• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crushing it?

User19sq

How do you deal with having a crush on someone?

I don't do anything. I've had a crush on someone here (well, on this Discord server, not sure if she's here), but I didn't act on it. Died pretty quickly.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Apparently walk out of the office and take care of them before waling back into the office lmao. But I'd never act on it bc i don't actually want a relationship. He's just nice and have really pretty blue eyes. And a really cuye dog.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't have crushes anymore. The only crushes I have are on Harry Hook and Loki... but that's a whole different thing. I know when I was younger, I did have a harder time dealing with it... especially since it was hard for me to tell the difference between a love crush and a friendly crush at times. I have a boyfriend, so the only crushes I have are celebrities/characters. XD

pkmin3033

Well, when I was younger, I just ignored it. I didn't stand a chance with the person in question, it was just me wanting what I couldn't have, and not even being aware of what I truly wanted anyway. It was a meaningless hormone thing, so I shrugged it off.

These days, it'd be impossible for me to develop a crush on someone. I don't really care about physical appearance, and nobody would get close enough to me to the point that I would even consider romantic attraction to them, because...reasons.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Mostly ignore it or try to not show I'm nervous around that person. I've never in my life acted upon a crush because why should I?

I did notice that when a crush is rather strong I end up acting cold and tsundere towards that person, to avoid showing anything that could cause me to get unmasked. I feel a bit bad about the people I've done that to, but I prefer that over making them uncomfortable by knowing I have a crush on them.

Years
  • I end up talking to someone and spending time with them and a 'crush' develops from there which makes it easier to approach them and go on dates etc. I haven't really had a crush on anyone from afar in a long time.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i...usually ignore it, especially if it's someone i cant actively pursue. however i am talking to someone right now and have been for about 3 months almost, but i'd say it's more of a crush. i wouldn't say it's love just yet, especially since me and them are not in an established relationship, but i do think it's more than a crush.

i do have tiny small crushes on multiple people though often, but usually they end up fading away. like..i'll get...huge feelings for someone or multiple people that i can't pursue and then they end up fading away over time. oh well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i know it's terrible but i ignore it. i've always on and off liked one of my friends and when i was younger i tried so hard and he just never felt the same way back. so i think that has a lot to do with why i've never pursued anyone else plus a lot of the people i've developed crushes on were people i felt were not a good idea to pursue on top of that

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Spend time with them and find out what their interests and likes are, try to do things we have in common. Try to learn about who they are as a person and generally I'll either learn something about them that puts me off or like them more and act on it eventually.

AAAAAAAAND most recently, get drunk a city away, fall asleep on a bus, get totally lost, and in a moment of fear, panic, and confusion message them and tell them how I feel -.-

But don't do that. I doubt it would work out as well for anyone else.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm okay at hiding it for a while if I have crush on someone, but eventually I do start dropping hints, and I will flat out tell someone I have feelings for them if I think I at all have a chance.

Except celebrity or fictional crushes where I just lay in my feelings. lol

Years
  • Aside from childhood "crushes", my most recent crush on someone worked out pretty well. I told her that I liked her and we ended up dating for a couple of months. It pretty much need when we left for university this past year but we still talk and are really good friends. I guess the whole point is just to come out and say whats on your mind. What's the worst thing that's going to happen, she says no and you move on? To me finding out either way would be much better that not knowing at all.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    do nothing but last time it actually worked out ? they came to me first Shitty relationship tho

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I just keep it to myself. It doesn't happen that often anyway, as my interests lie elsewhere.

Though if we're talking fictional characters, I just write fanfics about them haha.

Years
  • Same as most of you. I internalize it, twiddle my thumbs and hope the person I'm interested in asks me out which mind you never happens... ever.

Years
  • Outside of the previous relationships I've had, rarely are there instances where I have a crush.

Though I do currently have one; unfortunately on a coworker.

If he wasn't a coworker, I would totally put everything on the table, but having to suppress these feelings in the workplace makes it incredibly frustrating.

Back