• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    It's actually useful. It's even better than asking directions from strangers or buying expensive maps. I don't really need a GPS myself since I can just ask my phone for directions and pull up a map from it. I just saved myself a hundred bucks. haha.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Ah, sense of direction... I can tell where I'm going, even when reading a book. 8D People tell me to stop and that it's dangerous, but nah. I do what I want. B|

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    On the topic of apps, my most ones are Twitter and Facebook. Twitter has the highest priority over being used the most. The reason is because I prefer mobile twitter over web twitter. My laptop could be right in front of me, and I'd STILL be using Twitter on my phone instead of on my laptop. XD I just think that mobile twitter is way better because it's easier to use and doesn't lag as much.

As for the current topic, I have a basic sense of direction when I know what I'm actually doing. Yet, if you were to tell me how to get to point C from point A... you can just forget even trying. I have a very hard time remembering a ton of details all at once, so it often affects my sense of direction if someone was to tell me where to go.

Years
    There are times when I feel like I could benefit from having a GPS. My sense of direction is...okay I guess, at least in the sense of "I can find my way back", but I'm always worried about getting lost going anywhere I absolutely don't know about ah ha. :X

I remember when I first moved here, I actually consulted google maps before going to the other house here that's only a few blocks away at most...although I guess it didn't help that I actually did get a bit lost beforehand trying to find the right street on my own, whoops.

Years
    I remember when my parents thought that going to a larger college campus than the one i'm on now might not have been as good an idea. Since this one is a smaller area than some of the ones that are in the middle of our areas, such as Temple or West Chester, it doesn't have as big a map so getting around isn't much a concern for me.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm awful with directions, especially at night. If I don't know where I'm going, expect me to be late.

Though, I knew my hometown like the back of my hand, even though it's one of the largest cities in America. Now since I moved, I don't know where anything is yet ;_; I'm learning slowly!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm also awful with directions. Though, I try really hard. XD It just takes me a while.

I'd almost rather live in a city, because you could take a bus, or walk, but here with the suburbs, you either learn your way driving around all the winding side streets, or it's a no go. .w.

Years
    I'm only good with directions if I'm familiar with the surroundings. That's all.

Given I'm one who lives in an urban environment, and one so used to public transport that I tend to find it almost easy to get around. In more regional areas though I do slip up badly with knowledge.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm good with direction when I'm familiar with it, most of the time, or by just observing a bit, given that usually I just see the route that my dad and the others drives. I remember that I was able to told my dad that "we should go this or that way" when going to shopping mall when I was a kid.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm a hopeless wanderer. I just wander all over the place and somehow find my way to where I need to be. I have a somewhat sense of direction that just knows how to get there. I only use google maps and we were on a road to trip from one city to another. Within a city I'm usually fine without using it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    You could go real simple and make a sugar cookie in the shape of a heart for two people and then put some icing on it in some kind of design or something. Or you could make some homemade cinnamon rolls. Or if she has a favorite kind of cookie or other sweet that'd probably be the best way to go.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Guys I want to bake something yummy for my girlfriend, what should I make? Some kind of cookie is preferable!

Make something that she really loves. Like...do you know her favorite cookie flavor? :D The most important thing is to bake something that comes from your heart. <3

Bake a giant chocolate chip cookie (or, you can do any flavor, really!) and follow this easy to use recipe. Guaranteed she'll be amazed. :D

Years
    I wish I could cook on my own. We did a couple recipes back when I was in private school, but I don't remember them at all. But it is nice that you'd want to do something like this for her (:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I... can't cook. I can't even use a stove. See, when I was little... my mom kept telling me not to touch the stove when it was after cooking. I didn't listen to her, so one day I touched the stove when it was hot. I got burned enough so that it became a bit traumatic for me, you know being young and everything. I didn't get hurt badly or whatever but... it still hurt. :(

My parents figure this is the reason why I have a fear of getting burned when it comes to trying to cook. I just can't stand the idea of using a stove to cook, and I have done it before to the point where I had agonizing anxiety over it. I was only using the stove at that time because I was in a life skills class, so I was actually being forced to use one. It only increased my panic rather than make it any better. ><

So yeah... if it can be microwaved, I go with that method instead!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I can cook given the recipe and the ingredients, but it's the effort to cook that stops me :/ I'm more of a baking person tbh.

But yes, +1 for the giant cookie idea! Despite that it's not christmas, I use this pile of cookie recipes for when I want to bake some nice cookies of some sort. I want to perfect a good nutella cookie, but those Oreo Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies I want to give them a try.

[CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back