• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Anyway, I'd rather not get involved with competitive battling. Considering what it did to my ex-best friend/sister (not blood-related), I can imagine it's very addictive and what not. Also because as an autistic, I can get addicted to something easily... so much that I get totally obsessed with it. My ex-best friend had Asperger Syndrome, among other health issues. So, I think this is exactly what happened to her. She became absorbed with it that she lost sight of me and other friends. :/

Ouch, that must suck. Competitive gaming can be quite engaging to the point of severe addiction if not controlled (look at half of League of Legend's playerbase), but it's mostly due to the fact you want to win more and more. Though in your case, it's better to stay put since health comes before anything else :o

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Ouch, that must suck. Competitive gaming can be quite engaging to the point of severe addiction if not controlled (look at half of League of Legend's playerbase), but it's mostly due to the fact you want to win more and more. Though in your case, it's better to stay put since health comes before anything else :o

Totally. I mean, I got addicted to MMOs alone. I have this obsessive quality about me that lacks a lot of control at certain times. However, it's actually been pretty good. I'm surprised because any other time I'm obsessed with one thing after another as well. I had a period where I was obsessed with nothing but Loki/Tom Hiddleston. I still adore him, but not as much of an extent. Now, well... I wouldn't say my hero is so much of an obsession, though I would say more of a security blanket than anything. :x

Like I said to GreenFlame, I think most of it comes from the fact that my ex-best friend became addicted to it, and I sort of resented the idea of it because of her. It's actually quite common for people with any form of autism to become addicted to things. That's what makes it so hard for us to break the habit. Kind of like how smoking or drinking is hard for a normal person to break. For us, it's like that... it's our "drug".

I think no matter where you go though, there's always going to be someone who wants to be competitive. I guess that's what keeps games like that going. It's just... there's so many people who get carried away with it. Like, it's all they think about. Just as you said, people want to win... and if they don't, they end up rage quitting. *shrug*

I play enough of the Pokémon game to understand the terms and whatnot, but to have all that factoring into just one battle would be overwhelming to me.

Exactly! This is how I am most of the time. To be honest, I don't even battle with people unless it's a friend who I know isn't in to win it. If that friend knows I'm just trying to have fun, I have no problem battling. I have no problem losing to the friend either. Some people just get so carried away with competing as I said above. :/

Why is it that when I type long paragraphs that I skip over words? -_____-;

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Whatever I try to do, when it comes to competitive battles I can only take a couple of them, before I bail out again. I can't say for sure if it's my pretty low self confidence or my fear of losing, or lack of motivation, or something else...well at least I'm not addicted to competitive battling, I suppose.

And then there's teambuilding which I don't like too much and which can take me a couple weeks until I have a team ready.

It's one of the reasons why I never really got into LoL and why I only rarely do some Pokemon battles against other people.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    Battles with friends are a lot more fun, tbh. Friends don't take stuff as seriously and it makes for a much nicer experience when battling.

That's true. Odds are, that friend is going to know you aren't just playing to win too. So, it helps that both parties are playing at a more eased level than just competitively... if that even makes any sense.

Whatever I try to do, when it comes to competitive battles I can only take a couple of them, before I bail out again. I can't say for sure if it's my pretty low self confidence or my fear of losing, or lack of motivation, or something else...well at least I'm not addicted to competitive battling, I suppose.

And then there's teambuilding which I don't like too much and which can take me a couple weeks until I have a team ready.

It's one of the reasons why I never really got into LoL and why I only rarely do some Pokemon battles against other people.

I'm the same way. I think a lot of it has to do with confidence too. I just don't have the confidence or whatever to go through with even one competitive battle. Not to mention, I don't really EV/IV train my pokemon or worry about what their natures are or anything. I just play with whatever pokemon I find first.

That's another thing I don't understand. I mean, if pokemon were real, I bet a majority of people would be like Paul from Diamond/Pearl. It would suck because I always see pokemon as being like pets or animals. I know it's silly to think they have feelings in game, but I don't know... I'm just weird. XD

Years
    A lot of people complain that competitive gets too repetitive seeing similar Pokémon on every team, which is kind of true. You basically have to use strong or bulky stuff to win most of the time, and that's part of why I never have any idea what to go with.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm okaaaaaaaay :D

caught up with a few school things, might hit the hay early because I'm sick with allergies ;; long saturday for me tomorrow. better rest up haha.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I worked today, and now I'm lazing around playing MMOs. Though, I can relate to Megan, allergies are kind of kicking my butt. Might not stay up too late, if I'm smart.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Does anyone else ever drink coffee/hot chocolate while browsing PC? I have brown sugar in mine, delicious sweetness...

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I normally browse on my bed, which is a bunk bed, which is upstairs. So no drinking to me.

Also I just uninstalled a bunch of programs 'cause there's so many that I don't use anymore. Goodbye, LoL. My laptop's too laggy to handle you anymore. :<

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    Am I the only one who doesn't have to worry about finals?

My mom always tries to have lawn sales, but people are so stingy. They never be a thing and think everything is junk. So, she gave up on it. *shrug* I can't really blame her. I mean, she had a lot of stuff there that should have been buyable, yet nobody had any interest.:/

omg... now I want a chocolate milkshake... D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't have to worry about finals but I do have to worry about other things? haha.

Coffee became partof my life after I got my current job. As for milkshakes I really want the Orange Creme Shake from Arby's now that it's back hnng I love it so much. ;n;

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    But but... I have no finals to burn lmao.

On the other hand I do love me some milkshakes, and do really want one now ;;

Years
    Well, I found out my grades. Two A's, a B- and a C. Which was slightly worse than last semester (all B+'s), but I just got back from Senior Week where we did some cool activities. And although i'm not graduating until December, I might be going to the ceremony tomorrow just because. ^_^

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I hate you people. Because of this thread I have been to Maccas and Burger Fuel twice each this weekend - both getting Milkshakes >_< Burger Fuel's vanilla shake is my fav ever :D

As for finals. I don't sit any as I'm a design student, but final project for the next few weeks is killing my activity ( I have like 5 weeks left till Winter break/ end of trimester).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back