• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Curious if these five mechanics could be to implemented in D&P...

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    So full transparency, I know nothing about Pokémon modding. I'm actually also working on mods for the renowned classic Gamecube game, Shadow The Hedgehog so not really likely to be able to do anything with these concepts (so if any of them catch your interest feel free to run with them).

But I am curious how easy or difficult the following modifications to the game-systems would be for Diamond and Pearl in particular. I know folks have managed to add Mega-Evolution into D&P and I know that some folks have issues with BDSP's lite V-Pet elements which got me thinking about a funny potential mechanical shake-up.

1. Make it possible for every unevolved Pokémon to Mega-Evolve into its evolved form, provided they have high-happiness and with doing so costing a lot of happiness.
    2. Pokémon who faint in battle will degenerate back to being an egg. If your whole party is wiped the top Pokémon of your party will auto-hatch when you reappear at the Pokémon Centre. They retain their moves from before this happens.
    3. When a wild Pokémon faints it drops a random berry that can boosts your EVs, happiness, and health.
    4. When you have walked a certain number of steps with a Pokémon they are forced to hold an item which negates their ability until you use a custom item called "toiletries" on them. Existing held items are restored after using toiletries. While holding this item they get a custom sprite beside them.
    5. You have to pay for the services of a Pokémon Centre, with some custom dialogue complaining about not being equipped to deal with this stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So full transparency, I know nothing about Pokémon modding. I'm actually also working on mods for the renowned classic Gamecube game, Shadow The Hedgehog so not really likely to be able to do anything with these concepts (so if any of them catch your interest feel free to run with them).

But I am curious how easy or difficult the following modifications to the game-systems would be for Diamond and Pearl in particular. I know folks have managed to add Mega-Evolution into D&P and I know that some folks have issues with BDSP's lite V-Pet elements which got me thinking about a funny potential mechanical shake-up.

1. Make it possible for every unevolved Pokémon to Mega-Evolve into its evolved form, provided they have high-happiness and with doing so costing a lot of happiness.
    2. Pokémon who faint in battle will degenerate back to being an egg. If your whole party is wiped the top Pokémon of your party will auto-hatch when you reappear at the Pokémon Centre. They retain their moves from before this happens.
    3. When a wild Pokémon faints it drops a random berry that can boosts your EVs, happiness, and health.
    4. When you have walked a certain number of steps with a Pokémon they are forced to hold an item which negates their ability until you use a custom item called "toiletries" on them. Existing held items are restored after using toiletries. While holding this item they get a custom sprite beside them.
    5. You have to pay for the services of a Pokémon Centre, with some custom dialogue complaining about not being equipped to deal with this stuff.

Considering that you can reprogram the games to do anything within the limits of the hardware, all of these things would be possible to do in DP (and in any other game).
    Since there is no decomp for DP it would be harder to do this there than in the earlier games, but easier than in any of the newer games due to DP having leaked source code and existing hacking efforts.

Back