• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Yeah I know the feel. I got the day off today, but I have a feeling I'm gonna go in at 7 am tomorrow morning. Waiting for my store manager to call me just in case.

Last week, however, was freaking unbearable though. But I'll have a great payday next week so I can't complain about that.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For the last month I've only been getting one day off a week, but yeah the paychecks definitely pay off. xD;

This week, though, I only have 25 hours. ??? ok

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Last week, however, was freaking unbearable though. But I'll have a great payday next week so I can't complain about that.

That is the ONLY thing getting me through this week. My coach this week is an absolute ass. He's unbearable, and I still have next week to go through too. I can't wait to have money again though, so this week should go fast, even if it's painful.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Starting May, I'm gonna get like 1 day off a week. Not that I'm complaining though. I do need to keep myself occupied. I feel like I've been getting a lot of free time for myself. We'll see how I can handle two jobs.

Circuit

Years
    I work 7/8 (depending on if its workshop or 'school') until 3. It's weird, and I hate getting up early, but I love getting out early afternoon too. I work the whole week, and it's tiring. By the weekend I don't wanna do anything cause I'm exhausted.

Years
    My mother said I had a great job in the factory, but then interaction between me and co-workers went downhill... and I ended up leaving due to personal issues come late 2013.

Haven't been able to find a new job since.

Circuit

Years
    What I have isn't strictly a job, but an apprenticeship with a guaranteed job at the end. If I pass the exams. It's pretty much a job in its own right though, the way it's carried out.

Years
    Once i'm back at my job, I don't know how much i'll be in for it. They said that they average 20-25 hours a week for college students, and my parents had asked why I wasn't getting too many hours last year and when I asked, I found out that was why.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I average about....... 34 hrs a week I guess? It's never below 30 because lol shift leader but it has to stay below 40 because otherwise I'm in overtime. For the past few months I've mainly been night shift for the past few months but we just recently got a new shift leader that's been a closer for well... way long than I've been one. So I've been put on more morning shifts and my manager is hoping that one of my coworkers doesn't mind a night shift or two so she can promote her to shift leader and keep me in mornings with maybe one night shift or so a week. Which I don't mind because morning shift, then night shift, then a day off works great for me and my dumb sleeping schedule. :') It allows me to only have four hours of sleep before my morning shift, nap, do some stuff, and then stay up really late because I don't have to go to work until 1:30pm at the earlier. Then of course night shifts take most of myday so I never wanna go straight to bed when I get home which is where the day off completes the nice cycle.

Circuit

Years
    That seems like such a complicated process to go through haha. I couldn't deal with a weird schedule like that. I'd be dead and never want to do anything besides sleep. Its bad enough for me as it is, having to get up early.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I'm not interested in adhering to a long, arbitrary schedule for my work. Or making pitiful wages for that, either. What I'd like to do is hop on a business of someone else's involving IT or maybe start my own, and work with them with totally dynamic hours and intense involvement. I'd like my work to be personal if it's going to be worth my time.

At the moment though I'm taken care of - my mother foots all the bills and I have enough to buy all sorts of computer equipment and furniture with my pension. I don't need to worry.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well I pretty much adhere to whatever schedule I'm given for the week haha. There's been times when I had to close and then I come back in the morning and I hate it when that happens. Especially if I have yet another morning shift the day after. So I'm just saying what's easiest for my sleep/free time since constant morning shifts cause me to be dead and constant night shifts I can't really have a life other than trips to wal-mart at midnight and my days off but i usually sleep through half of those.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My problems with naps is that my naps like to turn into actual sleep time and thus leaves me staying up late again because I slept the whole day and I don't really get anything productive done. ( Not that night shifts are any better unless I wake up more than a half-hour before I have to do to work. ) :p But it's definitely something I need to work out somehow because she's definitely putting me on more morning shifts regardless of whether my coworker accepts the promotion or not.

Also I'd say go to dunkin' donuts but I don't want you at my store get out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well, to be fair on my manager she only actually scheduled me like that twice. The other two/three times I was asked to come in because they were short. There was one time though when I closed, realized I accidentally brought my manager's card home, brought it back a bit after they opened, went home, stayed up because day off but a little before I was considering bed they called me and asked me to come in. And me being me said yes because otherwise I'd feel bad lmao.

But ughhhh I would absolutely hate to have a double shift. Thankfully they never schedule us that way where we work. Closing and then opening is the closest thing and even then you can at least get some rest.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah I can understand that reason! When I first started they once asked me to come in but I had to turn them down because I wasat a friend's house which was at least an hour away from my work. Plus I would have had to go home and get changed and by that time there wasn't going to be a point. Always said yes since then though.

I would probably die if I ever took a double overtime shift like that yeah no thanks. D: I have done ten hours shifts before though. One recently when they asked me to come in early and I had to close that night. But it wasn't too bad since I was already awake.

Ten hours I would say is the limit though. I wouldn't want to take a 11 1/2 hour shift myself. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah that's the worst thing about night shifts. No day left when you get off. ;__; It's been my life until recently.

And iiiick that's pretty bad yeah. It's always nice to get a boost for your paycheck but the work can be hard. But breaks are always good! I never have an official break just unofficial breaks I give myself when we're slow. :');;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I work clopenings on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It's not too bad honestly but it does suck having like one hour to yourself when you come home and then need to sleep for opening tomorrow ew. It's usually 3-10PM Tuesdays, then 9AM to 3:30PM on Wednesdays for me.. late shifts suck since it feels like the entire day is wasted ;_;

"clopenings"

I just learned a new word.

Just learned today that this weekend will be brutal. Gonna be the closing supervisor on Saturday night, then opening supervisor on Sunday. What is life.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Clopening is such a great word I love it.

I've never had to open thank god considering that we open at 4am and so our openers come in at 2am to make donuts and such. Earliest I've ever had to come in was 4am one time when someone else couldn't come in so they asked me to.

I hope you don't have to be there two early Megan what time do you guys come in to open? annnd...... I don't remember what time Target opens so you'll have to answer that question, Team Fail.

Years
    Clopening? What the heck of a word is that, and somehow it is recognized as misspelled for me. Shows you learn something new all the time, so yeah thanks for teaching me a new word, PC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back