• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Crystal features - why be hatin', or why like it?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I'd like to have anything that will make the game longer, cause G/S were short as hell for me. And for Kris not being in-game, I don't really mind, firstly because I never play the female girl, secondly because it'd be nice to see new characters, thirdly because "Kris" sounds too much like "Crystal" if you read it...that way, fourthly...I don't know, I really don't care about it.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'd like to have anything that will make the game longer, cause G/S were short as hell for me. And for Kris not being in-game, I don't really mind, firstly because I never play the female girl, secondly because it'd be nice to see new characters, thirdly because "Kris" sounds too much like "Crystal" if you read it...that way, fourthly...I don't know, I really don't care about it.
    I do agree that G/S/C's Kanto was really short. But still, I thought the originals were the longest Pokemon game I've played.

Well, I never play as a female anyway, maybe I might change with these new games. Nah, the male sprite looks so cool. =]

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
  • I don't see some stuff from Crystal being included in the game as a big deal. It makes the games a little more interesting, different from GS, and it's not like they're going to make a Crystal remake anyways.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't see some stuff from Crystal being included in the game as a big deal. It makes the games a little more interesting, different from GS, and it's not like they're going to make a Crystal remake anyways.
    You never know. Nintendo pratically made the "Cash In my Pocket" song.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • This is the DS era where they want to squeeze as much money as they can from Pokemon Franchise. A Crystal re-make does make a lot of sense. =0

Years
  • But with majority of Crystal features in HG/SS, what could possibly be added into a Crystal Remake?

Kris for one. XD That would make so many people happy. No offense to anyone who has mentioned her before.

Along with that, they could make Suicune run on water, and you see a water battle with it? Maybe there could be an exclusive Suicune building in Cianwood. (The extended part.) Maybe they could make it so more than one Pokemon follows you at a time? They could add wifi plaza, Pokemon Contests, More mini games! Hoenn, perhaps?

I don't see a Crystal remake in the future though. I'd rather play these two versions anyway.

I'm happy that we got some Crystal features without that character. I just like this new one better. (I even made my character from Animal Crossing DS look like her. XD)

Years
  • I don't like Suicune's importance. Suicune's always been one of my least favorite Pokémon, and it annoys me that it constantly overshadows the other two dogs. I'd rather have something new, too. It's boring that they're doing the same thing as they did in Crystal.

Why not have Suicune overshadow the other legendaries, I mean hes the cover of the crystal(complete extra)pokemon version.He needs to be cooler!:P Besides maybe Suicune is more improtant than we think becuase heeeee waaaaaas in a movie(oh wait so was entei.....ha raiku sux!) :) BTW! did you guys know that the Pokemon Company revealed that Raikou is a tiger, Entei is a lion, and Suicune is a cheetah?LEGENDARY CHEETAH SUICUNE!go legendary cats!!!!!

GO LAKE PURIFIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!

DejitaruShogi

The Scary Girl
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Crystal was my favourite Pokémon game of all time, and I'm sad there's not a direct remake. That's why I'm happy they're including those Crystal features in HGSS, especially Suicune. Don't know how to pronounce the damn thing but it's one of my favourite Pokémon.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • I actually like how they're including some things from Crystal--I don't think it's ruining the remakes at all. I think they should include the Crystal-exclusive things since they're just remaking Gold and Silver, and not Crystal (at least, that's what I'm assuming). And besides, I will love to see some of the things from Crystal in these games since Crystal was my FAVORITE pokemon game ever! ^_^

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I'm with Dunsparce and Timbjerr on this one. I loved Crystal. I think along with Emerald and Platinum, it is superior to the other 2 versions.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    I've never played Platinum, but I agree, Emerald was far better than Ruby and Sapphire, but I would argue that the pokedex in FR/LG was the best pokedex ever... must've taken them forever to design it. But Crystal was an astoundingly awesome game, and these remakes of Gold and Silver darn well better follow in its tradition. The second generation had some of the best and worst pokemon ever invented, so I eagerly await it, though I cringe at the old worthlessmon that they will undoubtedly bring back to the surface.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I think that this is not only a G/S remake, but Johto in general, so why not include features from Crystal. Thank god they didn't cut Mareep though!

Edit: At the guy above me, I was on a different page when I made this post, so the whole Mareep part I just said wasn't influenced by your post, FREAKY!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Besides maybe Suicune is more improtant than we think becuase heeeee waaaaaas in a movie(oh wait so was entei.....ha raiku sux!)
    Legend of Thunder sits in the corner and cries. That counts as a made-for-TV movie.

Also, Suicune is a naked mole rat.

GO LEGENDARY RODENTS!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind the Crystal features being added to HG/SS. I'm one of those people that never played Crystal, so having a chance to see the important story features, and whatever other revolutionary things it added to the series, it had included in a game that I can/will play is rather exciting for me. (By the time I had a Crystal copy, the internal battery died.)

It's not going to ruin the ~nostalgia~ for me.

At least Crystal is being remembered in these remakes in any way at all.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The only reason I'd whine about the inclusion of these is that Kris isn't there. I accepted she wasn't the female character because this wasn't a ~Crystal remake~ it was a GS remake. So now that there are several elements of Crystal in HGSS (ffff still hate that acronym) I'm not seeing any reason for replacing her. :(

Yes I am just butthurt about Kris. Could care less whether they add other Crystal stuff to the games. I just want my Kris. ;__;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I really don't care because the game is still going to rock. I'm still ticked off about the new character she looks hideous in my opinion, I still wish they added a battle frontier in the game

:t354:TG

Back