• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Crystal is the best game ever

PurityForest

Forest Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, I hope they got a Remake. Crystal is really great!! You can catch Ho-Oh and Lugia! Day and Night Feature. And many more!!

I would be glad if they would make a Remake. :D

ihw666

Item Master!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2009
    If they made a remake of Crystal on the DS, I would be so happy my head would explode. You could do so much more in Crystal. Here's ten reasons why I love Crystal.

1. You could go to both Kanto and Johto.
    2. You can get twice as many gym badges.
    3. You could catch Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Suicune, and Entei.
    4. Awesome starters.
    5. You could get Pokegear.
    6. The pokemon have an animation when they appear in battle.
    7. Night/Day Feature
    8. Bug catching contests
    9. You can trade your Pokemon from RBY
    10. You can battle Red (Ash) when you beat the game

As you can see, Pokemon Crystal is the greatest game ever!
    What do you think?

i agree with all those reasons i think they should remake it for Ds as well.

Years
    hmm.. I haven't played Crystal, though my friend has it. But the things u listed there are the same in Silver, which I have :D (except the animations) And I agree that SGC were pretty cool games. If the graphics were better I guess it could be even better than RSE...

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    You can trade from crystal to ruby? o_O;;; Wow I didnt even know that, but anyways I have a pokemon crystal sitting here right now T_T No GBA though. And I agree a remake would be real awesome do I think it would happen? Noper, but you can dream can't ya :P

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    The animations are so much better in Crystal.
    In Emerald, they just rotate the sprites, along with one new sprite and call it an animaiton.

They also need to bring back the bug-catching contest idea in a new pokemon game.

You should also be able to travel to the previous regions.
    I think the reason R/S/E, and D/P couldn't do this was because of memory, or data.

Inugami

Years
    I totally agree with you! I LOVE my Crystal Version. I still have it. In fact, It is on my Bed Side table!

I just love it so much. I really want it to have a remake.

*Protests Nintendo*

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    i myself found G/S better when it comes to legendaries, suicine just doesnt appeal to me. toerh then that it rules. cool animations and stuff! (L)

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    CRYSTAL ROCKS!WHOOO!

Just wanted to get that out.
    Oh yes.Earlier,as i was looking at the poss,I think one said something about new features if remade for DS.One was Elite Four
    rematch.um,duh.You could battle the Elite Four as many times as you want.I clearly remember hacking at the Elite four with my my Typloshin 5 times.(We kicked total butt)

CRYSTAL ROCKS!WHOOO!

Wanted to let that out again.

Elite 4 Sam

Steel Type User
    Years
    But on a sad note this probably wont happen and here is why

1. All jhoto pokemon were made obtianable one way or another
    2. Day and night was brought back for D/P
    3. The only reason R/B was remade was for the 10th aniversery

Sadly it probably wont happen but we can hope right.
    Yes, but they make tons of Jhoto refrences as well as battling Jasmine in contests and seeing her in sunnyshore. i think they will and i have a pic of box art and some screenshots.

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Yes, but they make tons of Jhoto refrences as well as battling Jasmine in contests and seeing her in sunnyshore. i think they will and i have a pic of box art and some screenshots.
    I sure hope so...

In FR/LG, they make GSC references left and right.

They brought back moomoo milk, referenced Rage Candybars, referenced Leader Clair and hers and Lance's grandfather, and (I think) made a reference to the GSC rival (If the Scientist in the Five Island hideout was talking about him when he mentioned Giovanni's son as having long red hair)

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    In R/S someone says Norman called his family (Thus the main character) over from Johto.

They edited it out of Emerald for some reason :\ so now it only says "Somewhere far, far away."

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    ya that would be pretty kool. i like crystal becuz it was the 1st pokemon game that u could be either a boy or girl. im totally in luv with the game i would be so siked if they did make a ds version.

Back