• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crying

Sirfetch’d

When was the last time you cried? What was it about? How often do you cry in general? Does it make you feel better?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I was a kid, I used to do this a lot; would do it for almost ever little thing that you could possibly think of. If I didn't get something I wanted (such as a pack of candy), I'd cry. If mom didn't make something I asked her to, I'd cry. If I wound up getting some failing grade on a test, I'd instantly start tearing up. Though, I eventually began to change while growing, and now, I rarely do this sort of stuff anymore. Crying does help bring my mood back up in some cases, I'll admit, but in actuality, I'm not doing anything productive at all; it does not do anything to improve who I am. Back then, though, I wasn't very understandable of such things, and controlling this sort of stuff were simply out of my hand, unfortunately; every time I'd run out of luck and something unlikable would happen, water would start falling from my eyes automatically. I'm very thankful that it's finally changed, though. Nowadays, only time you'd see me crying is when my mood's in an extreme level of depression or sadness. Last time this had happened was about two to three months ago, if I remember correctly. Don't really feel like going into detail about it; it's personal, and I'm keeping it that way, haha.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    It was a few weeks ago for something I can't remember. I cry a couple times a month at most, though I've gone months without crying at all. When I cry my face locks up to where you couldn't tell I was crying without seeing the tears from my widened eyes, and to be honest it does relieve tensed up emotion. I'm not afraid to cry at all :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I cried in May because we had to put our dog down and I couldn't remember not having her so it was really odd and sad not having her in the house. I don't really cry THAT often. I think the last time I did before that was in November because I had a million things to do which included several huge/essays and projects and not enough time to work on them.

Yukari

I almost never cry, almost. I do, but at most it's only a few times a year, and by a few, I mean I can count it on one hand. I don't even cry at funerals as weird as that may sound. Whenever I was little though I did cry a lot.

Years
    It's been ages since I last cried, so I really can't remember D:

I remember crying at my uncle's funeral back in 2007, though.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Can't really remember the last time I cried. I hate crying, it never manages to make me feel better. Just makes me feel more useless and weak. Though I'm not actually saying people who cry are useless and weak.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Last time I cried was a year ago I think, when my dad raged for some reason and took my computer, throwing it in the dump, while I was at school. I don't even know why that was worth crying about. But I really dislike crying; it's not that I feel ashamed or bad when I do it, but it makes it feel like whoever caused me to cry, 'won', in a manner of speaking. I try not to let anything or anyone get to me, so if I cried it would just prove that I failed. Ranting about it honestly feels much better than crying over it. xD

And I just find it difficult to cry in general. I've watched some of those movies and animes that have made grown men curl up and cry and I didn't even shed a single tear. Though my feels were permanently damaged. :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I was high and drunk a few weeks ago and cried because of some things that came up.

Before that, I can't remember the last time I cried. I'm sure I cried somewhere between that and the last time I actually remember, which was when my mom died in 2008. There's no way I went 6 years without crying.

I wish I could cry more, but it's so friggen hard for me to cry. I think its because of my life experiences and a lot of pain I dealt with in the past, because problems and things that go on in my life are nothing to me. Even after they build up.

But I think crying relieves a lot of tension, and that's something I could use a lot less of.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The last time I cried was because of the unexpected death of Rik Mayall. The guy was a true legend, and I grew up watching most of the stuff he was in.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Two days ago when the company ceo said that a co-worker passed away (was in the hospital for a week because of sudden cardiac arrest). The ceo bought everyone breakfast and turned off the work phones that morning, too.

I get teary eyed watching the news or hearing/seeing depressing things or hearing hateful comments directed towards me. I cry probably a dozen times a month. I'd rather have the tears stream down my face than bottle up more than I have already.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I cried a little this morning before work which is a long story. I usually cry before bed or sometimes in the morning like today. I just feel overly stressed all the time I guess. I feel better most of the time but sometimes I just get a throbbing headache afterwards. but yeah I only cry alone because I hate crying in front of others. The few times I have cried in front of others they either made me feel that ♥♥♥♥♥♥ or I was so stressed I couldn't hold it.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    When I found out my dad was dying.

Tomorrow will probably be the next time. Yay Father's Day..

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I cried when I had to give away my dogs, but I haven't cried since then.

Now, I can't let myself cry. I'm not like that anymore. I have learnt to handle things in a different manner. I have built a strong mentality over the years, I guess.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    The last time I cried, emotionally, was on March 12th of this year, when my grandma passed away from a heart attack - the main thing that brings me happiness and closure was knowing that she didn't die alone, I was by her side the entire time (she died a few seconds before the paramedics arrived). At least I have all the great memories and everything she taught me.

The other time I also cried was what would have been my grandma's 63rd birthday on May 20. I was going to take her to the zoo.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I cry a lot, maybe too much? I think the last time I cried was sometime last week because I'm too emotional and someone made an offhand comment that struck a nerve with me.

I don't really cry in front of other people though, the last time that happened was in April, I was drunk, so it's okay.

When I was younger I'd cry over basically everything, like, you could look at me funny and I'd start crying. And my cries aren't quiet, like, I'd be full on sobbing over literally nothing.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I think it was a couple of months ago when I confessed my love to my ex after I ended it short because she was talking to some guy and I didn't want to deal with that or feel things. I confessed to her while I was under the influence of alcohol ( a lot) and I didn't mean to cry about it it just came as I tried to talk about all the things I had felt since then and all the wrong things I've done. I didn't and don't feel any better about any of it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    The last time I have cried was today - when my uncle told me that our dog passed away - just hoping that she lived a long happy live. That dog was given to my grandma as pup almost 10 14 years ago - my grandma passed away on March 12th and our dog today (I just hope that both of them are now happy together).
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back