• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal Morning

Years
  • Yay. I found my files for it. Right now its an RM2k3 Game, but when I get the maps and characters, I will port it to RMXP.
    Check my attached screenshots.

Update-
    - I have started my LONG process of porting to RMXP, if anyone is interested in helping, my email is [email protected].

This game follows the storyline of Pokemon Crystal
    Amazon.com Review
    Pok?mon Crystal is to Pok?mon Gold and Silver what Pok?mon Yellow is to Pok?mon Red and Blue. It features several minor upgrades from its predecessors, but in essence it's still the same game. The classic Pok?mon formula of adventuring, collecting, and battling is at a series best with Crystal. This is one of the best and most addictive role-playing games for the Game Boy Color.

The most notable feature is the selectable female trainer who has her own set of animations and backgrounds. This is a great option for female Pok?mon fans who were previously stuck playing the game as a male character. There are also subtle improvements to the cell phone system, HM moves, and prebattle animations. Rival trainers' phone calls are now more plentiful and pragmatic. HM moves, which are required throughout the game, are available at the push of a button--you'll no longer have to navigate menus to use these moves. Lastly, seeing a Pok?mon's new animation makes encountering new creatures more fun than before.

If you haven't played Gold or Silver yet, Crystal is definitely the way to go. If you've played those previous games, Crystal has only enough new features to justify a purchase from Pok?mon fanatics. This game is compatible with the link cable, Game Boy printer, and Pok?mon Pikachu 2. It's playable on Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance only, and can be played on a television using Pok?mon Stadium 2 and a Transfer Pak. --Raymond M. Padilla

Last edited:

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • The screens are okay. A bit blank....but good. Maybe add some more details, like flowers... light grass patches, those sort of stuff. ;)
    Oh, and I don't think you can import your files from Rm2k/3 over to RMXP....

Anyways, good luck on your game!

~Jeff

Years
  • Jeff_PKLight said:
    The screens are okay. A bit blank....but good. Maybe add some more details, like flowers... light grass patches, those sort of stuff. ;)
    Oh, and I don't think you can import your files from Rm2k/3 over to RMXP....

Anyways, good luck on your game!

~Jeff
    I know, thats why I would have to do it on my own :(

Years
  • Well, I just started on the RMXP version, and I am just now doing New Bark Town. In RM2k3, there was a 20x20 limit, so I couldnt make my rooms any smaller.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Well, in RM2K3, how far have you mapped? And by making the maps smaller, I meant using black tiles to even it out. Here's an example.

PokeMartScreen.gif

^ The lobby of the Goldenrod Dept Store in my GS Remake. The map is 20x20, and I used the black tile to make the room smaller.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • The first 3 screens seem too...big. New Bark Town shouldn't be that big, and the rooms need to be made smaller like how GymLeaderLance99 showed you. You seem to have got the proportions right in Cherrygrove City though.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • Yeah, It's good to see these screenshots progressively getting better, keep learning from the nice people at PC and the maps will be better much quicker :), Oh and for RMXP check the Resource thread, Rm2k3kid Has posted a massive tileset and some other people have posted some good charsets

Years
  • Esai said:
    Yeah, It's good to see these screenshots progressively getting better, keep learning from the nice people at PC and the maps will be better much quicker :), Oh and for RMXP check the Resource thread, Rm2k3kid Has posted a massive tileset and some other people have posted some good charsets
    Im sticking with RPG Maker 2003. RMXP has too many bugs. I just redid the Heros Room, see the attatched screenshot :)
    another new screenshot of your house

Last edited:

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • Wow. That Heros Room Looks Really Cool, Brilliant Job! I told you you'll get better

Back