• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Flannery Lue

Soul Sister
Years
I'm gonna attempt to see if I got this right...

Spoiler:

Hmm, is that what you needed? Here's the code to that right here:

Spoiler:

Hope this helps! :)

That's exactly it! Thank you. =)
I really appreciate it.

Etherion

I was wondering how can I make a grid using CSS?

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
Years
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out!!! But I'm gonna leave my post here for reference in case anyone else has the same problem. When you use the float property, you can't use margin at the same time. For example, if you used float: right, you can't use margin-left !! ...It's kind of a dumb mistake when you figure it out to be honest but it's easy to make ^ ^;;;;;

You see this big giant space at the top?

Spoiler:

It won't go away, even with float. What on earth am I doing wrong? //sighs forever

Code:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Hi just had a quick question :D
Ive recently learned the basics of css and havent had too much trouble so far but while im working on updating my sig no matter what i do i cant change the color hyperlinks show up. Regular text colors ive had no problem with and i do have another question when i use title coding the word that has the title always appears black and also cant be changed. Anyway to set the colors they appear as? thnx!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Hi just had a quick question :D
Ive recently learned the basics of css and havent had too much trouble so far but while im working on updating my sig no matter what i do i cant change the color hyperlinks show up. Regular text colors ive had no problem with and i do have another question when i use title coding the word that has the title always appears black and also cant be changed. Anyway to set the colors they appear as? thnx!

It's tricky, but you need to put the color tag inside the url tag. Like so:

[url=http://pokecommunity.com][color=#FFFFFF]Example[/color][/url]

So for example, if you wanted to set the link color to red in your signature (obviously this will work with any color though):

Spoiler:

Result:

um... How do you make a signature like this?http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8901239&postcount=33I tried many times, but i just can't make it. Thanks!

Can you show the code for some of your attempts? If you do, I can tell you what's wrong and how to get it working :)

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I forgot.): I have a bad memory span...

Well this code should do the trick:

Spoiler:

Put some text in here.

links and stuff

That's the basic idea of it, but if you wanted a different font family or color, you'd have to tweak it a bit. Hope that helps!

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
Years
Hello, I'm completely new to anything CSS related so I hope Iv posted this in the right arepa.
Could anyone explain to me in relatively simple terms how to add an image to the background of a post like on some trade stores? I'm helping run one and I'd like to make it look more attractive. Thank you for any help you could offer

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Hello, I'm completely new to anything CSS related so I hope Iv posted this in the right arepa.
Could anyone explain to me in relatively simple terms how to add an image to the background of a post like on some trade stores? I'm helping run one and I'd like to make it look more attractive. Thank you for any help you could offer

Put the background-image: property, into a [cd] tag, and place the image URL into the url() field, with the URL surrounded by quotation marks. So as an example:

[cd=background-image:url('--put your URL here--');]Trade store related stuff...[/cd]

Trade store related stuff...

Just make sure you have quotation marks surrounding the URL, otherwise it wont work c:

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
Years
Put the background-image: property, into a [cd] tag, and place the image URL into the url() field, with the URL surrounded by quotation marks. So as an example:

[cd=background-image:url('--put your URL here--');]Trade store related stuff...[/cd]

Trade store related stuff...

Just make sure you have quotation marks surrounding the URL, otherwise it wont work c:

That's brilliant, thank you so much

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
So I'm basically going back to basic CSS. I'm having a little trouble right now though.

Spoiler:

It always appears with another picture, am I doing something wrong?

Use this code instead.

Spoiler:

This can happen when you have an extra closing tag in your code. It looks like you had a third closing [/div] tag at the end of your code when you had first typed it, so the BBCODE duplicated it.

Back