• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Crystal is the best game ever

BradWest96

Brad Ketchum
    Years
    If they made a remake of Crystal on the DS, I would be so happy my head would explode. You could do so much more in Crystal. Here's ten reasons why I love Crystal.

1. You could go to both Kanto and Johto.
    2. You can get twice as many gym badges.
    3. You could catch Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Suicune, and Entei.
    4. Awesome starters.
    5. You could get Pokegear.
    6. The pokemon have an animation when they appear in battle.
    7. Night/Day Feature
    8. Bug catching contests
    9. You can trade your Pokemon from RBY
    10. You can battle Red (Ash) when you beat the game

As you can see, Pokemon Crystal is the greatest game ever!
    What do you think?

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I would love for a remake as well, but I somehow doubt that would happen in the near future. That's why I've been really addicted to Emerald though, because in addition to the 8 badges you get you can also try to get the 14 Battle Frontier Symbols (7 Silver & 7 Gold) which are just like badges, expect much much harder to get. Plus, the pokemon have animation and you can battle Steven in Meteor Falls anytime after the Elite Four. Steven has pokemon in the high 70s. The PokeNav acts like the PokeGear's telephone too, except way better.

I agree though, I still love the G/S/C generation the best.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Well, it's good to see some retro fans still out there, I myself enjoyed the good old days of Pokemon Gold, however, most of the reasons you've stated are not only covered in newer versions, but have also been improved both dratasically and minimally.

First and second points are good though. If my memory serves correctly, only G/S/C had the ability to travel between regions, thus increasing the longevity of the game and its replay value. Two very good points. However, these two, and the point of versing Red at the end of the game, are the only differing qualities that G/S/C have that D&P, and to some extent R/S/E/FR/LG, don't.

Catching Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Entei and Suicune, as well as the three starters and being able to trade from R/B/Y, has pretty much become obsolete thanks to D&P's GTS.
    The Pokegear was upgraded substantially through R/S/E/FR/LG and was then further improved in D&P.
    Battle animations have also become standard in next generation Pokemon games and the day/night feature has again be re-introduced in D&P.

They're all very good points and I agree that they took Crystal above and beyond the expectations of Pokemon fans, but only during its time of release. It's a good game, but there are better ones out there.

Haha, I just realised that I practically wrote an essay about disagreeing with you, which is completely beside the point of the topic, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. :P

Oh, and that bug catching contest rocked and was exclusive for G/S/C. ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    The bad thing about Emerald is that you can only battle Steven once whereas you could battle Red multiple times

pm3d

Programmer!
    Years
    Crystal was an awesome game in North America. But in Japan, they were even luckier with the release. They had a lot more things, and you could even do this online thing, where you could see where other players were at, and a couple other things that I don't seem to remember right now :(.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Oh, and that bug catching contest rocked and was exclusive for G/S/C. ;)
    I agree, that was one of the awesome bits about G/S/C.
    The bad thing about Emerald is that you can only battle Steven once whereas you could battle Red multiple times
    Actually you can battle Steven as many times, you find him in the meteorite cave and he'll rebattle you.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    A crystal remake would be awsome but here are some things I would like to see in it
    1. A more exciting kanto
    2. A elite four rematch
    3. Be able to trade with D/P/(third game)
    4. Pal Park
    5. Fourth gen pokemon only obtainale through trade

But on a sad note this probably wont happen and here is why

1. All jhoto pokemon were made obtianable one way or another
    2. Day and night was brought back for D/P
    3. The only reason R/B was remade was for the 10th aniversery

Sadly it probably wont happen but we can hope right.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
    Oh, how I loved Pokemon Crystal with a burning passion. I could just shoot myself for selling it so I could repair my DS.

Reasons for Cyrstal Passion:
    1. It had a little bit more of a higher difficulty level.

2. Suicune was tons easier to catch.

3. EUSINE!!!11 <3<3<3

4. The legendary dogs had SUCH an awesome theme. (Can't find the darned MP# for it... ;3;)

5. You can pick both genders.

6. The animations and better scenery (Example: Burnt Tower actually looked like a burnt tower, unlike GS.)

7. A more accurate Raikou.

8. The wee bit of an extension of the game.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
    crystal probably wont be remade, after all they didn't remake yellow, they'll probably remake gold and silver eventually though, after all, look how well fire red and leaf green sold

Cooro

♥•+message me+•♥
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    Ooh, I love that game! I constantly sell and buy more Pokemon games, but that is one I have never sold, and never will!

It's my favorite too. I haven't played all the pokemon games but out of all of them that's my favorite.

I'm currently playing. I started 2 days ago and Most of my pokemon are about lvl 30. ^o^

Years
    If they made a remake of Crystal on the DS, I would be so happy my head would explode. You could do so much more in Crystal. Here's ten reasons why I love Crystal.

1. You could go to both Kanto and Johto.
    2. You can get twice as many gym badges.
    3. You could catch Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Suicune, and Entei.
    4. Awesome starters.
    5. You could get Pokegear.
    6. The pokemon have an animation when they appear in battle.
    7. Night/Day Feature
    8. Bug catching contests
    9. You can trade your Pokemon from RBY
    10. You can battle Red (Ash) when you beat the game

As you can see, Pokemon Crystal is the greatest game ever!
    What do you think?

definitely
    agreed wit this 100% ^^
    would be cool if sum1 made a version in which u would be able 2 go 2 every region
    so u could catch every pokemon ever made
    if i only knew how 2 make that
    maybe zel could teach me? lol

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
    Theres obviously a demand for it (or G/S, which will probably include many features from crystal anyway) Just hope they stop adding new pokemon, i used to know the first two generations perfectly but the third baffles me and the fourth is almost alien (diamond and pearl not available in blighty till end of july) I played gold last night and remembered that it was the best game ever (crystal too themed) Second and first generation were the best pokemon ever!

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Yeah, a G/S/C remake would be awesome. But it's probably not ever going to happen officially, so I'll stick with Zel's hack for now.

Years
    ye
    zel's hack is sweet but hmm ... i just got 2 the ice path, and i cant get in it
    is there sum other version where u can? or something? :\

omega11

Beginner Pokemon Hacker :D
    Years
    Crystal rocked i had a copy(until an unfortunate accidant) if they ever make a remake il be the ready to buy at least 2 this time

P_S_B

Frontier Brain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Crystal is definately the best of the games. I really hope they remake second gen, but give it the graphics of Crystal (the ice path and the burnt tower).

HellRaiser: You have the last Beta, you can download the most recent version which is up to, but not including, Victory Road from the Shiny Gold thread page 1.

Back