• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cruel nicknames you give to your rivals.

SolWolf

This user is over 9000!
Years
  • (In the event there's a thread about this, whoopsie? XD)

Oh come on, I know we all did this at least once. Be it Pokemon Yellow, LeafGreen, Ruby, etc. They all come with rivals, and you usually get a chance to name them.

Our of curiosity, did you guys ever name your rivals something silly just for the Hell of it?

For example, I'll occasionally name my rival Douchebag, just so I don't feel as surprised when he comes around the corner to challenge me to a battle when my entire party is at critical health.

Thoughts? Replies? Etc?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Not always rude names, but I like giving stupid names. Heeere are some...

Red: ONIONS
    Silver: ASS
    Gold: Octopus
    Crystal: Squid
    FR: Im Gay
    Diamond: Syrup
    HG: Coach!
    SS: ???

That's all I can remember for now.

Years
  • I usually name them real names, but when I start over a game I tend to use words like "dumbass" or "Stupidguy"

Lmao im unoriginal xD

Years
  • SolWolf said:
    For example, I'll occasionally name my rival Douchebag
    Toshiro. said:
    I tend to use words like "dumbass" or "Stupidguy"
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought your rival could only have 7 letters in their names as well.

I never gave any stupid names to my rival, except the one time in Gold where I actually said my rival's name was ???. However, I know my sister gave her rival an "interesting" name when I let her play one of my old games (let's just say it was a name that rhymes with "trucker")...

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Well I've never nicknamed my rivals anything silly to be honest lol
    But my friend nicknamed his one ''assfade'' (assface) but it was a typo lol...

SolWolf

This user is over 9000!
    Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought your rival could only have 7 letters in their names as well.

Alright, you caught me there. I'd LOVE to name them Douchebag, but sadly I only shorten it to Douche.

Douchebag just sounds funnier.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I feel bad, the only one I honestly remember was on Crystal. I was playing through when someone on PC, well, we had a disagreement... so I named my rival after them. XD; Don't play that Crystal file so we're all good though!

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i usually just name my rival after swear words. obviously, since they're "swear words", i won't list them down.
    i do remember one time, in crystal, i named my red-haired rival after a girl, even though he was a boy. seriously, how cruel am i.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Oh yes, I never knew they'd by my rival so I just randomly typed in anything. :'D Like, in Heartgold, I named Silver 'cream' because I was eating ice cream and in Platinum, I named Jun 'Blonde' :D

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I give my rivals really uncreative names while making my name creative. I named my Crystal rival ??? because I couldn't be bothered giving him a name. I named my Red rival Joe after a joke between me and my friend.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Usually I name my rivals their respective names, but I think I named Gary one time "Bieber" I just don't know why.

hero11

Victini Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Meh, I never have named them something like that. I always came up with names for them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Usually I name my rivals after my enemies, but at times during a speed run or a restart, I name my rival DUMMY. I do have some really, really cruel names, but I'd rather not name them, because that'll offend some people, :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Aside random insulting names and swear words? Well, in a case of identity confusion, in Blue I named the rival "ASH" because I had already grown to dislike him in the anime. And more recently, in Leaf Green, I name him "Red" even though that character is technically Blue/Gary. I should point out that "Red" is indeed a default name for the rival if you choose Leaf Green.

Lately though, I've just been giving my rivals generic boy names. Nothing exciting there :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    My rivals have been Sponge, Bucket, Douche, Cake, Biscuit, Fondler and Lolgary.

Back