those lines.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years

Those were just some examples of expectations you could use, I wasn't specifically stating those are what examples everyone should go by.

I am new, and have only just joined but I would like to say I have read through your whole post and will take all these points into consideration when posting.
    Thank you.

I appreciate a new person like you taking your time to read this and comment. You're welcome.

Years
    I'm a rookie hacker, but the majority of the tutorials, I really do not understand them. I have set a goal to at least have one hack, but I am not going around and saying will u help me. Though I found some parts of this offensive, and there are people out there that would get pissed off about this.

Sorry if this does not make that much , since sometimes i have trouble getting things straight.

Back