• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads; A Johto Story (new OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't mind story-only battles being detailed I think. Meaning gym/event/capture/player vs player battles. We've come so far now that it's ok to just briefly mention that there were some random rattata enounters here and there in the wild.

Levels are a fun carrot for using different pokemon though. It's fun to work towards getting more levels.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    How is this gonna effect other mechanics like move learning and such? Would they just suddenly be possible to use them or something? :x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How is this gonna effect other mechanics like move learning and such? Would they just suddenly be possible to use them or something? :x
    Hmm good question. In Begin Again, I allowed players to teach each of their pokémon one new move per chapter.

Maybe here we could say that at the end of each chapter when I normally would round up all levels, I can list what move each of your pokémon is able to learn instead? I'll likely follow the level-up lists sort of like I've done now. And then you'd accept or decline the new move suggested for each of your pokémon. Normally, each and every one of your pokémon would get a move suggestion at the end of a chapter (unless they pretty much have none, like Beldum).

For each chapter, you could also be allowed to request a TM/HM/Egg/otherwise special move for one of your pokémon. They would learn that instead of my suggested move.

Thoughts?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay so I and Basty are ambivalent and Greiger is fine with whatever.

Alby favors no levels.

Rai / Kirk / Shawn?

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Maybe here we could say that at the end of each chapter when I normally would round up all levels, I can list what move each of your pokémon is able to learn instead? I'll likely follow the level-up lists sort of like I've done now. And then you'd accept or decline the new move suggested for each of your pokémon. Normally, each and every one of your pokémon would get a move suggestion at the end of a chapter (unless they pretty much have none, like Beldum).

For each chapter, you could also be allowed to request a TM/HM/Egg/otherwise special move for one of your pokémon. They would learn that instead of my suggested move.

If we are to do away with levels, I would like this system to replace it just so we can some feel for how "strong" a Pokemon is. Otherwise, my opinion is honestly I don't mind it. Levels are nice for a kind of reward for a battle, but I will admit some of the tedium when it comes to have to basically make up a filler battle just to level up. I mean, I can't imagine writing a lot of fun posts just to level up Vincent's Magikarp. No levels would make a lot easier to a get a Gyarados :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hmm I haven't reworked the system yet so I'd say we'll stay with levels until we enter Ilex forest at least. So when I present Ilex, I'll have converted the system (meaning the OP pretty much) too.

How are your posts coming up? :3

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Well, I am still really waiting on Ilex xD

I want to see the new system before I possibly post, since anything I would write would be filler at this point and I hate filler.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah, I guess I could actually post Ilex already and let people claim events even though some of us have gym battles ahead before we'll actually get there. Expect it in the weekend at the latest, unless I get another wave of AMAGAAAHD ILL NEVER FINISH THIS THESIS AKJSHDJS

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Been busy with work and family stuff over the extended holiday. I'll try to work with Basty sometime tomorrow to get the JP between us rolling. It'll honestly be pretty long to just go it all at once, so it will mostly likely get split into a few parts, I'm thinking.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually I'll probably be able to write a Deen post now and then :3 Jping can be hard. But we'll try! Just so you guys know that I'm not completely off the grid.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *magically rejuvenates*

Roll call please! Who is still here?

I'll have time today to JP, Basty and Alby. Point me to a pad!

I'll also try to put up Ilex for Rai at last ;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, Morgan for event 3! Unless there's another competitor for it.

Deen and Vincent for event 1 so far.

Melody and Christina for event 2.

Do Blaine or Riley want to jump in somewhere or will you do your own thing for this chapter?

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    asdfghjkl;'

You know, I'm here. I don't know how active I'll be heading off to college next month. I'll be here, but I'll probably be stalking somewhere in the background. I'm up for event 2 if that's alright with you and the other players?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Probably is!

Sorry I haven't kept writing in the pad :o Let's schedule that for sunday evening maybe? I'm sort of away this weekend.

Back