• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Crystal features - why be hatin', or why like it?

Dano_

Nya~
    Years
    Doesn't bother me. Can't have everything exactly the same as the originals, that would just make it utterly boring. These are "new" games after all.
    I have to agree. I've never played Crystal, so I'm excited to see what the differences in the storyline are/will be.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    I remember eusine from the manga. But unless I was completely not paying attention while playing crystal I could've sworn he was never in it....

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    But unless I was completely not paying attention while playing crystal I could've sworn he was never in it....

To be fair, Eusine's role in Crystal wasn't too prominent. He talks to you in the Burnt Tower, and you can have an optional battle with him in Cianwood. It understandable that you would forget about him.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Ah ok thanks. Now I'm starting to question if I ever finished the game because I would've remembered the optional battle. Who knows.... =X. I got it when I was 10 when it came out.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    ^It's okay, I totally forgot about Kenya the Spearow and I was just reading it on Bulbapedia last night and I was like WOAH I DON'T REMEMBER THAT.

Anyways, I don't see a problem with Crystal features. It makes the game feel more complete and interesting. And I still think Kris will make a cameo at the very least, Nintendo wouldn't totally forget about her... I hope.

ElementalKrack

Scizor Snipper
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    In my honest opinion, I can't wait until these come out. Gold and Silver remakes, the actual version, never really played alot, was very confusing. As for Crystal version/remake, I think it's going to be awesome since I still have my Crystal version and my Gameboy Advance.

Crystal version was one of my most played GBA games of all the GBA games I have. I got so far, traded with alot of people, and besides the fact ALMOST everything I caught. Crystal is a suprise seeing as it is going to get remakes.
    ---
    My friend and I assume that 3 years after the remakes of Gold, Silver and Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are going to get remakes, since, they got made 3 years after G/S/C got made.

ScaldingHotSoup

/\Guess the name reference!/\
    Years
    I don't like Suicune's importance. Suicune's always been one of my least favorite Pokémon, and it annoys me that it constantly overshadows the other two dogs. I'd rather have something new, too. It's boring that they're doing the same thing as they did in Crystal.

I disagree man, Entei had his own freaking movie!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    You all should of seen this comming when you saw where they placed elms lab

nvm what i said lol i saw an error

Last edited:

Talesplayer

Breeder in Training/Guardia
    Years
    i think its a good way to give more content to the game. i had alreadyt assumed there wo0uld be some kind of battle tower, since thats what pokemon always has nowadays. Though i suppose this might be a little biased, since crystal was my favorite game from that generation. XD

Back