• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've been to every western European country, except United Kingdom and every country associated with scandinavia. Most countries are too warm for my liking, though, so I'm totally content with staying here.
    Most countries are too warm for your liking but you've avoided Scandinavia? ;;

Years
    I have to fly in less than a month's time to go to a wedding. Not really looking forward to it myself, not scared of planes but I'm always anxious whenever I have to do so. :| Bleh.

I guess I like the thought of travelling but not the actual act of doing so ah ha.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Most countries are too warm for your liking but you've avoided Scandinavia? ;;

I don't decide where my parents take me on holiday, okay. Your people scare me

Years
    In the past year, i've flown out for vacation twice - once to St. Louis and once to Florida, the former was to visit my brother and the latter...well, i've talked about it already. The worst fear of flying is that a plane could crash out of nowhere.

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    I hate flying, though I've only flown once, and that was to visit family...The pilot said we where running low on fuel and he may have to land early. I panicked like a mofo...We never made the stop, he flew on through which made other people super nervous as well... :/

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    The worst fear of flying is that a plane could crash out of nowhere.

Exactly. Right now I'm a tad bit paranoid to go on a plane ride, considering a crash happened about 6 months with an Indonesian plane which fell into the Java Sea...

I don't want to meet my fate with Davy Jones' Locker, no thanks.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Traveling is amazing. Since I was moving to Houston, I HAD to confront my fear of flying on a place. Quite honestly, I actually love it now! It's so much fun. :3 I don't have to fear traveling to other states anymore.

Arizona, Nevada, Texas, New Mexico and Kansas are the only states I've been in. Lived in California all my life.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Spiders, although they do a good justice in keeping away the flies, are horrible for every other reason out there.

This. On so many levels. You couldn't have said it better. XD

Traveling, huh? I haven't done very much of it lately because if money issues. Though, I will be going to my yearly anime convention in September. :3 So, that will be a fun little travel adventure away from home for about four days. ^____^

I've actually never flown before in my life. Both my parents have done it though. I'm not afraid of flying, but I'm weary of it. I think a lot of it is just because it's a new experience for me. It's one of those things where you aren't afraid, but you feel as if you don't whether you'll like it or not... does that make sense? O_o

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I love traveling. I love seeing new sights and visiting new places and absorbing new cultures, as well as buying new things xD

For mode of travel, I prefer to go by air/plane. Sea travel is really nauseating for me and I think has a greater possibility of meeting danger (with storms and whatnot). Tbqh the fear of flight etc is kinda irrational IMO due to Murphy's Law. Transportation is not flawless and entirely safe. So many factors can make a car crash as likely as a plane crash or shipwreck, so. That being said, just because there've been several headlining airline tragedies, it's not gonna to instill fear/paranoia in preventing me from wanting to fly and travel :3

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^^^^^^^^ EXACTLY.

That's how I felt before my first flight to Houston. I kept watching these special on airplane crashes and I'm like "LOLNOPE". But still, I faced my fear, and airline personnel are extremely careful about your safety, which is freaking amazing. I don't feel as scared as I was anymore.

You'll never know unless you go for it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    [CSDCC] the weather channel

but spiders are awesome tho :[

and on the subject of planes, i only rode an airplane twice, and i was pretty scared, since I did kinda watch Final Destination 1 and I watched some Air Crash Investigation back in the day and tbh it DID NOT HELP AT ALL ;-;

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i like to travel. the most time i've spent in a car is 12 hours to travel to minnesota. i've taken a plane twice in my life to disney world in florida. i loved it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Well, this thread is infested with spiders apparently. I'll just be uh, leaving, now...

On the one plane trip that I have been on, the flight itself was not very fun. You can only watch movies on tiny screens, eat bleck food, and sleeping is hell. Not to mention the airport, and waiting in lines and then picking up luggage.

I hate long car trips as well. They're so boring and uncomfortable.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i'm only okay in the car if i have a tv to watch or play my 3ds. on the plane, i don't like when the person in front of me leans their chair back onto me. ANNOYING. grr.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I'm currently waiting to board a plane now, so there is that haha

Going home for the weekend to see my family, and a particular cat who hasn't been well recently, and it could end up being fatal so I want to see him.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    um. hi. i'm new to this part of the forums. with (many) thanks to Charlie Brown c:

as to not disrupt the ongoing topic: i've travelled quite a lot in my short lifespan, but there's still a bunch of places i'd like to visit at least once. sadly now that i'm completely independent with regards to travel funds, i probably won't be doing a lot of faraway travelling anymore for the time being.

woah NinjaAiden, i hope your cat ends up being okay :c

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I like traveling a lot and would love to visit many places. Unfortunately, I'm both seasick and airsick ~_~

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
    Whoa I have never noticed this forum before, this is so weird. xD

I hate long plane trips. The last one I went on was a 23 hour flight to Europe, and it was pretty miserable. I can't sleep well on planes, and their food is awful. My feet swelled up to like twice their original size.

I don't mind long car or train rides though. I guess I'm used to them; quite a few of my friends live like two hours of travel away and I have to travel like an hour to get to college anyway. Unlike in planes I have no problem dozing off if I get bored for whatever reason. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back