• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cross-Generational TM Transfer?

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • Hello! I have had this question for a long time and finally got around to asking it. There are some TMs that are exclusive to certain generations, such as TMs from Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon Diamond/HG. Can those old TMs be repeatedly transferred (held by Pokemon) up to Sun and Moon? This would be helpful since the TM would become reusable. If a Pokemon carrying one was traded into a new generation, what would happen? Thanks for your help!

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • There are some TMs that are exclusive to certain generations, such as TMs from Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon Diamond/HG. Can those old TMs be repeatedly transferred (held by Pokemon) up to Sun and Moon? If a Pokemon carrying one was traded into a new generation, what would happen?

I am afraid that item transfers like this simply aren't possible. Both Pokemon Bank and PokeTransporter do not allow held items to transfer. If you try, the item will be placed back into your bag and the Pokemon will transfer over without an item. If you want to take advantage of older TMs, you'll have to put the move on the desired Pokemon and then transfer it over. It should also be noted that TM moves no longer count as egg moves and will not carry over to a child unless it just happens to also be an egg move.

I hope that this was helpful!

Back